Comcaststealing my money

E

So if your a slacker like me and sometimes get disconnection notices from comcast, be sure to file them away. I recently had my services softly disconnected so I was receiving only basic cable. About a month later I pay the bill and have services restored. of course they will charge you as if you were receiving your full services So when I call 1800xfinity to get my bill adjusted for the time that my internet, digital cable, showtime, hbo, and phone were taken from me they could not credit my account. They could not credit my account because they never recorded a date of disconnection. The representative had no explanation of why so I threw out a date that i thought the disconnection occured. She said that I couldn't prove it. Then I had to ask how to prove it and she tells me i would have to find the disconnection notice sent to me in the mail and take it to my local office. Its the one that comes in the blue envelope. Luckily I still have it so I will be sure to request my hard earned 150 dollars that comcast attempted to swindle from me. More of the rich stealing from the poor.

• Le
    lesanda18 Jun 07, 2011

after switching to verizon in november i propmtly returned all my comcast equipment to their office, thus disconnecting my service on my own. Three months later i get a collection notice for failure to pay november and december. they claim they disconnected my service on dec. 30 when actually I did it on nov 5. after 3 seperate disputes on this claim they say i am wrong and i now have 30 days to pay. thank you comcast for screwing another customer, not that they care!

• Co
    Consumer Rights Advocate May 06, 2011

Very good...her lack of further posting sure gives me hope that she's starting to get a grip on reality.

• Co
    Consumer Rights Advocate Mar 25, 2011

Maggie - do you ever have anything positive to say?

I agree mollie. Its bs.

espy Mar 16, 2011

and the complaint wasn't about the fact that i ignored my bills and had my services disconnected . it was about the fact that they still charged me for services when i didn't have them. even if i couldn't afford it it still isn't right. I cant imagine how many people just pay the bill given to them without question.

espy Mar 16, 2011

sorry but money is not a problem. i just hate paying them. but thanks mom