Citibank company logo
reviews & complaints
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

738 complaints
159 resolved 579 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Citibank reviews & complaints 1401 - 738

Citibank complaints 738

Jan 08, 2008

Citibank - misbehaviour on demand of statement

This is to inform you that I am facing problems with your collection cell.I have been continuously requesting the concerned persons to send me the detailed statement for my card as i have been paying with due respect but the outstanding amount never stands to nil. So after paying continuously for 3 years i asked for detailed statements but no such requirements were fulfilled inspite there were calls for collection & the staff misbehaved when asked for Details of payments made.
I request you to kindly look into the matter & solve the problem as soon as possible.

Jan 07, 2008

Citibank - hidden charges

To
Respected sir,
I m credit card holder of citi bank and I have strong complaint against there attitude n unnecessary charges against customers

Sir
I am using citibank card from last 1 year.in oct 2007 I didnt got statement from citibank, I reported this matter to customer care, they promised 2 send a duplicate copy to me, I paid the amount itz of rs 7097, didnt got statement till date, n nov 2007 didnt got statement again I report this matter (I was 117 mins) waiting time for me, then also I told the same.. I paid the amount rs.11158 sir I am into bussiness I have to travel all over india, I kept some signs cheque with my wife to make payments, earlier in may I paid amount twice the amount is off rs7717, in confusion I paid the amount and mine wife also did, just to over come this type of sitution I decided my wife will pay in future, n dec2007 the story is same no statement, I called my wife and said u pay rs 4000 in favour of citibank, after which I called in customer care they told me amount was some thing near 3850, n jan2008 I got call from indore, in very abusive language guy was shouting on me, with lot of evil words, asked me for a payment of 37240, was shocked my limit was 36000 only how come over limit, he only told me itz 54000, really surprize, guy told me we will wait till amount is rs 51000, then we will show u who we r? Sir really worried
Plz have a look
Manu

They reduced my wife's credit line so that when she paid her Average of $60 per month her credit line would have been over the limit becuase not only did they reduce her credit line they increased her finance charge by 37% so now instead of 10% she had 47% interest rate!!! THAT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW!!! If she had not noticed the change they could have also increased her interest rate by another 17% because now she would have been over the limit!

I called them up, because I am an authorized user to pay on the account! and believe me kept telling each person on the line, NOPE I want to speak with your LEGAL Department, I am sueing your company! after about the 9th person who claimed to be a supervisor. I got the legal department and inform them that if they did not reverse the % rate and increase my wife line of credit back to it's orgainal amount I was going to file a claim against them for increasing % and decreasing amount without customer notification, per thier agreement which we still had on file and I read it to the person from the legal department. They agreed it was out of their plan agreement with my wife. I also informed them they were beging recorded. They corrected the % and credit limit.

It's sad after over 10 years with them they would do something so shady with thier customers. I informed them that we were paying off my wife's account and closing it.

It's no wonder they need help. What goes around comes around.

Nov 28, 2008

Citi bank Card people are the B*******

Mar 04, 2008

I use online bill pay for my citicard, but for the same reasons; late statements, but most importantly, I do not trust ANY processing center to properly post my payment. Mistakes happen often because it is done by machines.

If you are able to pay online, I highly recommend it.

Jan 24, 2008

I have also had bitter experience of worst collection procedure of CITI BAND Cards services. I had given a cheque of Rs.2000 in payment of dues against my Credit Card.

The Cheque was payable at Mumbai Service Branch of State Bank of Indore. I got shocked when I saw that the said cheque was shown as dishonoured in my credit card's statement. I enquired on phone and also sent e-mail to know the reason of return / dishonour of the cheque. This was a surprising instance because ACTUALLY THE CHEQUE WAS NOT PRESENTED FOR PAYMENT TO THE PAYING BRANCH. After 10-15 days their Head of Customer Care replied that reason of dishonour was - "NOT DRAWN ON US". I requested them to present the cheque again and instructed them to be careful to present the cheque to the correct bank. They have not done so and the cheque was again shown as dishonoured in my next statement. I asked them about the banker who had returned the cheque. Again after a gap of 10-15 days, they sent me ( by e-mail) the copy (image) of Cheque Returning Memo.

