Citibank Credit Card Philippinescitibank

R

I have a complaint with Citibank Philippines Credit Card Company...
First, Girl A has been a cardholder of Citibank for more than 8 years now and due to unexpected circumstances, she flew to London because of job offer. She then asked us to pay her monthly obligations with Citibank which apparently after a year, we failed to do so until it accummulated interest and charges later on. After about 2 years of non-payment, the balance becomes higher and higher without the knowledge of Girl A... We received demand letters here and there until I finally decided to pay since the law office offered a huge discount... From PHP57,000 to 16,644.25... I called up the law office and confirmed the offer and asked them to fax me an agreement letter stating that after payment of PHP16,644.25 on agreed date, Girl A's account will be cleared and closed and they will issue a certificate. They did fax to me the written agreement. After paying, to our dismay, they called me again and told me the amount I paid was not enough. It should have been more, according to them. But I refused to pay more already since what I followed was our oral and written agreement. After paying last July 2007, until October 2007, they NEVER issued us a certificate. I directly called up Citibank Office and told them our complaint but they gave us broken promises. They said Law Office or Collecting Agencies are greedy and want to ask for more, it is however their strategy to collect more, and they said they will issue us a certificate closing the said account. It is already January 2008 but no certificate was issued. I tried to make follow up with Citibank but now, they wanted to talk to the card holder already when before they never asked about it and that since we are not the card holder, we took the responsibility to pay & they never demanded us "the card holder should PAY"... the bottom line here is that, we PAID, we have EVIDENCES, we have an Agreement letter about discount/amnesty, why are they holding and pending Girl A's certificate?

This doesnt happen to me only, this is happening to some of the peers I know also, to my boss, to my officemate and some friends. When you pay, they will NOT issue a certificate regardless of the agreement letter they gave you. The harrassment won't stop.

Citibank must do something about this because as what i know, they are now losing clients and transferring to other much better credit card services..

• Ru
    ruebal Nov 07, 2018

This is what happened to me. I paid last April 2018, and it was me who decided to settle my obligations. The collection agency was GCCS and Associates Corp. and was able to talk to a certain Joan Barcebal. We have reached an agreement for the amount that I should be paying which I did on April 2018. After, she told me to wait for the certificate of full payment. After a month that I did not received any letter from them, I made follow-ups but has not responded to any. I called Ms. Barcebal several times but kept on telling me that to call back. When I call their office, I am always told that Joan is either sick or not around. I asked if there is anyone who can assist me, but said there was none. So I asked for the boss of Joan, it was Atty. Winston Hipe who I am trying to reach out to now.

Btw, its November 2018 now and its almost 7 months.

I dont know who to assist me on this so I emailed CCAP and BSP, I just hope that they will respond to this accordingly.

• Ho
    HOKES R CHELSEA Aug 16, 2016

Chelsea r hokes was at the atms swipe her rushcard for 600. 00 to pay her rent for som strange reson when trying to reach an rep the claim tha t their were an another with draw chelsea check her account mcdondalds and 5. 00 transfer to anther rushcard account it still doesnt say where the 7765. 50 is

• Dc
    d. ca. Aug 16, 2016

Several people are complaining of unexplained illness at work. People are getting sick/ill with stuffy noses, headaches and other symptoms. This situation is less the pleasant and far from ideal. It seems to go away during the weekends but resumes for the work week. Managers deny that there is a problem with the air or office and I do not mean to be stubborn, but it is very dusty. By accident another co-worker and I were talking about it. They may have mold or dampness. They keep the air conditioner really cold. Fresh employees also notice a change.

• Lc
    lcharsh Aug 16, 2016

I received a collections call from Citibank for my Sears card. When talking to them, they informed me I had three months of late charges, which I didn't understand since I had never gotten a statement from them. I had remembered buying something in October and when I had not received any statement sent $17 in but appearently it was late so a late charge. Then they kept charging me late charges. I again used my card, which to my knowledge had nothing on it and never got a statement until I got this phone call. I was told when I can bring it to a current state, they will remove all the late fees. I call today, but they want me to pay more than I really owe, so that when they remove the late fee, they will owe me around $20. But now they are saying they will not remove the late fees because it is my fault that they had the wrong email address to send the statements to. Weird thing is, when I gave the lady my correct and only email address I've used over the last 10 years, it did not go to spam but directly into my inbox. Yet, the fact they had the wrong address is still my fault. I have refused to pay late fees, but they won't take the $23 for merchandise I do owe, because it's less than the due amount. All I want to do is pay the $23 and then cancel this card and never use Citibank for anything again. I finally made them send this to escallations because they kept telling me it was my problem. When did the customer end up being to blame for their mistakes is what I want to know.

• De
    debasish chakraborti Aug 16, 2016

It has become not possible to pass through the payment gateway for Indian railways ticket booking with my CitiBank VISA card for last 6/7 months. Request look into it urgently.

