Citibankcitibank account specialist rapid response team

T Nov 02, 2018

I have been a customer of Citi Bank for over 20 years and on Monday Oct 29th I filled out an E document on line with Victoria Franco who is supposed to be a Brokerage Account Specialist on the Rapid Response Team for Citi Wealth Management and she told me everything would be processed with 3-5 business days and since I was overseas I told her my mode of communication would be my email address and if she needed further additional information to email her and I would call her a predetermined time. After I filled out everything I tried to follow up with emails and left voice messages on her machine but never received a reply. I then proceeded to try to contact a coworker or supervisor to no avail and finally after calling someone in the brokerage department they told me they would contact her directly since they all work for the same company. Day 4 I get an email from a coworker who said Victoria was out of the office and no one had access to her case files which really annoyed me because of the amount of phone calls I had to make to get any response out of this department. The coworker then said they needed additional information from me which I supplied to her and instructed her that if this was expedited and closed out by Friday which would be day 5 I would close all of my accounts out with Citi Bank and find another more people friendly bank who can suit my needs. I am a Gold member for whatever that is worth and apparently it is only a label they give you because the customer service department at the Account Specialist team is a complete joke. To say I am really annoyed is an understatement and if I wasn't overseas my account would be closed by now. How can the people who work in this group not share their information with the other specialist especially when she knew she would be out of the office and leave me hanging waiting for her return. For me this is a ruse and I don't believe she was out of the office.