1&1deplorable service

1&1 is singularly the worst company I have dealt with in 48 years in business. I hardly have the energy to detail what they have put me through in. After more than 10 years in business with them, paying each bill automatically on date of charge, they shut me down, shut off my email account so that everyone in my company is unable to use email. This because I had an outstanding balance of $29. Why outstanding? Because for some reason (later determined to be the number on back of the credit card)
my $29 charge did not go through. This action with no notice to me. Just one day...VOILA! No email. After speaking to and fighting with multiple staffers, my mail was "up and running, " and I wrote them the new security code.

TODAY I' am shut down again. No notice. Multiple non-helpful staffers finally told me where to make a change on-iine (the ONLY way we can take changes)...and told me their shut down would be lifted within the next two business day (later changed to "the next four hours.") and if I didn't like that (I didn't) I could reach their Complaint Department, but "ONLY BY EMAIL" That shut down, I have zero options. When I pointed that out, on a fourth call, the staffer told me before hanging up, "Have a nice day!" Again, no one in my organization is able to send or receive email.

How can such a company be in business?

Comments

• Do
      Dec 18, 2009
    1 & 1 Internet - Terrible experience
    1 & 1 Internet
    oneandone.co.uk

We initiated a DNS redirect of our domain from 1 & 1 internet ltd to a new DNS host. Meanwhile I also initiated a domain transfer request from 1 & 1 internet to the new registrar. This resulted in a domain registration error and consequently we have lost all our email and website access. This has persisted for 5 days despite our best efforts to re-initiate service.

The support staff are un-cooperative and un-helpful in dealing with this domain registration error which should be an easy fix.

We sent 3 emails per day to the support and transfers desk (support at 1and1.co.uk and transfers at 1and1.co.uk) and the response is woeful at best (an automated response informs you that they will respond in 24 hours, but I have heard very little). In 5 days I have received 1 email in return.

I contacted the support telephone number twice per day for the last 4 days. The call routes to the Philippines where the call centre staff are unable to perform any functions other than to record the details of the conversation on an email which is then sent to the technical team (in New York). In addition, the call quality is extremely poor (phasing in and out).

In summary we have found 1 & 1 internet to be extremely unhelpful and at best obstructive in our case. This has severely impacted our business.

I urge anyone thinking of doing business with 1 and 1 internet to be extremely aware of their terrible customer service.

• Lo
      Dec 18, 2009
    1 & 1 Internet - Worst customer service I have ever encountered
    1 & 1 Internet
    oneandone.co.uk

This company has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. They are extremely egotistical, full of attitude, and refuse to look at the big picture...working to satisfy the customer. Very disappointing!

• Re
      Oct 15, 2015

I have been having problems with my 1 & 1 email service. It's been slower and slower getting email's to me, and now today I cannot even get on the email service at all. What is going on?????????