Resolved Citizens Bank — overdraft fees
I have had my Citizens account for over a decade. I have been unemployed for 6 months in this economy and barely getting by. It is a struggle. In the past week, due to my unemployment check getting posted a day late, Citizens allowed 7 charges to go thru for gasoline ($27), groceries ($55), Walgreens ($8), and 4 other charges all of less than $25. I was charged a $39 overdraft fee for each and every one of them totalling $234 and a total of over $300 in the past week. That is nearly one-half of my unemployment check! I asked why they allowed the charges to go thru and they said "With the small amount of each charge, we see it as a customer service to allow them to pass" - even though they charge ME more than any of the charges actually were! Now I don't have enough in my account for my child support check. What a rip-off!! And they refused to credit any of those charges back! THEN they offer me an application for overdraft protection, that they turn down because I have "insufficient income".
More Citizens Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Citizens Bank - auto loan payoff
- Citizens Bank - refusal to close my bank accounts
- Citizens Bank - citizens bank fees
- Citizens Bank Hartsville, Tn 37074 - Illegal loans, title insurance & illegal foreclosure
- Citizens Bank - they are doing fraudulent activities to rescue their bank
- Citizens Bank Credit Card Services - balance transfer fees
- Citizens Bank - wrong information
- Citizens Bank - checking account
- Citizens Bank - citizen's bad decision embarrassed me and made a whole team of workers have to wait an additional day to be paid
- Citizens Bank - customer service is terrible!