After viewing that "Return Memo" I did not get angry but Laughed at CITI BANK's Foolish collection unit. The Return Memo was sent by State Bank Of Mysore..!!

The CHEQUE PAYABLE AT STATE BANK OF INDORE WAS FOOLISHLY & CARELESSLY SENT (TWICE) TO STATE BANK OF MYSORE.

I would quote one more bitter experience in my next message.

Jan 20, 2008

I have faced the exact same situation... no statements sent and then calls from their collections department at 7 in the morning and 10 at night. I finally got fed up and wrote to their Customer Service ombudsman. Got incorrect late payment and interest charges (over rs. 1800/-) reversed and finally got my card cancelled after receiving email confirmation from Citibank that all dues had been cleared.

The collections dept. is the worst I have ever dealt with. When I told them that I hadn't been receiving the statements I was told, "Sir it's your duty to ask for the statement if you haven't received it."

Pathetic.

R
Jan 04, 2008

Citibank - citibank

I have a complaint with Citibank Philippines Credit Card Company... First, Girl A has been a cardholder of Citibank for more than 8 years now and due to unexpected circumstances, she flew to London...

Dec 21, 2007

Citibank - worst experience ever!

Just to give you a taste of the level of discomfort i had during my stay, here are some of the issues:

- Language problem.
- Loud noise from the disc below.
- Uncomfortable round bed..
- Pillow covers not clean.
- Showers not working properly - No hot water - everytime i had to call reception.
- No proper english or Hindi channels... All channels were south indian.
- Its says 24 hour restaurant service but its not true... closes at 11:30pm

Dec 26, 2007

Just to clarify,the above complaint is about the THE CHECKERS HOTEL in CHENNAI, INDIA.

Dec 05, 2007

Citibank - please be warned!

To Whom It May Concern:

Below is how Citi Bank (via their Citi Card) took advantage of my family.

In March of 2003 I joined the military. The following November, my wife and I welcomed the arrival of our second child (a daughter). However, within days of her birth we discovered she had a very rare condition which required constant medical attention and equipment. My wife had to quit her job in order to receive the necessary training to take care of her if/when she was able to come home. During this time we used a Citi Card to assist with our normal living expenses and to help with the added expenses associated with our new reality. At the time I was stationed in Monterey, CA but our daughter was in Neo Natal Intensive Care in San Francisco (2 hrs away). Therefore, my wife maintained a residence in downtown San Fran while I maintained a residence at my duty station (no choice). I would travel quite often to and from San Fran to ensure my wife could get away and clear her head from the stresses associated with our situation. In May 2004 our daughter passed away. During the 6 months of her life, we accumulated $9,100 of Citi Card debt. In Dec 2004 we requested Citi Card close our account and stop interest accrual so we could financially recover and get our lives back. NOTE: We also had two other credit cards with separate companies that we used during this time. On my meager $16,000 a year military income, we couldn't dig ourselves out of this debt without some sort of relief.

Our other credit card companies gladly obliged and we were able to pay them back within two years. However, Citi Card refused to consider anything. We enrolled with a credit counseling company which specialized in negotiating deals. Citi Card ignored them while continuing to jack-up our interest rates (29%). By Jan 2007 we were nearing a $17,000 debt. After selling a home in May 2007, we offered Citi Card $9,000 cash and requested an option to make payments on remainder. DENIED! September 2007, offered $4,000 cash and requested an option to make payments. DENIED! Finally, in October 2007 when our debt balance was $20,000, they accepted $4,000 cash and agreed to monthly payments of $350 (at 5% interest).

PLEASE BE WARNED!!! Citi Bank/Card has no room for relief when life throws you an unfortunate/desperate situation. Please note, my wife and I took our financial obligation to Citi Card seriously and had/have every intention of fulfilling our obligation. However, we do not feel Citi Card dealt fairly. Additionally, continuing to charge nearly 30% interest without accepting any offer from us to settle this debt is quite unconscionable. Well done, Citi Card! You sure took me there.

J
Nov 19, 2007

Citibank - poor customer service

I applied for a citibank credit card. I made my first transaction with the same. The statement for the same was not received by me. The bank leveid charges for late payment. I did make my payment based on the transaction I had made. Citibank now is charging interest for late payment.

When I had contacted Ms.Surekha R of the customer care at citibank,I was not given a favourable response.

Customer care is a farce. It should be re-worded as Company care.

All Citibank customers beware!

For Citibank in USA, California, Alhambra branch: customer service sucks

The customer service rep or supervisor, Winnie Tang, she is very unhelpful, mean, rough and rude. She has a [censor]y and a real realistic personality. I have to go to other branch for help as whatever she helped me was nothing. After other customer service representative from other branch helped me, I realized that she purposely delay or ignore my request for no reason. Whatever she is doing to Citibank customers, it's actually ruining the image of the company, Citibank.

This is not first time i submited my complaint. I saw at my statement and what is ALLZ-SAVE A/C NO. [protected]?, I also have cantact Alliaz Ins. but thier not replace. so i do not PAY RM 224.00...

for Citibank Singapore,

i was called up several time to the citibank singapore hotline to make a cancellation on one of my credit card. 1st teller told me to wait for 3 to 5 working days for the cancellation department's staff to get back to me, and 2nd teller asked me to wait for 48hrs and promised me that i will received call soonest. Now, after 2 weeks plus later, i still await someone from citibank to reply me.

Appy a new card able been done within a week but why take so long for terminal a credit card. my hp no. [protected], thanks.

Jul 29, 2008

i have a fresh card of citybank .card number is [protected].and first time i purchase of ruppes 259261.and after then i have paid 250000 ruppes by dd and one cheque of ruppe 13000.before 7 days of payment due date.after then again n again i given him comformation for this but they said me we have not found any cheque of ruppes 13000.and cheque number is 369410..after then they charged on me full interset on full amount .so i can"t understand that why can they charged on me because it"s not my responsbility of cheque...and how can they charged interested on full payment because i have paid already 250000 by dd before due date ... n i call on custumer care but they never give me full answer n one time they tell me it will be refund u but it"s not happen so kindly i request u solve this matter ...phone number is [protected] ...thanks

Jun 10, 2008

IALWAYS PAY MY SEARS CITICARD ONLINE. I AM NEVER LATE.. I DO HAVE A LOT OF CHARGES ON IT BUT ALWAYS PAY IN A TIELY MANNER. IN FACT MY INTEREST RATE IS ABOUT 14.9 % WHICHIS OK .. LAST WEEK I LOOKED ON LINE AND MY AVAILABLE CREDIT WAS (ZERO). I CALLED TO SEE IF THEIR WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE ONLINE SITE.. NO.. I WAS TOLD MY ACCOUNT WAS CLOED BY THEM.. OUT OT THE BLUE, IT HAD BEEN CLOED FOR A MONTH.. THEY DID EVEN NOTIFY ME. I GOT A LETTER YESTERDAY TELLING ME THAT MY CREDIT SCORE WAS TOO LOW ..IT IS 720.. THEY HAD SO MANY REASONS TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT, , NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE ANDTHE PEOPLE ON THE PHONE ARE JUST A BUNCH OF IDIOTS. I BELIEVE THEIRFINANCIAL MESS IS CAUSING THEM TO TAKE IT OUT ON THE CONSUMER. AFTERALL WHY SHOULD THEY HAVE TO PAY THEIR BILLS WHEN THEY CAN BE BAILED OUT BY SOMEONE ELSE. I HOPE ALL THE BANKS GO DOWN IN FLAMES.. NOW SINCE THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT WHRE'S MY INCENTIVE TO PAY THEM AT ALL. I DID NOTHING WRONG IN THE FIRST PLACE TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS . ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO THEM????

Citibank - mediclaim policy

Dear All,

This regarding the medicalim policy sold to me(Advocate Mr.Raj Kumar Singh Raghav) & my wife Mrs Uma Raghav after telephonically consent on the basis of my clean repayment record of Citibank Credit Card.I have never received the policy bonds which were sold to me for which the premium has been paid by me in time.Now i am getting calls for renewal premium for current year.

My concern is that, why should i pay the premium when i have not given my consent to again continue my policy for current year?
Secondly i have not received the Policy bond.I totally don't know the term & conditions of the policy.Now i am getting calls & your employees are saying that we'll blacklist you for getting any loan from any finance institute.Now let me clear you all that i don't want any kind of loans so stop giving such lure to me for loan.I am an advocate & i am gonna sue agains your company in consumer court if i do not received the policy bond & permium receipts which i have paid.

With immediate effect stop making me calls & send me a confirmation letter for discontinuence of policy which i have not applied for.I want a written appology letter from your company for the mental stress i had undergone due to your irrelavant calls.

Please clarify me on written how can your company issu a medic claim policy to a credit card holder of citibank without taking his/her signatures.I want all these clarifications in written otherwise i will have to take help of media also.

Regards

Advocate raj Kumar Singh raghav
M#[protected]

Nov 16, 2007

Citibank - missing money from account

This is to bring to your notice a serious issue that iam facing with my salary account. This is a DELL corporate account ([protected]) and is in the name of Amita Vijaykumar. Over the past couple of...

B
Nov 02, 2007

Citibank - citibank does not send statements and levies huge fee!

I made a purchase of only Rs.3000/- on my citibank credit card but the bank did not send me any statement. Upon calling them I was told that the statement had been dispatched. They said that they will send another one and so this time I got it.
To my dismay, I noticed that they levied a penalty of "late payment " in addition to interest payable by me. So, my purchase of 3000/- cosed me around 3800/-.

Banks are making huge amount of money through this route while the poor Indian customer is being fleeced. I hope they are penalized severely for the malpractice.

A

Citibank - faulty mediclaim policy sold by citibank

Dear Sir,

Mediclaim Policy brought thru my Citibank Credit Card no. [protected]

I live in Mumbai, India and was using a Citbank credit card 2 years back. In Jan 2006 I bought a mediclaim policy which I did not get tuill April end. nly when I called them in April about the status that the policy was delivered at my house and that too was wrong. On conveying the same to them they took their own sweet time in responding.

Then they send me a revised policy with correct details. But again the opolicy is such thgat one has to contact Chennai which is another state for recovery. So I ask them to cancel my policy in June (within 45 days of policy being sent to me)

They reversed only 25% of the fee and kept sending me bills for teh 75% amount as I had cancelled afer 6 months , if they calculate from 1st jan 2006.

I argued and wrote to them stating that in teh first place the rules of cancellation were not made clear to me at te htime of purchase and also that had the policy come to me in Jan, then the same would be done in jan. But since I got the policy only in April end, how can they expect me to cancel the policy within 45 days of issue!!! It is highly unjustful. i also wrote to their central office at Chennai as they don't have any Credit card office in Mumbai! This was another humbug. No office of Citibank Credit Card in Mumbai.

I kept writing mails after mails and letter after letters. But they don't seem to listen So now I have decided to fight it out with citibank. Want you to help spread the unjust practice abroad.

Just yesterday I received an SMS for paying Rs. 5,700/-. This is an increase of Rs. 4000 by way of interest on a payment of Rs. 1700/- which I am anyway not liable to pay.

Need your help and guidance in suing Citibank for the trouble they are causing to me by sending me unnecessary SMS and statements.

Regards,

Ashish Dalvi
Mumbai, India
+[protected]

Nov 25, 2008

Similar problem happened with me. I was thrusted upon this ### unwanted "Good Health" policy which I never wanted in the first place and after that I have been sent multiple bills which now amount to more than Rs 7000, even though I have never used my card for anything! I have writted mails to them to cancel my card but they repetedly refuse to accept that I never asked for their crappy health policy and do not cancel the card or the policy!! Citibank is such a cheater and fraud...people kindly stay away!

J
Oct 23, 2007

Citibank - opening tradeline credit card without my permission

I recieved a credit card from citi, without applying for a credit card with them, or for that matter anyone else. I called customer service, who would not dicuss account with me, smartly told me that that account # was not open, and citi doesn't open accts without permission. I never authorized my credit to be pulled, or asked for a credit card from citi. Nor did I appreciate the attitude when I called to complain about it.

A

Citibank - card not delivered but ecs facility is activated

recived mail from citibank informing that ECS facility has been activated from 200710 from my account with HDFC BANK

Applied for Citibank credit card Ref. no. [protected] on 22-Aug-2007.

First Dispatched via BLUE DART vied AWB # [protected] on 28-Aug-2007.
Response undelivered.

Second Dispatched via BLUE DART vied AWB # [protected] on 09-Sep-2007.
Response undelivered.

Third Dispatched via SPD POST vied AWB # SPD000001 on 14-Sep-2007.

Nov 23, 2007

REFERENCE NUMBER: [protected]

I am sorry to inform you that I have not received my credit card till now. I went to BLUE DART office also to get my credit card but they told that they had send it back to CITI BANK on 17/11/2007. i would like you to send it back to BLUE DART COURIER OFFICE and please do inform me through email when you are sending it back to BLUE DART.

Oct 14, 2007

Citibank - info needed

I need info on anyone that bought a timeshare in cancun with a citibank credit card and disputed it. need this by 10/22/07. The timshare was with royal holiday.

Oct 01, 2007

Citibank - lack of 24 hour fraud line!

I found out today (the hard way naturally) that Citibank does not offer a 24-hour Fraud line for it's credit cards. You can now only report a lost card, fraud or seek help between 8 am and midnight EST. The web site is however still advertising 24 hour support, and I have never seen any communications from the bank canceling the 24 hour help lines.

This blatant cost cutting exercise clearly reduces the level of service to the customer and also raises the risk of fraud. Who is liable for a card lost at 3am in California, which can not be reported until 11pm the following morning?

Citibank cards should therefore not be relied up on for any sort of international travel as most countries tend to operate on different times to EST. Nor should you consider using or owning a Citibank card anywhere West of the Appalachians. Those lucky enough to live in the EST time zone should be very careful only to travel or use the card during office hours.

Citibank - credit card given without application!

Citibank is one of the most cheater bank in india and Reserve Bank must take note of this. I work in an IT company which has salary accounts with CitiBank. On 1st October 2007 Citibank sent me Indian...

D
Sep 15, 2007

Citibank - fraud and cheating!

1. Notice that even if you EFT payments on the day they're due, Citicard won't post it until after the due date, then charge you, not one, but TWO month's finance charges.

2. If you use a lower-rate check (or other transfer deal), with no payments until a certain date... then make a payment on your credit card balance, they apply your payment to the lower-rate balance first and charge you a finance charge on the charges you were trying to pay off.

Yes, off course all this is in the fine-print. Nice! Not the kind of company I'd recommend doing business with.

First off, by EFT are you referring to payments on Citicards.com or Pay-by-Phone - if so, if it's after 5pm EST theses payments will post for the next bank business day.

If you're referring to your bank electronically paying Citi (ie. Billpay Service) this is NOT instant.. It can take 3-5 days to post the other creditor (not just Citi).

2nd) in regards to the finance charges, they're called "residual finance charges" Once the payment is LATE or not received in FULL by the due date, it activates a "daily financing" on the account, so finance charges will build up on the account util the balance is paid in full by a duedate, thus far - resulting in 2 month's worth of finance charges, and yes, it includes those new transactions you made.. read your agreement - and no, it's not just Citi.

3rd) Citi advises you in the card agreement, the terms & conditions of the offer, and if you do it by phone, they TELL you "your payments and credits will be allocated to pay off lower rate balances before higher rate balances"

L
Jan 24, 2008

Citigroup is already in the hot water with the New York State Attorney General and Banking Department. I wonder how much longer they are going to keep ripping off and destroying peoples credit. As credit card holders we should have more protection from the government from these credit card companies scams. I have credit ranging in the 700's and am worried that they will temper with my scores. I have a open account with Citicard, I sent a MoneyGram Money Order in the amount of $300, well they never received it or so they say. So i have a late charge that I paid. I have called more then a dozen times. Finally had someone that told me they actually cashed it. Previous to this call I verified with MoneyGram the date that this was cashed. To my surprise, the representative verified the date that I had. She told me to fax them a copy of the stub to my money order. Then I called again and all of a sudden no one knows what this other rep was talking about.??? Wow, they are quik to take your payment over the phone or internet but play dumb with customer service!

Citibank - credit cards recovery

I Mr. Sanket Anand Vaidya Age 25 Years am holding a Citibank International Credit Card No [protected]. My total amount due on this card was Rs. 4670/- with a due date of 15/07/2007. I have made a payment of Rs. 4700/- wide chq. no. 263805 of The Thane Janata Sahakari Bank, Khopat Branch, Thane which was debited from my bank Account on 06/07/2007 i.e. 9 days before the due date. Even then i and my family was suffering mental harassment as i was getting calls at my residence and my mobile at least 10 times a day from Citigroup Office number [protected] from 06/07/2007 to 24/07/2007 starting from morning 07.00 A.M. to night 08.00 P.M. This is because the Citibank records were not reflecting the payment i had done but in my bank statement it had been debited well in advance. I have even faxed my bank statement several times on [protected](Citibank Fax No.).

SO IS DOING THE TOTAL CREDIT CARD PAYMENT IN ADVANCE MY FAULT?
This was not enough. CITIBANK also charged me late payment fees as i had not made the credit card payment on time. (which was later reversed after one month in the next billing statement)

After this in the month of August 2007 Citibank also threw me in their Defaulters List by adding the name in CIBIL (CREDIT INFORMATION BUREAU (INDIA) LIMITED) without any of my fault as i had done the full credit card payment 9 days before the due date.

I came to know that my name was added to CIBIL from ICICI Bank. In the month of August 2007 i had applied for a OVER DRAFT ( OD ) facility in ICICI Bank for Rs. 5,00,000/- (Rupees Five Lakh Only ) for my business which i needed very urgently to expand my business. The Over Draft was SANCTIONED by ICICI Bank.

But later in this month of September while doing the disbursement of the Over Draft Facility it was rejected by the Credit Manager of ICICI Bank as my name was by that time added in the DEFAULTERS list in CIBIL for the late payment of CITIBANK Credit Card.

Now i am in a state of mental shock as i had given many commitments of expanding my business on the basis of the ICICI Bank OD Facility. My mother is an Heart Patient. She and my other family members have suffered a TORTURE and Mental Harassment from Citibank Credit Card people as they would harass us all from morning 7 AM to 8 PM by calling on my residence number and Mobile No.for almost 20 DAYS.

AND my dream of expanding my business could not be realized. I have suffered huge financial loss and i am in a state of mental shock because of CITIBANK.

Now what should i do to clear my name from the defaulters list in CIBIL?

Can i fulfill my dreams in future? As till my name is in the defaulters list in CIBIL no financial institutions will help me.
PLEASE ADVICE ME smb!

Next to Flower Valley Society,
Khopat, Thane(W)-400601. Mumbai
[protected]/ [protected]

Sep 05, 2007

Citibank - they don't care!

Customer Service Center
P.O. Box 6500
Sioux Falls, S.D. [protected]

My complaint is against Citibank, or more specifically, their credit card division known as Citicards. Back in the Fall they came out with a promotional flyer for the Christmas season whereby you could sign up for a program and get 10% back up to $100 at purchases made at department, discount and apparel stores between certain dates. The first hint of trouble was that their definition of what they consider to be one of those stores was at best vague. I needed to buy a new computer so I signed up for their program. I never was credited with my $100. Why? It had nothing to do with the item I bought but where I bought it from, Circuit City. By definition that is considered an electronics store and was not eligible for the discount. The bigger problem here was this. In that promotion flyer they listed three examples of how you could save. One was a cashmere scarf for $80, you save $8. Another was a snow blower for $130, you save $13. But the other was a HDTV for $790, you save $79. Now think about this! If you were going to bu y an HDTV where would you most likely go to purchase one? That's rig ht, an electronics store such as Best Buy or Circuit City which doesn't eve n qualify for the discount! At the very least this promotional flyer was deceptive. I have cut up my Citibank card and gone with CapitalOne, a much better interest rate as well. I will make sure this costs them more than if they just would have given me my $100. The problem is, they don't care. Just do a search on this site under Citibank and watch how many complaints come up. That in itself speaks volumes about their customer service, far more than this letter ever will.

Aug 23, 2007

Citibank - debit card account closed

Citibank is serving very poor to the customers. I have a suvidha debit card with that bank. That account has been closed without any intimation. There was some amount in that account, to get that amount its happened more than one month. I roamed several times to that Bank in Begumpet in Hyderabad. I also heard there is some contradiction with Indian government, because of that ECS is also becoming very problem in that bank. Please be careful while you are contacting this bank.

Aug 10, 2007

Citibank - citibank lost my cheque

Citibank Pune has lost my Cheque & is trying to trace it for the last 6 weeks but no help

My name is Ms Anisha Tauro. I hold a Suvidha Saving's a/c & an ERA with citibank. These a/c's were set up in January 2006, when i started working.

I am currently in UK & its not possible for me to be physically available in Pune to deal with my grievance.

My company had issued me a Full & Final settlement cheque.

As i mentioned i am not in town to deal with this personally, my sister, Ms Chetna Tauro had accidently deposited this cheque in my era a/c instead of my Suvidha savings a/c . However the money was not credited. I asked her to call citibank & follow up to check what had happened & she was told that only money transferred electronically from my previous employer can be credited into the ERA a/c, hence the cheque was not honored. So now the concern was how do we get this cheque credited into my savings a/c. She spoke to various agents on th call center, but no one took ownership of he call but instead kept us in a loop of calls!!! If all the calls she made are noted, you will find all the notes of all the conversation she has had on my Suvidha Saving's a/c.

Finally in all this confusion she was told her that citibank would be send the cheque by post to us & we would receive it in a weeks time.

A week later my sister called the call center as we had not received the cheque as yet & she was again told that the cheque is lost & cannot be found, citibank will courier the cheque when it is found.

This is a serious security breach & i have EMI's passing form my a/c & i dont think citibank would take responsibility if the EMI bounces. So now, not only do i have to follow up with citibank time & again for the past 6 weeks but also make sure my a/c has enough credit balance to make sure the EMI not not bounce. This means my commitments to other important things is of lesser priority & citibank seems to have taken the topmost priority.

Its getting frustrating for me & my sister to keep following only to be told each time that the cheque is still not traced. Bearing in the mind that the cheque will not be honoured if its passes over 3 months.

I am suprised that citibank has lost a cheque & is not able to provide customer service. Whats even more worrying is that if the cheque not not been credited, why did citibank not let me know that they will not be able to deposit the cheque in my ERA a/c & return my cheque back to me?

I cant stress any more on how frustrating it is to follow up as citibank never kept us updated. The amount is quiet high & for all i know somebody must have already got it encashed! (am saying this as there is a security breach & citibank cant find my cheque & return it to me).

I don’t know what to do & I don’t know where to go!

Anisha

Nov 17, 2008

I transferred money from my icici a/c to Citi a/c on nov 6th but there has not been any credit to my citi a/c, icici people has given me the confirmation no. that transfer has been made but the citi customer care people are trying to camouflage their fault by saying that it is being traced, we areworking on it and blaw blaw...

Dear sir/madam

my self Mr.sanjay kumar R.verma.I was deposit chque no.000194 of Rs.3934.00 on 2nd july 2008 in shahad branch near Century rayon co. but still it is not clear.please confirm & tell me regarding status of chque.it is out station chque .

My a/c no. is [protected]
If any discripency regarding this please call me on [protected]

B

Go back to the writer of the check. See if the check has been cashed and by whom. If it has been cashed then Citibank is responsible if you deposited it and have a receipt. If it has not been cashed then have the writer of the check stop payment on old check and rewrite you a new check. Checking to see if the check has been cashed is the first thing you should of done. Second thing- Went back to bank with information from check writer. 3-With proof of having been cashed you would now have them. 4- If not cashed-get new check from check writer. 5. If check was been cashed then fraud has taken place.

1  ...  35 36 37