1and1.com / avoid at all costs 1and1 free trial & tribulation.
Hi, please read this.
I have somehow received a free trial from 1&1. It may have been triggered from a sales call from the usa. It resulted in an e-mail welcoming me to a free trial. The e-mail ended up unbeknown to me in my spam folder. And there it stayed. I am now being charged & pound;70.00 per quarter for a service I did not ask for. I only became aware of this charge when I inspected my pay-pal account and saw the 1&1 debit. Incredulous as to the source of the charge I searched my mail account for 1&1 related e-mails. It was then I located the free trial details in my spam folder.
At the foot of the 'free trial' introduction was a number to call should one choose not to use the service offered. Failure to call the number to cancel the trial within the specified time period automatically gives 1&1 the right to charge for the service. As I have an existing domain 1&1 have my payment details.
I am pretty devastated this has happened and the sharp practice used appears legal.
So, my message is 1and1 are using stealth & sharp practice to sucker people into useless services at an outrageous cost. I call it white collared theft.
I asked for a refund as the package is unused, no contract has been signed and no invoice received by me. They rejected my request and here I am on this forum joining you as a disillusioned fellow victim. I am going to attack 1and1 in any way I legally can.
More 1and1.com Complaints & Reviews
- 1&1 Internet, Inc. - billing and collection scam 
- 1and1.com - abuse department is actually the billing department 
- Aeg Publishing - fraud marketing 
- 1and1.com - cancellation and refund policies 
- 1and1.com - refused to cancel/delete my account then sent me to collections. 
- 1and1.com - horrible cancellation process
- 1and1.com - terrible tech service
- 1and1.com - stay away 
- 1and1.com - customer service
- 1and1.com - very bad company