Club Pogounable to play pogo games

J

I have been charged for Pogo and not been able to play pogo games for 3 yrs. with the exception of a couple of months. Please credit my account. I will take my hard drive in for repairs to see if there is a problem. Sometimes I get in, like poppit or lotto but they freeze before I can start, or not even download. I miss playing my lotto and poppit. Thank goodness for aol free games.

• Fr
    FRED HATHORNE Jun 09, 2008

WHY DO I GET TO PLAY POGO GAMES WITH NO PROBLEM FOR A FEW YEARS AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS AFTERNOON I CAN'T DO SQUAT---I TALKED TO SOMEONE ONLINE AND SHE SAID IT WAS STRAIGHTENED OUT BUT ITS WORSE THAN EVER---MY NAME IS FRED A. HATHORNE AND MY E-MAIL IS [email protected] FAVORITE RESTAURANT IS JAKES MY MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME IS BOWES----WHAT THE HECK ELSE DO YOU WANT MY SERVICE RECORD?--- i'm also an american born citizen and a veteran.

mamie Jul 23, 2008

I JUST INSTALLED JAVA AND I STILL CANT PLAY ANY POGO GAMES, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

• Fu
    furby415 Jul 24, 2008

I received this e-mail from Pogo when I was having trouble playing and freezing all the time. I installed a different version of Java (Microsoft Virtual Machine) like they said and it works perfectly. Just follow the directions. Good Luck.

Greetings,

Subject
    Reference #: 080223-006379 Subject: Java 1.6.0_03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.) Win...

Discussion Thread Response (Elysia)03/26/2008 02:15 PM

Thank you for contacting technical support. I am sorry that you are experiencing difficulty.

Can you try using the MS Java instead of the Sun Java? Prior to making this change go ahead and uninstall any current version of "Sun Java" under the control panel, then follow the instructions below to set your browser to use MS Java.

-Open Internet Explorer
    -Click Tools then Internet options
    -Click the Advanced tab
    -Scroll down and unselect Java (Sun) "Use JRE 1.5.0_0x for (applet)
    -Check the box under Microsoft VM "Java console enabled"
    -Hit Apply/OK

Go ahead and try playing the game again.

Here is a link to get the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine. This site is not affiliated with Electronic Arts so if you run into any issues please consult with your system administrator.

$#[email protected]://www.gamecolony.com/msjava.shtml

How to Disable Sun Java and Install Microsoft Java

(Although it's a bit harder to install, Microsoft Java is faster, more stable and provides better graphics.)

To use Microsoft Java, you would need to disable Sun Java first.

How to disable Sun Java:

Open up Internet Explorer and go to the 'Tools' menu located on top of the Internet Explorer window. Here, select 'Internet Options'. Go to Advanced' tab and scroll down until you see Sun Java. Just uncheck the box and hit 'Apply' then press 'OK'. Now your are ready to install your new Microsoft Java.

How to install Microsoft Java:

To install Microsoft Java on your PC, click on the link below and save to 'My Documents' or wherever you normally save.

*&*&://www.gamecolony.com/temp/msjavx86.exe

Double click the file and click install.

After the file is installed, it will ask you to reboot/restart your pc...click yes.

When your PC restarts, open up Internet Explorer and go to the 'Tools' menu located at the top of the Internet Explorer window and select 'Internet Options'. Now go to 'Advanced' tab, scroll down until you see 'Microsoft VM' and make sure all 3 boxes are checked. Now select 'Apply' button and then press OK.

Click on the link below to get an update for Microsoft Java version 10 and save it to 'My Documents' or where you normally save.

[email protected]://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4^$a04af2b34d.exe

Double-click the file and install it. After it installs, it will ask you to reboot/restart your PC...click yes.

When your PC restarts, your new Microsoft Java should be ready.

Switching between Sun Java and Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (for Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP)

Both Sun java and Microsoft Java can reside on the same computer without creating a conflict.

Sun Java is updated very often, sometimes weekly. It is still, in general, slower and less stable than Microsoft Java.