• Dc
    d. ca. Aug 16, 2016

The clinic will give you allergy medicine or you can bring your own.

santosh nasine Aug 16, 2016

I have taken a loan from citi bank through their DSA andromeda and they promised me to charge a processing fee of 1.5% but they charged me 2% and also before disbursing the payment they started the ESC installment.
    When contacted the DSA assured me to refund the entire amount but its been 25 days and after many mails they are avoiding me and not giving any confirmation.

• Da
    DavidfromUK Aug 16, 2016

When this bank moved its systems to India it make a mess of the online records - it reported an incorrect balance. It was impossible to talk to anyone about this, they never apologised. Last week I downloaded some software they advised me was necessary to protect my passwords - it had not been tested and brought my PC to a halt, I had to un-install and reboot. This week, I find my current account balance is £4, 205 different from the detailed records of the account. I call, the 'customer service' person does not understand English - and hangs up. I call again - they go to get a supervisor and the line goes dead. I call a third time and the person spends 10 minutes telling me I don't understand anything and that it is quite normal for the summary balance to disagree with the detail. I could go on. This bank is so miserably bad - people should know how bad. I am finally moving my account, because its the only way I can complain. How can I tell the world about how bad this bank is?

jack1154 May 15, 2015

a friend has large credit card debts which he is now unable to pay due to the rapid decline of his business. His business is in danger of totally folding up so he may not be able to pay until he gets a job which may take some time.

his total debt with the bank is around 2 5 million. Is he liable to go to jail for that?

James dela cerna Apr 15, 2015

Worst banking experience I've ever had. I have a citi bank credit card and had been with them for 3 years. Just a few months ago, I wasnt using the credit card anymore. Then, after 6 months of inactivity, they sent me a mail that I have a debt of 100, 000+ pesos. I was taken aback by that time and I thought there must be a mistake. They usually send me an e-mail of my statement accounts but I haven't recieved any for the past months. I was on vacation overseas when a family member of mine got the mail. She immediately told me about it. I had to call them long distance and all I got was a rude agent and didn't even addressed my concerns. I was so frustrated and decided to stop the interest, I'd pay the balance. I waited for an email to verify my payment but nothing came. I had to call them again to tell them why I hadn't got any emails. It was a different agent this time but again, was not helpful. I've had transactions and credit cards with different other banks and this has been really the worst banking experience ever.

• Hy
    hypertension2011 Oct 16, 2014

I have had the same experiences with all of you guys, but the most rude one was when a certain attorney called me in my office and he did that about 6 times a day until that one day when he was forcing me over the phone to borrow check from my collegues to pay off my account with citibank, i got sick was sent home and had hypertension attacks. These collecting agencies and their agents are TOTALLY RUDE AND HARASSING they have put me to a lot of shame in my work and in my own personal beliefs the worst thing is that i had to resign due to shame and embarrassment. For two years I sobered and even wanted to end my life because of all these financial whoes but thanks to God who still guided me and put me back to my senses, now Im back working but still the debt I owe to citibank haunts me and the experiences I have had with their agents. Up to now I still owe them but the damage they have cause my life still hurts me more, I lost my stable job, my kids stopped schooling I had to sell the house we own cause of medical expenses I have had series of operations after wards. Shame on all of your collecting agencies who are heartless...

• Em
    employee1234 Apr 18, 2014

I also am experiencing the same problem with the Citibank Collection Agent. I am specifying that it was an outsourced company to do their collections so as not to sound too impartial to Citibank. I know the agent harassing me now is outsourced. Anyway, upon consultation, I was advised to deal directly with Citibank to get the issue settled. For as long as you are sincerely intending to settle your debt, I am confident that some reasonable arrangement that can be made. I too am ignoring the calls of the agent because he has gotten abrasive and started insulting me verbally. I am waiting for the bank to contact me as soon as the holidays are over.

• Ga
    gal31 Apr 10, 2014

ot the same problem with citibank. spoke to them 3 years ago about the debt but i was told about this program and It seem I am not entitled. So they gave me to this attorney who contacted thru email to sort out my debt. The attorney m dealing with seem dodgy. He wants me to pay 50000 pesos. Which i said i dont have the funds. and Also i get annoyed cause he told me including their salary i will be paying as well. So up to now i still owed money to citibank. Which Im Trying to sort out now. But the most shocking part is 2 days ago i heard from my aunt That my grandmas house has been siezed by them. I was shocked cause I never use anybody as a guarantor. I was trying to contact the manager but its holiday now in the philippines. can the bank repossessed which It. They closed my account but they are still charging me with Interest. i was paying them before but it seem It doesnt do anything. Need your advicE.

Sandra M. Sutherland Nov 30, 2013

I received an email from what is supposed to be Citibank International New York. The email suggests that they have funds for me to the sum of $14, 300, 000.00 USD dollars. They are asking for the following personal information:

1) Your Full Name:
    7) Account Name:
    8) Account Number:
    9) Swift Code:
    10) Routing Number:

I've asked them to stop sending me emails, but I get 2-3 per week. In all good conscience, I know that they are a fraud, but I felt the need to file a complainr so that other hard working individuals don't fall into their trap.

