Citizens Bankchecking account

S

I have been a customer for a while now, I made a deposit on Monday afternoon and I was told it would be available by Tuesday 5/23/17.
I got called by the branch manager in Newburgh NY, meadow hills, his name is Brian.
My funds are still not available until 5/31/17.
Strangely enough I called the branch a couple times, I called the customer service number and nobody is willing to verify the other banks funds. Very upset.

• Updated by Smurph65 · May 25, 2017

Well, I should have just cashed my moms estate money at the bank that is dealing with the estate funds.
    I was dealing with my mom's estate account before, never any problems.
    I had an opportunity to take the cash out at the other bank which is a federal credit union.
    But live and learn. My next deposit to Citizen bank will be all cash, no matter how much it is. Yes to wait 10 days for a bank to call another bank for verification is a little too much. Thanks for your help.

• Updated by Smurph65 · May 26, 2017

Thank you for your advice and understanding. Yes it's frustrating to understand all the banking rules and why they
    Everything is going slower than usual for this particular check.
    I've deposited many checks before but the amounts and the way the checks were printed only took 1 day to clear.
    I have been in contact with customer service and branch manager from Citizen Bank. Yes they are working on the verification of funds. I appreciate that you took the time to help me look at the situation differently. 👍🏼