1-800-Flowers.com / no delivery/poor service

1 OH, United States Review updated:

I placed an order for one of the Mother's Day specials that were so heavy advertised both on television and interent. The delivery was set for Saturday by my choice to account for the Sunday rush. No delivery! Calls to their tracking dept phone number would be disconnected each time I would either speak, or manually enter my order number. Today no luck either by website tracking or telephone. After multiple attempts and waiting on hold for twenty minutes I spoke with "William", operator or something another #48269. He spent another forty-two minutes between my being on hold, and stating that he was unble to find my order, he can't access it, and then as I watched on the websit tracking my order SUDDENLY appears a second time and is entered as 5/10 instead of 5/8. Note: the order from 5/8 was still displayed. He says after all this that the order cannot be filled due to the heavy volume of Mother's Day, yet had no answer as to why no delivery could be made the day prior. After all of this I then see an entry on the website tracking utility showing that I had cancelled the order. These people are as "fly by the seat of your pants" as I've ever dealt with. On top of all this my demand for a confirmation email as to my card being credited back has yet to come, and they "should" have the card credited back within three to five business days. I am furious! Not to mention that my girlfriend in Texas and her mother, to whom I was sending the flowers (from Ohio) are without any flowers for Mother's day! I have utilized their customer survey and filed a complaint with their in house customer service. I cannot help but think that it too will be met with the same high level of service, interest and satisfaction (sic) in which the initial order was dealt with.

Er

Comments

• Un
      12th of May, 2010

I want to add my comments to the list of complaints about this company.
    When I called to report my dissatisfaction in the quality of the flowers, the 'customer service' person was rude. My Mother's Day flowers never opened, instead I was left with a bunch of dried up and shriveled buds.
    Please save yourself the aggravation and order from a more customer friendly and reliable organization.