• Sh
    shah zaki Oct 15, 2013

Citibank
    CITIBANK INTERNATIONAL PLC
    332 OXFIRD STREET
    LONDON, W1C 1JF. UNITED KINGDOM

ATTN:SHAH ZAKI UR REHMAN

We the authoritative board and management of Citibank plc UK, hereby acknowledge the good receipt of your vital information and bank account details in fulfillment of your fund payment requirement. The United Nations Organization in conjunction with other concerned world bodies has mandated us to effect your fund transfer immediately without delay.

Now your new Payment, United nations Approval No; UN5685P, White House Approved No: WH44CV, Reference No.-[protected], Allocation No: 674632 Password No: 339331, Pin Code No: 55674 and your Certificate of Merit Payment No: 103, Released Code No: 0763; Immediate Citibank Telex confirmation No: -1114433; Secret Code No: XXTN013, Having received these vital payment number, therefore You are qualified now to received and confirm Your payment with the United Nation immediately within the next 72hours.

Right now your account information has been computed into our kit wire transfer system and your transfer has been subsequently effected today been the 14th day of OCT, 2013 en-root the Citibank of New York, U.S.A. This is part of the policy initiated by the U.N.O and other concerned bodies to eliminate and avoid every possible bureaucratic bottleneck and red-tapism that may arise to delay the timely reflection of your transferred fund into your nominated bank account.

Right now we have wired your fund via our corresponding Bank In New York, your fund wired to your bank account, as provided by you. Your fund currently valued at $8.3million has left our banking vault en-root the Citibank of New York Escrow Account, for final credit to your account.

In line with the set procedures, you are required to pay for the fund transfer processing and handling charges $1, 570 before your fund transfer mandate can be released into your bank account as computed into our data base computer kit wire transfer system.

You are hereby directed to contact the (IMF) Director (REV KENNETH BROWN ) EMAIL: [email protected] in New York for more information and confirmation on the status of your transferred fund in New York. Until you pay this mandatory handling and processing fee $1, 570, your fund will not be finally credited into your bank account.

Due to our tight occupancy and limited inventory regarding the timely remittance of fund before the mandated closing date of payment, your urgent attention in consideration of the above demonstrated fact and your timely co-operation is highly anticipated in order to conclude the final crediting of your fund into your nominated bank account on time.

Your transfer schedule is programmed to be effected and completed within 72 banking hours (three official working days), this means that your fund will definitely reflect in your bank account as programmed by Citibank of London as long as you meet up with your obligation to us within a realistic time period.

Kindly view the attachment for the transfer TELEX COPY and the REMITTANCE SLIP, which you will take to your bank for transfer confirmation of your money in your bank account. This will only be possible after 72 hours following the receipt of your handling and processing charge fee $1, 570 payment and final credit by Citibank of New York into your bank.

Based on this you are instructed to send this mandatory fee via western union money transfer system as soon as possible.

HERE IS THE WESTERN UNION INFORMATION FOR $1, 570

RECEIVER NAME :LYNDA GUMASKAS
    ADDRESS:PO BOX 943161 SIMI VALLEY, CALIF.93094 USA
    AMOUNT:$1, 570
    MTCN:...

However, the principle of deduction from the source does not really exist on this mode of payment.
    ***************************************************************

Note: You are advised not to take the relative transfer proof document to your bank yet, until your transfer processing is concluded. This is after you must have sent the handling and processing fee $1, 570, and Citibank completing your fund transfer mandate. This instruction is imperative because your fund is yet to be finally credited into your account. It will be concluded and confirmed to you after the payment of the handling/processing charges, $1, 570 is paid by you.

Due to the high rate of fraud around the global, we want to re-build our new website, therefore we are using our alternative email pending the time we will finish two days.
    ****************************************************************

We deeply appreciate your understanding and timely co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. SCOTT PETERS
    (Official appointee for the payment)
    Office Line/Direct Tel No +[protected]

AMOUNT:$1, 570
    MTCN:...

***************************************************************

****************************************************************

We deeply appreciate your understanding and timely co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. SCOTT PETERS
    (Official appointee for the payment)
    Office Line/Direct Tel No +[protected]
    </ div>

4 AttachmentsView allDownload all
    Reply, Reply

• La
    latishe & Mark33 Jun 28, 2012

This bank is full of BS. My fiance & myself started our direct deposit from our jobs with this bank before we read the many reviews from customers that went through the same situation as us. The bank closed our account after a customer of ours wrote us a bad check & now the bank is holding on to our money. They have been paid in full but is reluctant to allow us to go into our branch to retrieve our balance. The customer service is the worse. The supervisors need to be trained on rudeness. I researched the bank and to issue a complaint they will not allow you to speak to their corporate office. I am starting a class action law suit.

