Cic* Triple Advantage / 877 - 4816825 - CAUnauthorized billing!

K

This company charged to my credit card $25.90 for services I never received nor asked for. This scam! Beware!

• Ga
    Gabe McCourt Jul 18, 2007

Same here... funny how if you google it there are page of people being ripped off by them.

Anna Aug 10, 2007

Wow... I was charged by them too... I have no idea what it is for. $12.95. I am a little ticked off currently.

• St
    Steven Draper Aug 20, 2007

I just found a charge for $12.95 from them too. I have no idea what it is for and I obviously haven't gotten anything for my money. I'm wondering how long I've been getting charged... I have a bad habit of not checking charges made. I am outraged so I guess I'll try calling them tomorrow and complain though I have a bad feeling it won't be easy... these things never are.

• Mo
    monique Aug 20, 2007

ME TOO! i was out of a town for a week, but as a college kid, i recognize odd charges on my card. I am calling my bank to dispute it.

• Su
    Suen Oct 01, 2007

I am pist off. I was charge 12.95 five time without even knowing until a year later when I looked at my year end transactions for other purposes. I have no idea what it was for either. I mean 12.95 a month, and twice in one month. I cant believe how I didnt even notice it. Shoo...

• St
    Stephanie Oct 03, 2007

How did you get the company to stop charging your card?

• Li
    Lilly Oct 04, 2007

I noticed I was getting charged as well, so I called the number on their website: 877-481-6826 to call to cancel and figure out what was going on. It turns out that the fine print in the terms and conditions states that you can get your credit report for free for 30 days, but if you do not call the number above to cancel within 30 days, they will start charging your credit card so that you can continue to receive alerts.

You do need to provide your credit card number, name, and mother's maiden name to the representative, but it was relatively painless.

• Pa
    Paul VanNatta Oct 15, 2007

I'll just add myself to the list of people who've been ripped off by this scam. It's just simply pathetic that a credit scoring agency would pull some BS like this. Luckily I noticed the very first charge.

• Br
    Bryce Adam Billington Nov 19, 2007

I got ripped off by these guys too. That's so stupid that they do that just for alerts. Even if you don't get any alerts. These guys have done this to me twice and just put me overdrew my account so now I have over charge fees.

• Co
    Connie Bush Dec 13, 2007

They got me, too! for $14.95! And I thought I was looking at the site very closely when I ran the credit report. I just happened to check my bank account today and found that it was charged . . today, and didn't know what the charge was until I looked up the comapny on the 'net', and saw the complaints. When I called the 877 number and was on hold, I pulled the site back up and saw very clearly on the left side bar about the $14.95 monthly charge if it was not cancelled, but I don't remember seeing it like that when I ran my "free" credit report. I asked for a refund since it was the same day my card was charged, but was very politely told that they had a 'no refund policy', but my account will be active until Jan. whatever. I had them cancel the account and I did receive a confirmation email, then called them back and asked to verify that it was cancelled. I guess I'd better warn a couple of friends that I recommended this rip-off site to.

Michael Cartledge Jan 03, 2008

I have sent several Emails to these people and I get no responce. I have told them to stop taking money from my card. I do not want their service. It is free once a year from the credit bureau.

• Na
    Natasha Smith Jan 11, 2008

I called (877-481-6826 ) and they were VERY friendly and accomodating in cancelling my 'membership'.

• Ev
    Eve Lominac Jan 11, 2008

This Company is such a scam!! They won't give you an address to send written notification to and they won't give you a confirmation number when you cancel so the next month they can say you never called to cancel. MY suggestion is change your credit card number!! Wish I had eariler.

• Lo
    lois mcleod Jan 13, 2008

I RECIVED MY STATEMENT FROM MY BANK AND SAW WHERE THIS SO CALLED COMPANY WAS TAKING FROM MY DISABILITY CHECK SINCE 10/09/07 IT'S NOW 01/13/08. I ASK THEM WHO GAVE THEM THE AUTHORIZION TO DO THIS TO ME. A SUPERVISOR SAID HER NAME WAS DORTHA MADE UP SOME SENCELESS STORY. I ASK FOR MY MONEY TO BE REFUNDED AND TO STOP THE WITHDRAWING OF MY CARD, SHE STATED SHE WOULD NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK UNTILL I GAVE HER A CONFIRMATION NUMBER, SHE SAID SHE WOULD GIVE ME A CONFIRMATION NUMBER BYWAY OF E-MAIL HAVENT SEEN IT YET. THIS SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW IT'S MOST DEFINATILLY FRAUD. PLEASE ! WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE OF THIS SCAM DO STOP IT ASAP.

