Menu

Comerica Bank - improper deactivation of card # [protected]

S
Author of the complaint
12:36 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

COMERICA BANK IMPROPERLY DEACTIVATED MY CARD THAT I REPORTED STOLEN ON OR ABOUT THE 15-16 OF MARCH. SUBSEQUENTLY MY ENTIRE SSI BENEFIT WAS TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT. A NEW CARD WAS ISSUED TO ME AS IF THE CARD( #[protected]) AS WAS DEACTIVATED. WHEN I CONTACTED THE DIRECT EXPRESS PEOPLE AT [protected] I WAS TOLD FOR THE SECOND TIME THAT THE CARD WAS GOING TO BE DEACTIVATED, AND THE CARD THAT I NOW HOLD [protected]) WOULD HAVE MY BENEFITS POSTED ON IT. BEFORE HANGING UP I WAS TOLD THAT THREE TRANSACTIONS HAD JUST BEEN MADE IN INCREMENTS OF $201 EACH. I AM ATTEMPTING TO FILE A POLICE REPORT BUT IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT I RECEIVE SOME CORRESPONDING INFORMATION FROM THE BANK. IN CONCLUSION, IT APPEARS TO BE THE FAULT OF COMERICA BANK BECAUSE THEY IMPROPERLY DEACTIVATED MY CARD THAT I REPORTED STOLEN ON OR ABOUT THE 15-16 OF MARCH. I AM ATTEMPTING TO FILE A POLICE REPORT BUT IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT I RECEIVE SOME CORRESPONDING INFORMATION FROM THE BANK. IN CONCLUSION, I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY LEGAL COUNSEL THAT IT APPEARS TO BE THE FAULT OF THE BANK (COMERICA) AS A SECOND CARD SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ISSUED WITHOUT FIRST CONFIRMING THAT THE REPORTED STOLEN CARD [protected]) WAS PROPERLY DEACTIVATED. I AM HOPEFUL THAT WE CAN RESOLVE THIS MATTER WITHOUT ANY LEGAL ACTIONS AGAINST THE BANK BEING NEEDED.
AGAIN MY CURRENT PHONE NUMBER IS [protected]
RESPECTFULLY, MR. SHERIDANN BLAIR LAWRENCE [protected]

Helpful? 0 0

More Comerica Bank complaints & reviews

Comerica Bank - swindled out of my money
Comerica Bank - rip-off
Comerica Bank - trustee won't pay bills on time or not at all!
Comerica Bank - not recording cash deposits
Comerica Bank - deposit not credited and overdraft fees charged
3 comments
D
Nov 22, 2016 12:36 pm

I was told I had to have a routing number to transfer my account to a net spend card this was by Social Security office, but US Express has told me US Express has no routing numbers,

I lost $1, 238.00

C
Sep 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Comerica is just the bank that funds the card. Social Security manages them. You'd have to talk to Social Security about the cards being open or closed. Also, you could be receiving fraud on your account because you BROADCASTED your entire card number on here, along with your name, for every criminal to see and use!

F

nice try! the bank has nothing to do with it! it is DIRECT EXPRESS... call them--- and see. You report a card stolen- yeah they are going to close it... THAT IS SAVING YOU FROM PEOPLE TAKING YOUR MONEY! Wow-- really... THINK BEFORE YOU ACT>... YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ASK...

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

39 complaints