Margie Sdj Jun 25, 2012

My Credit card was expired more than 3 months ago, , Citibank inform us that they will deliver the new credit card.. we contacted them for many-many time... but the result is nothing... we are very disappointed ... What kind of banking system is this ??... Worst quality service !! The worst that we've ever dealing with.!!

• Tl
    Tlupes Jun 04, 2012

If you look at their material, "Thank You Rewards or any portion thereof may be revised or terminated with 30 days prior written notice."

I had a Citi Bank Air mile card. When I signed up they told me my miles would be there forever until I needed them. Citi Bank terminated over a 1, 000 air miles of mine without any kind of compensation. Of course my wife and I had to have enough air miles for a round trip before we could use them.

After they canceled our air miles, Citi Bank started another card that you can use for air trips. Citi Bank converted our card over to the new card. They say the points you earn are there until you need them unless you read the fine print.

If Citi Bank gets to many points out there, they can just give 30 day notice and wipe out your bonus points at no cost to Citi Bank.

• Vi
    virendrakgarg May 13, 2012

I have been informed by my bankers CITI BANK on 13-05-2012 that 14usd have been charged by SHOPPER DISCOUNTS today fro m my CITY BANK credit card4564XXXXXXXX7001. Please let me know through my Email [email protected] for what purpose the same has been charged when i have not purchased from or through you. YOURS FAITHFULLY- VIRENDRA KUMAR GARG, B004 KRISHNA APRA RESIDENCY, PLOT-E/8, SECTOR-61, NOIDA-201307 (UTTAR PRADESH) INDIA.MOBILE-[protected].bd2bf

• Mi
    mimi2012 Apr 18, 2012

i have a problem in citibank due to my credit card as a supplementary. I contact for clarification because they inform us to my son he is a card holder. They told me i have a balance padaw.. How can have balance for this kasi bomabayad naman ako ng advanced payment kahit malayo pa ang due date ko? Also i notice citi bank did not send us STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT mula ng meron akong card? bakit hindi sila nagpapadala ng noticed noon para malaman ko at bakit ngayon lang? As you know i got an item worth Php 5, 292 only payable for 6 months. i think already paid na po ako maliban lamang sa annual fee. Para sa akin babayaran ko lang ang annual fee namin at hindi na ang balance ko. So para mapatunayan n'yo po .. i attached my scanned documents of receipt including the store that i had buy an item. I Hope ma setup na po lahat ang problima ko. Thanks and more power>

• Je
    Jeff Dec 21, 2011

Dear Citibank,

I write in regards to the Citibank AAdvantage Debit Card Rewards Program. As a loyal American Airlines customer, the program had such strong appeal that I switched my primary bank to Citibank in September 2011. The significant effort, headache, and cost of changing banks was rendered useless by the abrupt termination of the program in December, 2011. Why was this program advertised and available only three months before its termination?

All of my recent interactions with Citibank have been instigated through my relationship with the American Airlines AAdvantage program, and unfortunately, each experience has been negative. My application for the Citibank AAdvantage Visa Signature required a half-dozen phone calls and an appeal to the Office of the President of Citi Cards before a clerical error on their part was corrected. My application for a checking account at Citibank stalled while I waited to activate checks I never received.

The abrupt termination of the Citibank AAdvantage Debit Card Rewards Program leaves me frustrated and without motive to remain a Citibank customer. At the beginning of the new year, I will close all of my banking and credit accounts with Citibank and return to my previous bank, Wells Fargo, with whom I banked for more than ten years with excellent satisfaction.

MARY STOCKMAN Dec 14, 2011

CITI BANK ALLOWED AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE ON MY DEBIT CARD. THEY SAID IF THE CREDITOR HAD MY DEBIT CARD INFORMATION, EVEN FOR A PRIOR PURCHASE, THEY COULD SUBMIT A PURCHASE FOR ANY AMOUNT AND CITIBANK WOULD ALLOW IT. I CLOSED MY ACCOUNT, AND HOPE NO ONE MAKES THE MISTAKE OF OPENING OR KEEPING AN ACCOUNT WITH CITIBANK ANYWHERE. WHEN IF FINALLY WENT TO THE BRANCH, THEY ALSO INSINUTATED IT WAS MY FAULT THAT THEIR SERVICE WAS NOT GOOD BECAUSE ROUTINE COMPLAINTS ARE ANSWERED BY PEOPLE IN INDIA WHO DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOIING. CITIBANK IS THE WORST!!!
    I HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH SUNTRUST IN FLORIDA, AND THEY STOP UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES ON YOUR ACCOUNT...NOT LIKE THE TERRIBLE SERVICE I RECEIVED FROM CITIBANK!!! THEY SHOULD BE CLOSED AND NOT ALLOWED TO SOLICIT BUSINESS!!! THEY ARE THE WORST BANK WHERE I HAVE BANKED AND MY ACCOUNT IS CLOSED...JUST LIKE CITIBANK SHOULD BE CLOSED!!!

joe baker Nov 02, 2011

CITIBANK ATM AT E 13 EAST OF KAILASH, LALA LAJPAT RAI MARG . new delhi is being guarded by a psychopath
    BELONGING TO TH COMPANY NAMED: BOPARAIS MARTIAL SECURITY . this guard is an eve-teaser, laughs and passes derogatory remarks, stares at women and argues unneceesarily, fights outside are frequent, threatens even th customers, loitters around with other hooligans, rarely sits in the atm box, most residents are fed up by th atmosphere.
    kindly do th needful and change this maniac with a new guard.