(If you are technically inclined: the thread management functionality in Sun Java is less robust than in Microsoft Java which makes Sun Java a far less desirable choice for games for now.)

If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, you can easily switch between Sun Java and Microsoft Java (you'd need to have both installed as per above).

The procedure of turning back on your existing Microsoft Java is slightly different depending on which version of Sun Java you have installed. In both cases, you'd need to turn off Sun Java from your Internet Explorer and then Microsoft Java would 'kick in' on its own.

If you have Internet Explorer browser and Sun Java version 1.5.0 and later, you'd need to go to your browser's menus: Tool/Internet Options/Advanced. Here you'd need to find Java (Sun) item and uncheck it & press OK. Then, you'd need to close/reopen Internet Explorer.

If you have Sun Java plugin for the previous version of Sun Java, you'd need to go to Control Panel/Java plug-in/Browsers tab. Here you'd need to uncheck Internet Explorer & press OK. ((On Windows XP, Java Plugin can be in Control Panel/ Other group)

Once you uncheck Internet Explorer from Sun Java Plugin - Microsoft Java should take control upon browser restart. This will only happen IF Microsoft Java is present and correctly configured. If not present/configured, then you can still get it by (1) installing Build 3810 (see above) and (2) installing Windows Updates (see above)

If you have any further questions or comments please simply reply back and we will do our best to address your concern.

Please feel free to contact us back again or visit our help site at help.ea.com

Sincerely,

Elysia
    Customer Support Representative III
    Electronic Arts

Doris Moore Sep 18, 2008

For the last month I have been unable to play any pogo games. I am a .member

• Be
    bernie Oct 29, 2008

i would like to know why i cant get into pogo club i paidc43dollers and am not able to get in you got my money i got nothing im very dissapointed in thise4662

• Bo
    boopi58 Oct 07, 2009

I AM NOT ABLE TO GET INTO CLUBPOGO. MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected] I HAVE PAID MY SUBSCRIPTION UP UNTIL JANUARY 10, 2010. I Am very unhappy about this situation. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM. THANK YOU.

[email protected]

• Bo
    boopi58 Oct 07, 2009

I agree with this. [email protected]

sassy3435player Nov 24, 2009

I agree with all of these people that have a complaint about pogo. It does alot of freezing up and sometimes you cannot log onto any of the games. Maybe someone need to try to do something about this and make playing these games more enjoyable. That would be nice. Do away with all this freezing up and pop-ups that we get.

• Id
    idyllsteve8 Dec 02, 2009

tests say my Java is running fine but when I try to get into club pogo games it says it isn't. what did pogo do during their weekly updates to screw it up was fine before I shut down for that.

• Le
    Leona Bass Dec 17, 2009

I have been a member for several years. Why is it that every year about this time I can't get on. Everything from my tool bar where I click my little penquin icon it has disappeared. Please, clen up your act.

• Su
    Sunshineeplayer Dec 26, 2009

I've been a pogo subscriber for serveral years, and am paid up until June 2010. The problem is, I was playing "Spades" and at about 4:20a.m. I was booted out of the game; the message read,
    "banned due to prior behavior." Well, what does that mean? Further, it stated "temporarily
    suspended due to a violation of terms of service" in other words, they say I either:
    1. Used abusive/offensive language
    2. Harrassed someone
    3. Impersonated someone
    or
    4. Send 50 messages per day

Which is it, and when did this suppose to occur? I really need some answers here. I'm a full time student and really don't have time to play any pogo games, only began today Xmas, since its winter break from school. Why is it you can't speak to pogo directly? This is outrageous and
    unexceptable. Is the Better Business Bureau, the only option to settle this matter, afterall I paid
    to play these games.

• Ge
    gellliybein Jan 23, 2010

I am having trouble again loading the games. Why does this happen so often? Please help!

• Ge
    gellliybein Jan 23, 2010

You have got me up and playing my games before so please help me again. Thank you!

