ADVERTISIMENT

Thu:5:00 am - 9:00 pm
Fri:5:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat:5:00 am - 9:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

24 Hour Fitness USAUnable to get information from 24 hour fitness in order to get membership refund

Dear Complaints Board,

Today, on 3/19/21, I called my local 24 Hour Fitness [protected] to freeze my membership per an email I received from the company informing me that I could make that request due to their re-opening. The representative told me that I was unable to freeze my membership because I had purchased it from Costco.

I called my local Costco [protected] and spoke to Brenda, who told me that they would prorate my membership refund but that they needed to get my first and last day I used the membership and that I can request that 24 Hour Fitness email me this information.

I called my local 24 Hour Fitness again and the manager, Randy H. (he would not provide his last name). He would not email me this information and said that I had to come into the gym to get a printout. He stated that they have no email and could not email it to me. Due to health concerns, I am avoiding going to the gym or anywhere else.

Can you please assist in getting that information for me so that I can request my prorated refund? I can provide you with my membership number if needed.

Bao Ngo
[protected]@googlemail.com

Comment Guidelines

Respond

24 Hour FitnessRefund policy sucks

Well, this happened over 3 yrs ago, but I found out about this forum this morning...hence reporting this!

I joined 24 hr fitness about 3 years ago, and I paid them $500 for a set of 10 sessions with a personal trainer. I only went for the 1st session where they check your weight and BMI and give you a tour of the facility. 2 days later I found out that I was pregnant(and had some complications) and the doctor asked me to lay off exercises for sometime since I had never done it before. I asked 24 hr fitness for a refund and they said it couldnt be done.

Every time I called the customer service they would transfer me to a different person and I would have to tell my complaint all over again. Later they asked me to send them a letter from the doctor regarding the same, which I did. Its been 3 years now and I still haven't got my money back. I have resolved NEVER to go back again!

I understand that the deal with policies but there should be exceptions made, especially when one has a valid reason and a Doctor's letter to prove it.

Comment Guidelines