CIC Triple AdvantageUnauthorized charge $12.95 per month by CIC Triple Advantage

J

I did not authorize this charge to be taken out of my checking account every month. How do I stop this? Help smb!

• Vi
    Victoria R. Wilhite May 17, 2007

Am being billed to credit card for $12.95 a month for a service I do not want and do not use.

• Su
    sulay Elescano May 19, 2007

I am also getting withdraws from my account of 12.95 from this cic credit advantage. I want it to stop but I can't find any website or customer service number.

Please Help.

• To
    tony paul newton May 20, 2007

I too am getting 12.95 deducted from my checking account from CIC triple advantage. This has recurred 2X so far. Did not authorize this, nor "knowingly" sign up for it. The only thing I can think of is I went to a "credit reporting sight" and signed up for a personal credit score and "BOOM", then I started getting the 12.95 deducted from my account. Apparently they have something on that sight that is a "hidden" box or place where you uncheck to not "sign-up?" This is outrageous and should be stopped. I plan on calling my bank Mon. morn, and have them blocked from debiting my account.

• Cl
    C. L. Ray May 24, 2007

My checking account is being debited each month for charges i did not authorize and do not wish to receive.

• Ba
    Barbara Nelson May 29, 2007

On May 7, 2007 I was billed on debit (credit) card account $12.00 which I have not authorized... I am going to call the phone number I got off this web site to see where that gets me and also to get this stopped so it does not happen again since I DO NOT want it...

Marjorie A. Smith Jun 12, 2007

CIC triple advantage showed up on my bank statement for $12.95. I don't know why and don't want their service. I tried to contact them by phone but could not.

• Je
    Jeremy Knudsen Jun 18, 2007

The phone # on their website is not working. Call this # to cancel (888) 888-8553. It is the number for ConsumerInfo.com but its the same company as FreeCreditReport.com. When they ask you why you are canceling you should give them a piece of your mind like I did.

Sandra Knowles Jul 01, 2007

I have called and canceled services I never signed up for and I am STILL being charged a monthly fee! They give you a line of BS and a whole big runaround. This company sucks!

• Ge
    genina allen Jul 14, 2007

I have been getting charged 12.95 for the last 5 months or so for what i am guessing is for credit report. I have never requested an online credit report, EVER, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!! If my money is not returned and these charges canceled i will be SUING TRIPLE ADVANTAGE!!!

• Ad
    Adam Lingwood Jul 22, 2007

CIC has been billing be the $12.95 a month from freecreditreport.com. I took the opportunity to read the terms and conditions and it says there that you will be billed on a monthly basis. NOTE FOR EVERYONE: There is a number to call in the terms and conditions. I just called it and canceled my account. Took less than five minutes. Open up their terms and conditions and do a search for "monthly". You'll find what you are looking for a few searched words down. The number they give you thats buried in this wall of text is 1-877-481-6826. Happy Hunting!

• Br
    Brandon Grimes Aug 17, 2007

Hey guys!!! Same exact thing happened to me, and the last guy to leave a blog Adam Lingwood was right. Just call that number and cancel. Its not fraud but they never tell you about it. So just call and cancel!

• Ti
    Tired Aug 27, 2007

I've called and canceled now 3 times and am still being billed.

• St
    Stephanie Dec 05, 2007

I too have received charges to an account that my husband and I were hoping to close. Because it had no money that account is no in the negatives. I called the number that appeared on my bank statement 877-481-6825 to have the reimburse me for those charges and to cancel the account. They gave me a hard time so I threatened them, they did reverse the most current charges but refused to do any others.

Make sure to read the fine print when signing up for ### like this... my advice: just don't do it.

• Al
    Ally Sep 12, 2008

When you sign up for your "free" credit report it is clearly stated in the terms that you agree to sign up for CIC Triple Advantage for 30 days free, after which period you will be billed $12.95/mo. until you cancel. You won't get your money back usually, but you can call the number on your credit card statement and have them stop billing you. You won't get the service anymore (if you're even using it).

Make sure you read the terms on all those credit report sites before you sign up! Almost all of them require you to sign up for their monitoring service which cost anywhere from $10-$50 per month.

• Ji
    Jim Nov 21, 2008

It took me calling my on-line banking support and having them do a three way call to get this cancelled. I had called triple advanta before and they said they cancelled it...but didn't...so I got my bank involved. They said i'll get a confermation e-mail in 24 hours. We'll see. GOOD LUCK with this company.

• Da
    Dawn Ellison Dec 03, 2008

I've been getting hit with $14.95 charges every month by CIC Triple Advantage. I have not authorized this nor do I even know what it is. I pay my Credit Card down every month and it was very obvious to me. What about the people who have balance every month and may overlook the $14.95 charge. I will first contact my Credit Card Company and have them go after the thief! I will also call the phone number listed on this site. What a scam.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices