7-Elevencomplaining about a store owner at 151ne north miami area

I went in for an interview and he gave me a position. So I started the next day I worked a 8 hour shift. Once that shift was over I had another opportunity handed to me somewhere better so I took upon that offer.See Top 10 Worst Companies in North Miami Beach, FLI specifically made a call to the 7/11 owner and told him I will turn down that offer he gave me because I found another position else where. I said to please still send out my check for the 8 hours I did on Tuesday April 4th 2017( 10-6am ). I've called numerous times and send out a text message. He has ignored me and said he will not give me a check. Therefore am here reporting it now. And I will like to get my check that I work for that day.

Ma
Apr 16, 2017

Comments

•   Apr 16, 2017

You deserve to be paid for the time you worked, of course. But you did not call to turn down a position he offered you. You took him up on the position and actually worked 8 hours. You then stiffed him for another job leaving him short handed and having to go through hiring someone else. So in my opinion, the complaint should be against you for being irresponsible.

Did he have you fill out any paperwork when he hired you?

• Gr
      Apr 19, 2017

@Wine Is Good Makes no difference if said employee only worked 1 shift. Federal laws govern how promptly your former employer must issue your last paycheck. MANY employers are ignorant to these laws and believe they don't have to pay an ex employee for one reason or another..

•   Apr 20, 2017

@Gruven Haus I never said he did not deserve to be paid. And employers must cut the check within the pay period they are currently in. There is no law that says a last check has to be given the exact moment when employment ends.