• Pl
    player cjazzy 61 Jan 30, 2010

i lost my pogo club 1/29 i have ove 3 millons tokens had to buy again 1/30 i was under player cjazzy 61 hope you can help me

• Ha
    hazey457 Jun 28, 2010

eis there a way i can get rid of facebookver since face book entered ive been having trouble getting into poppits

• Gg
    ggjack7 Jul 12, 2010

I have played Pogo games for about five years, lots of mishaps but never complained, but this last one has got me very upset, I avoided clicking on the advertisment that is put up between games by Pogo until just a few days ago, now listen to this, ever since I clicked on that advertisment I have received more than six spam letters, I feel they have sold my personal information and that is why I am receiving these emails, isn't there a law against that, if not there should be, I am 80 years old, and I don't feel I need this aggravation just for a few moments of joy in playing a game. I thought Pogo was a repectable business.

MARIE NASH Jul 19, 2010

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROMBLE. CANT PLAY THE GAMES AND DIDNOT KNOW HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WHITH ANYONE ABOUT THIS HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLAY AT ALL SINCE THE 6TH OF JULY 2010 A LOT OF MONEY GOING TO WASTE. SO CANCEL MY SUSCRIPTION, AND GIVE ME CREDIT. THANK YOU'

• Ol
    oldusedantique Aug 01, 2010

Can't get to pogo club games starting today. was told aol has cancelled Pogo contract. when I get to the new home page, they want my password and user name. after I put them in, I'm told neither one is correct. I contacted the customer service and asked that they send me my password and user name. they both are the ones I used. What's going on? When Pogo makes a change, they should contact club members of it and tell them how to get in.

• Ir
    ira clark Oct 18, 2010

all the above i hold heartly agree with, when are you going to get pogo games strightened out, jeeze come on, get it right or get out. refund our money.okiecrowbait1

• Fr
    frickedian Nov 01, 2010

I have been a member for many years and so has my husband so they have double our money, and other then the games freezing things were fairly good. Now however I cannot get into pogo at all and it is very frustrating. l have spent many hours on the phone with my ISP and even they were unable to help me. What is going on, if this keeps up we will cancel our membership and go to another website where games are available and the site actually works. frickedian

• Id
    idyllsteve8 Apr 05, 2011

pogo shuts down for routine maintenance and 9 out of 10 times screws something up. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm a long time club pogo member would like to play what I pay for not these stupid messages.

• Ro
    Ron Oetting Apr 17, 2011

I've been a Club Pogo subscriber for several years, and have always had problems with the service. RIGHT NOW, I've not been able to play some of my favorite games for several months because a message pops up that says: "Ooop...something's not right". Then it advises me to install JavaScript BUT warns me that it could 'harm' my computer. When I try to connect to Club Pogo's support, I get cut off or things simply 'freeze'. I've been trying to find a mailing address so I can cancel my subscription to Club Pogo. As far as I'm concerned, it's not worth the hassle.

rkorocks
    [email protected]

charles maurice Apr 26, 2011

i am looking for a return of $40.20 for games i did not get

• Te
    Texasgirl4444pla Aug 11, 2011

I am sick and tired of being ripped off from pogo, I just renewed my club membership, for the monthly rate and they send me notice to renew membership this am, this is outrageous, this has been happening much to damn often...so you better check your records again, I pay monthly every moth with bank debit card!!! Texasgirl4444pla...Lois hall

• Es
    escondido 635 Sep 01, 2011

I can´t get my password accepted although Pogo sends me the same password by email all the time. Then I cannot pay with my credit cards. For reasons unknown my Mexican credit cards are f
    refused automatically. Since I have been a member and payed with credit cards from Mexico, it is obviously something in Pogo´s program that does not accept my cards, and not even my password. I have been trying and trying. Please advise.

• Mu
    Muriel Rousseau Feb 19, 2012

I am not able to get into pogo rooms why?