Andrew Knight Jan 31, 2008

It IS funny how you google the charge and find everyone else with the same complaint! LOL Yeah, so... mine was $12.00 though and it came from the "freecreditreport.com" button that came with the software "Quicken". Funny thing is that I don't remember signing up for a month trial though. I was under the impression that it was free and I could check whenever I wanted... A friend told me that I should call and cancel, but I didn't believe him... :( (I perish for my lack of knowledge, and I didn't take heed to the WARNINGS and the SIGNS!) It is a bunch of cr*p and I do agree.

• Sh
    Shannon M. Watson Feb 06, 2008

The very same thing happened to me. good thing i look over my credit card statements daily. i was charged 14.95 for a "FREE credit report". that really pissed me off.

Josh Feb 21, 2008

I was also charged by (CIC*TRIPLE ADVANTAGE 877-4816825 CA) I actually only caught this bill because I only had a few bucks left in my checking account. I received a letter in the mail, from my bank, stating that I had an O/D fee of $30.00 for a purchase of $12.95.. I did some research on my bank statements and found 6 months worth of charges.. 6 months being, that's as far back as I could go on my online statement. I know that I visited FreeCreditReport.com around June and tried to sign-up for a credit report that I needed because I was trying to get a new laptop. I'm going to call them tomorrow and hopefully get everything refunded, including my O/D fee from the bank. I never dreamed of being charged this amount of money for a "FREE" service that I never even benefited from... I had NO credit at the time of the report (only 20yrs old) ..FreeCreditReport gave me BAD credit if anything. I'll be smarter from now on and actually check my bank statements and try to keep a better log of what $$ that I spend online and offline.

• Ka
    Kait Feb 21, 2008

Same thing here...
    I assumed at first that I was being doubled charged (didn't look at the fine details of the statement) for my Equifax account. Instead, it's this FCR fraud scam charging me for a services I used once to view information on an invalid collection account based on a medical bill I paid when I got the first statement from them. It was the only site that wasn't vauge about the collection agency, and I was obviously scared since I have never missed a payment or have ever been late on one. It was to the understanding of the website that e-mail updates were a courtesy.

Not only will I call up my credit card carrier and dispute all charges from this company, but I really hope that calling them later will get my refund back. If not, I'm sure they will love to hear from my attorney.

I'm a 22 year old student who doesn't appreciate excess expenses.

A "Free" credit report should be just that; "free".

maria Feb 26, 2008

triple Advantage is a rip off the accessed my account even though the my card was expired. I never rvrn heard of this company before

• Yv
    Yvonne Dent Mar 06, 2008

I noticed a charge for $21.90 on my account and after speaking to my bank they gave me a phone number to Robbins Triple Advantage CIC with a phone number (605) 923-9918. I have called and left several messages without getting any response. I do not know who they are and i did not authorize this charge. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.

Thank you.

• Ry
    Ryan Mar 12, 2008

is there any way to recover the funds thats they charged me

Marie Spellman Apr 02, 2008

I did not authorized CIC*Triple Advanage to charge $14.95 to my credi card in February and March 2008. It took me some time to find out what this charge consisted of. I spoke with Ruella at CIC and was told I did not cancel my account within 30 days.

I had no knowledge of any account with this company. When I rceived my FREE credit report from Experian, I checked a BOX indicating I did not want to receive reports. How did CIC obtain my personal information? To what Federal or State govening body can I register a formal complaint for this unethical, sneaky company? Is there any way to obtain a refund? Marie Spellman, April 2, 2008

• Pa
    Paresh Apr 02, 2008

Same issue here! Amazing how there are people taking advantage of people's busy lives! I've been charged for months... thought my wife might have bought something, but then upon some reviewing my recent statements, it's been going on for a while...

I would love to get my money back... HELP!!!

