24 Hour Fitness / poor service!

United States Review updated:
To america's biggest loser, it sure ain't me. I miss and need my workouts. Since the beginning of the year the pool has been closed many different times. 3 days here a week there for a total of more than 30 days because of water quality issues (The pool was just plain old dirty).

It is presently closed and has been for the past 10 days and management has no idea when it will be re-open to the membership. Why I asked the service manager jane doe and she said, "because we do not know and I don't want to give out misinformation." I pressed her further and she stated that the law is now requiring them to install a new filtration system and the corporate office is aware of this scenario. The law? I said. She clarified by saying it is the health department and their notice is posted.

I am at wits end. I can only swim and exercise in the pool due to severe knee and ankle problems. Not to mention that it has been over 100 degrees the entire time the pool has been closed. Again! It has been closed for more than a months time this year alone.in fact, it remains closed as you read this.

Beware people!

A  17th of Sep, 2007 by
The pool at the 24hour fitness club in Rancho Penasquitos, San Diego, CA, has excessive chemical treatment. Both my wife and I had severe air passage burns, swollen lips, and burning eyes. The water tastes like chicken soup. I know you are using sodium solutions. So, don't use that as an excuse. The last time the water was drained, I had complained to the city, about two years ago. I guess we will do that again. I think it's time to change the water (2 years is excessive). There is a point were using chemicals to fight the yellow and green tints that water shows on a weekly basis becomes dangerous to members.

You continue to have members going into the sauna and steam rooms fully clothed and with workout shoes. You are not enforcing the rules. One more reason I will contact the health department.

Other than that, thank you for keeping your gym inside clean and functional.

Ah, if only you spent as much time improving the wet area....

There you have it... I wish they would drain this pool for once.

24 Hour Fitness - Poor Service
24 Hour Fitness

There is no way to participate in Group X classes because by the time you get there the classes are always full.

They do allow for $1 dollar to be paid prior to 1 hour before the class but if the time is before 7 am they cannot advance reserved and accept the $1 because the employee cannot open the register.

They have coin lockers for use but when you insert the coins they do not work and do not return the coins. When you go to the front desk to ask for your money back they do not citing a lack of change.

I have observed at times after 12 AM the front desk attendants allow nonmember homeless people to use the bathrooms and showers. The homeless people sully the facilities and smell bad.

Complaints to front desk attendants always result in "I can't do anything"
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I signed up there, and they NEVER showed me how to use the equipment!
N  21st of Mar, 2011 by
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sincerely sorry to hear about the negative experience at your local club and would love the opportunity to assist you further. I will be sending you a direct message with my contact information so I can get a little more detail from you.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Andrea M.