• Bi
    bigbabybaby50 Mar 01, 2012

you give me 7 days free trail and then after 2, 5 days i cant even get back into the game room i put the right java in and now internet exploer all ways stop working all the time please help

• M1
    m13234 Mar 30, 2012

I have been on pogo for a number of years.
    lately i can't play all my pogo games.
    some I can and some I can't
    My membership number is m13234

• Ca
    CAROLE ROSE Apr 24, 2012

I HAVE BOUGHT GAMES FROM POGO AND THEY WILL NOT LET ME DOWNLOAD THEM TO MY COMPUTER. THEY KEEP TELLING ME THAT IS NOT MY E-MAIL.THIS IS EVERY TIME I TRY TO DOWNLOAD TO MY COMPUTER. THEY ARE MY GAMES THAT I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY AND YOU KEEP TELLING ME THAT ARE NOT MY E-MAIL . IF I HAVE TO REDO MY COMPUTER AND I LOSE EVERYTHING I DON'T WANT TO BE TOLD THAT IT NOT MY E-MAIL EVERY TIME I TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD IT ANYTIME I WANT TO THEY ARE MY GAME THAT I PAYED FOR AND IT GOES TO MY COMPUTER THEY ARE MY GAMES . IF I HAVE A VIRUS AND HAVE TO CLEAN MY COMPUTER AND LOSE MY GAMES I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT IS NOT MY E-MAIL ANYMORE . I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THEM ANYTIME I WANT TO THEY BELONG TO ME BOUGHT AND PAYED FOR BY ME

CAROLE

mar727lo Jul 27, 2012

I can no longer play Scrabble on Pogo. I have played it for years. Lately it was knocking me off in the middle of games. It was kind of jumpy on the screen too. Now I can get on, it loads, but nothing happens. What is the problem? I can play some of the other games, but not all. I especially miss my games of Scrabble. Help.

• Po
    pogo sux Oct 16, 2013

I can tell you why, pogo is using malware and java exploiters to access customer info and crash your computer.These things were happening to me i got a new spy ware and ran it.I only play on pogo there were over 1000 problems from them on my machine.Today i went on pogo and got a pop up, it was a warning it said not to allow pogo or ea access to my java as they would use it to access my puter and personal info.A dam shame when people youpay good money to are SCAMMERS.

• Na
    nancy giles Nov 26, 2014

I have been playing texas holdem for a week now with gems I paid for, half the time it doesent give me my points towards my badge when I win the game im getting very angry, i should of had this badge a few days ago. this is so wrong, I just paid my bill for another year and paid for the gems only to be frustrated,

• Vi
    vietnhamit Dec 08, 2014

I like play games: http://mariogames.name

• Re
    Reviewer18655 Jan 01, 2016

There is a game that Geek Squad has tried to fix. They Graphics updates driver, Java flash updates. When I try to get into tri-peaks this comes on & cannot play ESRB Interactions.

Doris Stroup Jan 24, 2016

On my game of spades the cards are froze and won't move. Can you do anything about that? I like to play that game.

• Oa
    Oanaan636 Apr 18, 2017

I am paid up and been a club for about 10 years. Now cannot get in at all.Oanaan636 is my Pogo name. Please help.

Doris Stroup Apr 22, 2017

Phlinx 2 will not load

Doris Stroup May 02, 2017

I cannot get Phlinx 2 to load so I can play the game.

Doris Stroup Jun 15, 2017

This is not a complaint it is a request. I was wondering if you could add more ranks to Phlinx 2. I really really love this game. I play other games but I always go back to this game. Just wondering.

• Mr
    mrbenny09 Oct 03, 2017

Pogo is an Identity Theft site. Operated by the India scammers since day one. They freeze your computer with the ads, then ask you to join Club Pogo. Which people do, not knowing they are giving the thieves all their credid card info. Ever wonder why there is no phone number to call?Well now you know. Boycott Pogo. They are about to see the US Government get involved now. Trust me folks, one of their own reps told me this info. He didn't like that I caught on, told me India could careless, with the internet you can get away with anything.