1&1 — deceptive practices
1&1 has a terrible negative billing / deceptive practices structure that makes it impossible to transfer out your domain. They obscure information on how to transfer away, they make the cacel.1and1.com site deceptive and confusing to intentionally obscure the process, and then lay out traps to cancel your policy in a way that they can then charge you $40 to reinstate the domain.
In my case, I paid for a domain (with 2 months remaining) and attempted to transfer away, but the domain remained 'locked'. I also requested to cancel the account. The domain transfer failed and they would not undo the cancellation (even though it says you can for up to 3 days). Now, they want to charge $40 to reinstate a domain I already paid for, and then charge me again for the domain registration.
Forget about customer service — they’re useless. Stay away at all costs — once you’re in their grip they’ll never let you go without fees and underhanded techniques to trap you.
More 1&1 Complaints & Reviews
- 1&1 Internet, Inc. - billing and collection scam 
- 1and1.com - abuse department is actually the billing department 
- Aeg Publishing - fraud marketing 
- 1and1.com - cancellation and refund policies 
- 1and1.com - refused to cancel/delete my account then sent me to collections. 
- 1and1.com - horrible cancellation process
- 1and1.com - terrible tech service
- 1and1.com - stay away 
- 1and1.com - customer service
- 1and1.com - very bad company