Choice Home Warrantynot advised of $50 cancellation fee

Choice Home Warranty is purchased on-line. They tell you that you have to take the offer on the day you contact them or the price will increase. They charged my credit card 2 months before warranty effective date. I canceled contract and was told I would be charged $50 cancellation fee. You have to read the entire contract (6 pages) on-line to find this clause. Now I have to wait 30 days to get my refund minus the $50. This is a rip-off company with hard sell and intimidation tactics. STAY WAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Co
    cookie2522 Nov 17, 2017

I signed up 5 months ago for 3 years for $1050.00. I have had nothing but problems with them.
    When my A/C stopped working I called them and they sent out someone to fix it. The problem was
    the guy was not licensed, screwed things up and as a result, I had to replace my A/C for a cost of $6, 000.
    I called to cancel and was told to wait a month and they would send me a check for $300 for the problems I had.
    I got the check a few days ago and called today to cancel. No surprise that my refund would be $234.15 if I cancel.
    My next call was to the Attorney General's office in New Jersey and I was given instructions to file a complaint online.
    My next call was to my credit card company that I charged the $1050 on and they are issuing a chargeback to the company.
    My advice to everyone that has lost money with CHW is that they issue a chargeback with their credit card company and
    than file a complaint at : NJCONSUMERAFFAIRS.GOV. They are in the process of investigating CHW and any complaints
    they receive will only help.

saricon Apr 08, 2011

The same thing happened to me! Except I had two policies and got scammed fo $100! HELP! We should all band together and do something about it. They must be stopped!

• Jj
    JJJConsumer Apr 14, 2010

You are not the only one with problems from this company. Please check out my group - Choice Home Warranty Claims. They are formerly out of NY.