Cogeco Cableterrible customer service beware!

C

Cogeco...not sure how the following is possible..."won an award for customer satisfaction".
I am very dissapointed & shocked at the low level of customer service I have received. I currently have home phone with Bell and was wanting to bundle with Cogeco by adding my phone line to my current services. After reviewing & doing my research online, I had come to the conclusion, I would be saving money with Cogeco and decided to call them & add this feature.
If you go to their website & calculate the "bundle feature" you will very surprised at the difference from what you find out online to what they actually offer.
Under the "select" package, you are receiving 2 calling features of your choice. To find out which these are, you scroll down to the section which contains all the calling features. You will find a list of features. I came to realize I would like the second line & voicemail. I called in & was told I was not able to choose the second line as an option.
It is very deceiving as it is an option to choose. It does not state anywhere (not even in the fine print) that you are not able to pick this. The exact line the representative said..."well it's a good thing you called because it's wrong on the website, we won't switch that for one complaint"...
Seriously?

TERRIBLE customer service...spoke with a few people on the phone including the "supervisor" which was the worst help of all!

Beware of what you see on Cogeco's website! They make it seem like such a good deal, until you speak with someone!!!

Worth the time to check out Bell for their services

• Ti
    Tim from Welland May 24, 2018

On May 23, 2018 I spent over 2 hours on the phone waiting to get through to an agent to ask about a discrepancy with my bill.
    I'm on a bundled pack (Internet, TV, home Phone) which is to expire June 9, 2018.
    However, because they decided to change their billing date to the 3rd week of the month I was curious why I was paying for a full month of services while only getting 3 weeks of service. They couldn't explain but apparently this is happening to ALL COGECO CUSTOMERS. I asked if we were all getting a one-time credit and the answer was NO.

Now my plan was due anyway, but since they changed their schedule, my discounts were taken off for the remainder of my contract. Which meant I was paying full price for my services for those remaining days to my contract end date.
    Amazing how they can do this transaction but can't enable a one-time credit.
    Oh yeah... did I mention...I had nothing to do with their changes in billing ?!?!

When I finally collapsed out of frustration, I decided I better deal with getting new prices for the year. When I did, I was given two options. 1) All three services or 2) Just Internet & TV (we're considering getting rid of the phone)
    The difference in price was close to $30 ! Pretty significant. However I needed to confirm with my wife to see if we could live without this service.
    16 hours later, I called back...waited...and spoke to Meagan (sp?)
    She informed me that I've already been locked into the 3-service bundle and it would cost me $75 to remove each and any service. AND the new price for just the 2-services was now only $6 cheaper. I don't get that !!!
    When I mentioned to her that I wasn't aware of confirming my deal AND I hadn't received any e-mails to say so, she just said that they were having issues with their e-mail system!
    WHY IS THIS MY PROBLEM?????
    I've been with Cogeco since 1989 and I've never seen changes in customer service like this.
    I feel like just not paying any future bill from them and seeing where this goes. In my mind; the more public, the better.
    Especially since Cogeco gives you NO way to escalate a complaint efficiently or effectively.

• Bl
    Blacley May 23, 2018

I cancelled my service on 03/04/2018 after having no service .I am still being billed to this day 23/05/2018after tripping over cable cord that cogeco installed incorrectly. was out for 4 hours bleeding all that time .tried calling hospital several times only too hear dial 1 and area code when calling. tried for weeks to get cogeco on phone only to hear the wait is 20 minutes every 20 minutes for day, s. Then I finally got someone after a46 minute wait to be transferred back to wait will be 20 minutes . when I spoke to a woman told her what was happening she cancelled my service and wanted a extra $100.00 .Was transferred again to guess what the wait will be 20 minutes. until battery was dead.Bill is now over $500.00 for no service.

Jaymac Sep 22, 2018

@Blacley Worst compnay ever for customer service. Equipment issues and what you get in viewing. Spent 5 hours other day between phone and store and problem is not resolved and they wont send someone for 9 days. They offered 2 days free. Big deal. Doesnt cover 9 days of no internet or wifi and 5 hours of my time. During which i was hung up on twice after being on the phone for an hour each time.