1-800-Flowers.com

5600 NW 12th Ave Ste 304, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33309, US

Reviews and Complaints

compensation for drivers

Times are tough and I responded to an ad on Craigslist to deliver some flowers on Mothers Day. Upon interview I was promised of an opportunity to make a lot of money for hard work which sounded fantastic. The job was $4 per delivery and drivers average about 60-70 deliveries a day. I realized that this was a lie and an average delivery driver could not do more then 40 deliveries in a large SUV as myself. Minus gas, and divided by the hours working from 6am and finishing around 9pm at night, the compensation is about $2/hr.

They take advantage of people who do not realize this, who are not aware of MPG, how many miles they are driving divided by how many hours they are working. They promised a paycheck several weeks later. When I asked for my check a blame game between 1800-flowers, Alliance Deliveries INC, Alliance Express INC and a criminal Jose Sanchez who I believe is an alias using the corp Alliance Express INC, who he is not an officer of basically stole money. It is my belief after my own personal investigation is that all parties are involved in this scam, and basically prey on people who will give up easily and walk away basically getting free slave labor from poor unsuspecting workers. The money involved on a individual basis is not even worth filing a civil case, criminal case or even a lawyer to get involved.

I have a hard time believing that Watermill Flowers INC is not involved in this, and they claim "Jose Sanchez" was never an employee of the company, but I believe he was perhaps under a different name. He was allowed to use a facility to hire, train, organize and route drivers. He also collected information upon hire which was a 1099 form, and a non compete form. I have hard time believing that a franchisee of 1800 flowers, who I am sure have gone through a tremendous amount of paperwork, and legal mumbo jumbo to be duped by a criminal like "Jose Sanchez" They have given out info to misguide and frustrate people.

Watermill Flowers INC, 1800 Flowers, Alliance Express CORP Jose sanchez complaint not getting paid scam crooks craigslist ad deliver delivered flowers $4

• Br
    brownsuga169 Feb 15, 2011

On February 13, 2011 I ordered flowers and candy for my mother for Valentines Day. The delivery was not received and customer service sent me a bogus email saying that when they can confirm the delivery until tomorrow. What a rip off!

• THIS MUST BE A JOKE!!! I order the flowers one day ahead for my wife birthday...THEY NEVER DELIVERED...NO PHONE CALL...NOTHING...
    I can not believe...NEVER EVER AGAIN...1800 Flowers...BAD BUSINESS

• Mj
    mjacobsen46 Jul 04, 2012

I am going through the same problem right now with the 1800 Flowers location in Melrose Park, IL

• Ri
    Rickyboom Jan 29, 2013

I also delivered flowers for Watermill flowers and they screwed me over

• Ri
    Rickyboom Jan 29, 2013

I delivered flowers for Watermill flowers over the Xmas holidays and was never paid. They are with 1800 flowers and I cannot believe a large organization like this would treat people like this when I am trying to make money to buy gifts for my kids. I spend about $150 a gas and worked about 32 hours in 3 days and they paid me 0 dollars. They claimed one of the managers stole the money and played a finger pointing game. They owed me $400 and apparently that isn't even worth investigating by the police.

Never buy flowers from 1800 flowers and watermill flowers.

jazcateyez May 13, 2014

I placed an order on 5/8/14 for delivery on 5/11/14 which was mothers day. The recipient did not receive the order or a phone call to say why. I am extremely disappointed because I thought this was a great company.

• Dk
    dkjohnson Jan 19, 2015

I ordered flowers online 1800 flowers. They were not delivered. I called a month later to inquire about delivery. They verified that their vendor did not deliver. They did not inform me nor follow up. They said they will refund my money. Hopefully they will, but that does not make up for these not being delivered.