-Paresh

christie bruski Apr 05, 2008

How small of a world it really is. I have had the same problem, i've even closed accounts and they still seem to find me i even went to a completely different bank and there it was $12.95 out of my account.

• Co
    ColinMcComb Apr 08, 2008

Free credit report .dot come steals money from people. This is a complete scam. If there is a class action suite I will completly comply. this type of business (auto memberships included in fine print) should be illegal. Its a disgraceful way to make a buck and I hope it catchs up with them . write your congressman/woman.

• Sm
    sm Apr 08, 2008

Just so you know, they were charging my card $12.95 for each cardholder. My wife called and cancelled and they only cancelled hers, so we kept getting charged until I cancelled (I never even signed up for a "free" credit report.

• Ya
    Yan Wang Apr 15, 2008

CIC*Triple Advantage charged me $14.95 without my authorization. I never ordered their service.

• Cy
    Cynthia Coates-Harris Apr 16, 2008

What the heck is CIC Triple Advantage, these are unauthorized charges. I never signed up for CIC and I am being debited $12.95 a month... I want it stopped immediately.

• Je
    Jennifer Williams Apr 23, 2008

CIC*Triple Advantage charged me $29.90 twice to my account and i did not want their services. I want my money back NOW!

• Wi
    William Harper May 01, 2008

CIC*Triple Advantage charge me $14.95 in March 2008 and again in April 2008 AFTER I had notified Transunion that I did not want the monthly service.

• Ti
    Tiffany May 07, 2008

WOW, it happened to me too! I called to get my money refunded because I didn't sign up for it and they said they couldn't refund the money at there facility and I asked to speak to a supervisor and they HUNG up on me! So I called four more times and they FINALLY refunded my money. This is REDICULOUS!!!

• Ti
    Tiffany May 07, 2008

Is there anything we can do to stop this?? :(

• Ju
    Julia Ranger May 11, 2008

I was charged $14.95 last month and I did not order anything from them.

• Kk
    KK May 24, 2008

I just noticed today I have charges every month since Feb. of 14.95. I did not authorize this payment and I am very upset!! Has anyone recovered funds charged?

• Bi
    Bill Mariano May 24, 2008

This is a scam. Not only that, but I also found memberships to blockbuster.com and columbiahouse.com on my card shortly after CIC's. I suspect CIC. I called CIC and they did reverse and cancel my CIC charges. I gave them an earful and their scripted answer was "we have far more happy members." I told them they have unaware members. They said the membership was "clearly noted" on the web site, to which I went off, saying "IF IT WAS CLEARLY NOTED I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT IT!!!" I had to dispute the other 2 with my credit card company since there was no way to talk with anyone at blockbuster or columbia house. I am waiting on the outcome of those and keeping an eye on my credit card account.

Michael Smith Jun 04, 2008

All the charges are from www.freecreditreport.com. When you pull a copy of your supposedly FREE credit report, they kinda "forget" to tell you that there will be reoccurring charges to your account. I just called and canceled my account. WHAT A TOTAL SCAM!!!

• Br
    Bridget Jun 06, 2008

I. as well was scammed out of $15 by freecreditreport.com. I just called them and expressed my discontent with the way they treat their customers in putting them in a position where they are being scammed out of a money. I kept repeating that a FREE credit report should be free and they should not be doing this to their customers. I also made mention to the fact that the majority of their customers and users are doing this credit report because they are worried about their credit standing, such as myself and now they are taking money from us? She kept saying that the terms and conditions are on the front page over and over again - I told her that she might want to google free credit report and scams and then read all those people who have filed reports against them.

Long story short, she told me that she will refund the Month that i was charged for and my account will be cancled. DON'T LET THEM TELL YOU THERE ARE NO REFUNDS!

michael Jun 16, 2008

I just found this same charge on my credit card. Decided to Google it. Very glad i did. What a scam! I am going to take care of this right now.

• Ab
    Abigail Jun 19, 2008

I called the 1-800 number and I was able to cancel my account and get my last months billing returned -- but they couldn't return any of the previous months.

They were at least polite.
    It would be nice if the fee was better explained on their site.

• Ri
    richfortunato Jun 23, 2008

i was charged 14.95 for a free trial for 30 days

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices