City Furniture, Tamarac FloridaDefective sectional

We purchased a decora leather sectional at $2700.00. Upon purchasing this item we asked the sales person if the sectional was complete and confirm that there would be no items in back order (We had purchased from city furniture in the past and had items on back order). The sales person whose name is lloyd david-slade assured us the the item would arrive complete. The sectional did not arrive complete and essential pillows (Back rest) were listed as back order upon arrival of the sectional. So now there are certain areas of the sofa that one can not lean back on. We were told that the back pillows would be arriving in feb. 09 (We purchased the sectional in dec. 08). Upon calling city furniture to express my disappointment, i discovered that the pillows were now on back order until april of 2009. It is unbelievable that we purchased a sectional that cost us almost 3000 dollars and we can not fully enjoy it until april of 2009 which is almost five months after purchase. Wait..After 3o days of having the sofa we now start to notice that the leather is separating from the stiching of the sofa. I called cityfurniture to have the sofa replaced and ofcourse they denied this and will have a tech come look at our incomplete and now defective sofa to determine whether it can be fixed and or replace. I am afraid the tech will come and deny the defect. I don't know what i can do except share my story and strongly suggest that no one ever purchase anything from city furniture in florida whose headquarters are in tamarac, florida.

Jan Feb 24, 2009

I am employed at City Furniture and have sent 2 messages to this customer in the past two weeks to assist him. I have not received a call or email.

Comment Guidelines