• 03
    0323 Sep 18, 2011

I am under citibank amnesty program. According to their computation I have to pay P2, 020.00 every 17th of the month. Unlucky I skipped to pay the amount on the said date but I paid the amount on the same month. Late is 23rd of the month. Last Friday agent called me telling that I have already additional penalty of P1, 300. P2, 020+1300. But before that tumawag ako sa citibank informing them na medyo ma late ako ng bayad pero this month ko rin naman mababayaran. 4yrs ang amnesty program. P68, 000 ang maximum na puwede kong magamit dati. bago pa lang mag program ang dami na nilang penalty na binigay sa akin. Imagine need kong magbayad every month ng P2, 020 for 4 years. Aabot siya ng P96, 960 tapos gusto nyo pang dagdagan pa ng penalty. Tubong lugaw naman kayo. Hindi kayo nakukuha sa pakiusap. Kaya maraming tumatakbong consumer sa inyo dahil sa mga ugali nyo. Hindi makatao. Samantalang yung nakikiusap at nagpipilit magbayad yun pa ang ginigipit nyo

• Ne
    Nestor Mejila Jul 26, 2011

Citibank or its collection agent has replaced my Mastercard with 2011 expiry into even if it is not expired in 2010 . Last year I made payment to a bank for my Mastecard but the teller inform me that my card number is not valid as it is already Visa, I stated to the teller that I have no Citibank Visa card. I tried to use Citibank Mastercard to pay for my purchases in groceries but it will not be accepted. I made payment within this year with the use of new account numbers and different number with my existing card as stated in the billing and it is accepted. The collection (male 1) [protected] keep on demanding to pay my balance, I complain to them and ask where is the Visa card and just tell that it was already invalid due to my overdue payment. They cannot issue another card and they just want me to pay the balance. I call the collection agent to inform the customer service and he said I should call customer service. I call 9955485 it was (female 2) responded and asking my Mastercard number so I said wait I will get my card as I checked again my phone she 's not on-line. I call again 9955485 (male 3 ) and again asking my old Mastercard number so I dectated the numerals then off-line.With this scenario on phone calls we cannot conclude that they are ligitimate Citibank employees because the Citibank also is texting to me to pay balance but of another phone number ?

• He
    Heather Jul 21, 2011

I recently discovered I was paying approximately $30 a month on my CITI Diamond Preferred Credit Card for a Credit Protector service. I found out that I have been paying for this service since November 2009. The monthly interest on the balance I am currently carrying is about $30-$35 a month. I pay this card with an automatically monthly payment from my checking account, about $70 a month.

Because I am paying off other cards with higher interest rates first, I just pay this card automatically and rarely log in to monitor the balance. To my dismay, I found that I had not made ANY progress paying down this card in the last 15 months due to the interest & credit protector fee effectively cancelling out my payments!

I recently contacted CITI about this credit protector service to find when and HOW I got enrolled, as I NEVER authorized this service.

They responded about 50 days later with a short reply that said they checked the tape and based on the conversation, that I HAD enrolled, and they will not refund the 15 months worth of charges.

Well this is obviously blatantly false, as I know that CITI routinely calls to sell me services I don't need, and I ALWAYS politely decline. In this one instance back in November, 2009, however, the CITI employee took it upon themselves to enroll me COMPLETELY CONTRARY TO ME SAYING NO THANK YOU.

Not only is this completely unethical, they are denying me access to the tape! How convenient! This Citicard company is judge, jury, and executioner all wrapped up into one!

My advice is to STEER CLEAR OF CITIGROUP CITI CREDIT CARDS and take your business elsewhere. If you are a current cardholder, check your statements and call/email them to immediately remove you if they have slammed you with this useless credit protector scam! Ask for a refund, but good luck getting your money back!

• Ha
    hazelramos Jul 11, 2011

i also have a problem with Citibank. I called their customer service to ask for an installment program and gave the number 9955001 and 995091. I express my intention in paying them the principal in terms that would be easy for me, that was january this year. Unfortunately, until now, i haven't got a feedback from my application and different agents are calling me everyday.I decided not to pay them my last month's due, but before that, my account was not past due, they never sent me the renewal of my card since november last year. On my view, since i don't have the renewed card, i am not a member anymore and should not be paying them 3.5% interest. that was the reason why i applied for their installment program. but to my dismay, one of their agents told me that this is in limited slots only and as per bank approval . was there any violation of rights here? they keep on calling me and asking me to pay the 3.5% well in fact that i am not holding a physical evidence that i am still a cardholder. Agents were calling, some would say that they will re-issue my card, some would say that i just need to pay the monthly due and they would process the account and some will call 8 in the morning to follow up payments. i am so pissed off. i believe they are decieving me and just today, i received call that there will be a field visitation this wednesday if will not pay them today, that is for the last month's due and only 1 month. Gosh.. please help me. what should i do?

• Pa
    paras ram jala Jul 03, 2011

Dear Sir,
    Regards,
    I have received following email :-
    On Mon, 6/27/11, MR TONY WILLIAMS <[email protected]> wrote:

From: MR TONY WILLIAMS <[email protected]>
    Subject: ATTENTION
    To:
    Date: Monday, June 27, 2011, 1:55 PM

Attention:

Sir/Madam,

Sorry to bother you, I know we haven't spoken or corresponded with each
    other before but I'm currently looking for someone trustworthy to work
    with me on a little project.
    My name is tony Williams; I'm originally from South Africa but now living
    here in London. I moved here to work with the Citi Bank in London as
    a Senior Account Manager in the audit department. I have put in sixteen
    years banking service with the bank.

The reason for my email is that myself and a colleague recently discovered
    a fix deposit account which was opened with a large sum of money in 2005,
    since then
    there has been no activity on the account and all the contact details we
    have for the customer appear to be out of date. With the interest which
    has built up over the last few years, the balance of the account is now
    Forty Five Million Nine Hundred Thousand Pounds Sterling’s [£45.9m.]
    On discovery of this fix deposit information, we removed all the details
    and the customers file from the administrative department of the bank and
    the details were also detected from the central computer system file of
    the bank.
    It is safe to submit fresh application on your name as the next of kin and
    a beneficiary of the fund to the bank if our request for partnership on
    the claim of the fund is acceptable by you.

we are currently solicitating a foreigner that would be presented to the
    bank as the next of kin to the deaceased client.using a third party who
    will take the place of the deceased next of kin and that's where you come
    in, of course if you are interested.
    We'll do all the release approval paper work on your behalf at the bank
    and be assured that the process is 100% risk free for the three of us. We
    have access to the death certificate and we’ would be able to procure any
    other Legal documents through the assistance of an attorney that we would
    engage on your name for this process and other related forms and documents
    that will be required.
    It is pertinent to let you know clearly that your co-operation acting as
    the beneficiary in this business is highly required while i as an insider
    in the bank will be passing to you the information needed. I will send to
    you a text Application letter for claim of inheritance fund.

Be informed that as soon as the said fund is processed and approved for
    release, my bank will wired the fund into your designated bank account via
    her overseas corresponding bank within 48-72 hours. After you confirmed
    the fund in your account; then i will come over to your country for my
    share possibly invests with some part of my share which you will advise me
    later.

Please Endeavour to keep this business out of open discussion because it
    is strictly confidential between me and you only. If there is anything
    that is not clear to you do ask me so that I will clarify you rather than
    discussing it with someone that is not involved for our security reason.

Include your full name and address, your private phone number, your
    profession and your Age. As soon as i receive this information from you I
    will send to you the text application letter to enable us start the
    processing of the fund immediately.
    Looking forward hearing from you,

Again, sorry for intruding in your email, if you are interested then get
    back to us.
    Dr, tony Williams.
    Tony [email protected]

Respected Sir,
    Myself is Paras Ram Jala from India. In this very context, I would like to make it crystal clear that Mr. MR Toni Smith, Late husband of Mrs. Rosemary Smith (recently died) has deposited a sum of $6.5 million (SIX POINT FIVE MILLION DOLLARS) with your bank, who died in the year 2005 and her wife i.e. Mrs. Rosemary Smith was the sole beneficiary of the aforesaid fund. It is pertinent to mention here that Mrs. Rosemary Smith has issued a letter of authority in my favour while appointing me her as a sole beneficiary and to perform her last wishes of using this fund for the poor people suffering from different kind of disease so also use this money to fund churches, orphanages and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is maintained. Therefore, with the inspiration of God her kind heart chosen me for this kind act so that the great souls of her and her husband may be blessed with the heavenly pleasures by helping the poor fellows. It is further make clear that since my friend Mrs. Rosemary Smith was suffering from cancer of lungs and was hospitalised in Royal Hospital in Grece Athens, had wrote me some letters of authorisation but since I have not receiving any reply of my emails for the last many days, I am sure that my friend has passed away. Recently, I had received the above email from one MR TONY WILLIAMS saying himself to be a Senior Account Manager in Audit Department at Citi Bank, London. On receiving this e-mail, firstly I suspected but since MR TONY WILLIAMS introduced himself as a Bank Officer, I under the bonafide impression sent the required informations like full name, address, age and profession etc. But since then I have received no positive response, then it struck in mind that the said mail may be forged one and may be sent to me for collecting the information forgedly. Therefore, I am writting to your goodself to help me for the sake of God that no wrong person be produced in my place to receive the claim by anybody else with the connievance of such Bank Officer who are not only corrupt but a blot on the entire humanity that merely for their selfishness, they are even dare to do illegal act which in no way can be said to be justified in the interest of justice and in the interest of public at large. I therefore, vehemently praying your goodself to please investigate the entire matter at your level personally and ensure that no wrong or unauthorised person can able to receive the claim. I further reiterate that I am the sole claimant of the entire amount. I have all the valid and documentary proof including emails sent to me by Rosemary Smith before her death and I am always ready to produce the same as and when required by Bank authorities. Please advise me that what step I have to take right now because I am from India and want to act in accordance with the last wishes of Mrs. Rosemary Smith and her the great soul of her husband MR Toni Smith. Thanking you Sir,
    With Regards,
    Paras Ram Jala,
    Jodhpur (Rajasthan)(India)

• Ba
    babaeng_radikal Jun 30, 2011

I am also a Citibak Card holder that was cancelled 1999 pa. I was able to talked to a collection agency and make an agreement. for 26k including charges I was able to pay 1200 per payday for 6 months yuun yung na haggle ko and i was able to paid it off for yr 2000 april. 2005 I need to make a loan...siyempre nasa NDP and CMAP di ka makakaloan sa ibang financila instituions so what I did was called citibank and after 3 months they were able to released my Certification/Clearance which until now tinatago ko for reference. What i did before was, paid my card under my credi card number and fax to the collection agency yung receipt ng payment ko, kasi pag sa collection agency kayo nagbayad e malaki ang probaility na hindi nila ma endorse yan. this is in fairness naman sa citibank...pero matindi talaga sila maningil...bintangero hahahaha

jay99999 Jun 12, 2011

I also have similar issues with citibank. There bill was delay and I'm not able to pay on time, but its just fine when I called their customer service they agreed to reverse the charges. Here's comes the problem, the delay keep on happen until I have to call them and make follow up. Suddenly they just send me the bill of several months together, it was let me shock that they combined the amount to latest bill even the installment was computed. I have to call them again for the adjustment, they agreed to do so but until now still didn't received. They just keep on sending the bill with the necessary charges, and inform that was turn to collection department.
    I don't understand why don't they control their quality of service? Imagine they are worldwide company, and you can compare to others. I have also other credit card with BPI, they don't have any issue from start up to now.

• Fr
    Frank Eliason Jun 10, 2011

Anjy, I realize this is a dated issue from a few months ago, but I am just seeing this for the first time. I apologize for your experience, and I can assure you we do care about our customers. What is the current status of your issue, and how can I help? My email address is below.

Frank Eliason, Citi
    Customer Service & Advocacy

• Fr
    Frank Eliason Jun 10, 2011

cgikmm, I'm sorry to read about your experience and learn that we've lost a long-standing customer with multiple accounts. I'd like to take a detailed look at what happened here and see what, if anything, can be done. My email address is below, please send me a note, and copy in your post.

Frank Eliason, Citi
    Customer Service & Advocacy

• Cg
    cgikmm Jun 07, 2011

I have several credit cards with citi. In december of 2009 I decided to close one of the credit cards because i did not want to pay the annual fee. After i closed my account, citi went to my thank you rewards account which is comprised of all my credit cards plus my citigold relationship, and took 30, 040 points out. When I inquired about it, I was told they changed their terms and they can now do this. I let the rep know that I was never notified of the changes. She told me she would check and get back to me in 2 days, she also provided me a direct number (I thought). After not hearing from her, i called the number only to find it was someone elses voicemail at citi, left numerous messages no response. I then sent emails to citi and was given numerous canned answers that had nothing to do with my inquiry, finally got one that said, i was notified via statement in feb or mar of 2009. I ordered copies of all my 2009 staements, as i had signed uo for papaerless statements. There was no notification. Despite stating this to citi on numerous occasions, I get back one of two response now. 1) i was notified, yet they have yet to provide me with any evidence of this. or 2) your points can not be returned because you closed the account. Becuase of their CONTINUED HORRID service, I have been closing my other credit cards, and taken most of my banking business away from them after 20 years. They are the most discombobualted company I ever saw. The government should have let them FAIL

• Pa
    parker.ruiz May 22, 2011

same thing happened to me.. I had a Citibank Visa Card and after few days of receiving the card, someone from the agency talked to me asked for some informations which regards to my family members. Never knowing that they would be issuing me 6 supplementary cards which I never activated so I assume that there would be no charges that would incur from that. I used the card and have a good credit standing. But unfortunately, after a year, all the annual fee for my principal and supplementary cards were charged to me and demanding me a minimum payment due of 5, 600php which I cannot pay in full. I coordinated this matter with the customer service and asking for reversal of charges. What they told me is that I have to settle first the payment before they can made any modifications on my account. I told them honestly that I cannot pay that amount unless the excess charges will be waived. As of now I am receiving calls from the collections and law agency demanding me to pay the balances. I just ignored them because I already talked to the Citibank representative.

• Pr
    princess198491 May 09, 2011

AN ACT PROHIBITING CREDIT CARD DEBT-COLLECTION HARASSMENT

According to Article 3 Section 20 of the 1987 Constitution:
    “No person shall be imprisoned for debt or non-payment of a poll tax.”
    Numerous complaints have been made about how credit card companies, through their
    counsels or collection agencies, use unfair collection practices that range from harassment to
    borderline illegal. Although we do recognize their right to the amount that is due them, in the
    enforcement of this right they must observe good faith and reasonable conduct. This is in
    keeping with Article 19 of the Civil Code of the Philippines, which states that:
    “Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties,
    act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith.”
    This bill addresses the concerns of numerous credit card holders. It also is a kindred
    spirit to Section 7 of BSP Circular No. 454, series of 2004. Both enumerate the ways by which
    credit card debtors are harassed and humiliated in the collection process. But this bill goes
    further by penalizing the prohibited acts through fines and revocation of licenses.

AN ACT PROHIBITING CREDIT CARD DEBT-COLLECTION HARASSMENT
    Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in Congress
    assern bled:
    SECTION 1. Prohibited Unfair Collection Practices. - Collection agencies and
    collection attorneys, working as third-party or principal collectors, are prohibited from engaging
    in the following conducts:
    A) Communicating with the employer, relative or friends about the debtor, unless a court has
    given the collector the permission to do so;
    B) Contacting the debtor at work or at unreasonablehnconvenient times or hours which shall
    be defined as contact before 6:OO A.M. or after 1O:OO P.M;
    C) Falsely representing the character, amount, or legal status of the debt;
    D) Threatening to take actions that are illegal or not intended;
    E) Using obscenities, insults, or profane language;
    F) Using or threatening to use violence or other criminal means to harm the physical person,
    reputation, or property of any person;
    G) Repeatedly calling or visiting the debtor.
    SECTION 2. Penalty. - Upon conviction of a viola..m of this Act, a fine of One
    Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 100, 000.00) per occurrence shall be imposed. A subsequent
    violation shall be penalized with a fine of Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PW 500, 000.00) and
    revocation of the business or professional license of the collector.
    3 modified accordingly.
    SECTION 3. Repealing Clause. - All laws, decrees, orders, rules and regulations or
    parts thereof inconsistent with the provisions of this Act are hereby repealed, amended or
    SECTION 4. Effectivity Clause. - This Act shall take effect after fifteen (15) days
    following its publication in the Official Gazette or in two (2) newspapers of general circulation.
    Approved,

• Pe
    Pete Tambakis May 03, 2011

92 year old widow with no funds falling behind on payments. she has a 1200 dollar monthly social security. unable to pay all her bills and being penalized by her bank for over 1000 dollars a year. needs reduction of mortgage so she can remain in her home. thank you.

• Ha
    Harit Mehta Apr 12, 2011

Respected Sir,

Myself Harit N Mehta holding an Account in State Bank of India, Narannagar, Ahmedabad.

A/c No. [protected].

While Filling the New Account Opening Form I have Applied for "No Cheque Book" Account.

But Due to the Mistake of The SBI Staff They Issues me a Account with Cheque Book.

So, As There wasnt Any Need of Cheque Book To me, I Requested them to Discontinue the Cheque and for that No charge was Suppose to be Levied.

But they Deducted an Amount of Rs.50.

Anjy Mar 21, 2011

The complaint is a credit card charge dispute.

I have mailed two letters via certified mail with return receipt requests to Citibank's Billing Error Department in West Des Moines, IA. The letters have been sent over the past 90 days.

Prior to mailing letters I had talked with numerous Citibank representatives by phone and finally was given a name and address to mail my dispute letter to.

Citibank has totally ignored my letters by not replying to them.

According to the Fair Credit Billing Act, Citibank is in violation of the law by not responding to my letters.

Citibank has no regard for its customers and its "Customer Service" is virtually nonexistent!

• Lu
    Luiska Mar 02, 2011

Due to pay off the amount owed, I closed the account. I received a call from the collection department with an offer that if I paid a higher monthly amount with automatic withdrawal, they would drop the interest rate to 7.5%. In the next months I did contact the bank to advise them that I had closed the bank account and that I like to provide an alternate bank account which they had failed to note in the system.

Consequently the withdrawal turned out to be "account closed". The deal was off and, in the meantime, they raised the monthly interest rate to 31% and nor matter what I do, the monthly payment is only $25.00 toward the payoff and $575.00 toward the interests.