Chevronextreamly rude emplyee

Dear Sirs.
On Friday, August 21 2009 at 3:11 pm, I was coming home from my Father in laws funeral. it had been a long a painful week for me and my family.
I stopped in at this station ([protected]) Being I was on my 2007 Harley FLHT I was stopping for gas every 100-150 miles on this trip. I had told my credit card company (Visa) that I would be on a trip and making many fuel stops, but after a week of these stops, the card company stopped authorizing at the pump and was requiring me to do this inside.
I am ok with that, But I wanted to use my air miles card, not cash to buy my fuel. I had limited funds for this trip, and I wanted to track my mileage as well.
I went in and asked your employee (Ian) If he could turn the pump on, he said he could not, then I would have to run a 20.00 charge on my card first then he would then run the correct amount and return the 20 to my card.
I have had this done in the past, and I end up being charged for both the gas and the 20, and it turns into a big fight.
I was not willing to do this, at other Chevron stations on this trip I had offered a 20.00 bill as a deposit to turn on the pump, then finished the sale with my card.
As at the other Chevron stations I had stopped at, he said that would be fine, and took the 20, and turned on the pump for me.

Up to this point all was going as it had, I pumped in 3.279 gallons of supreme, and went in to finish the sale, this is when Mr Ian became quite belligerent with me, and shovel the change at me telling me he would not run my card and to take my change.
I asked him to please run this on my card as I wanted to save my cash for the trip, he said he was not authorized to do so and would not.
I was quite take back by his rude demeanor, and took my change from him, and I told him I would be sending this letter of complaint about his rude and unexceptionable behavior.
He then because agitated and told me to get on my bike and never come back.
I said, I beg your pardon, he then repeated that I was to leave and never come back.

I have been a loyal customer of, and at times worked for Chevron stations over the last 35 years, I feel I was treated like an unwanted bumb.
As a ASE master tech, I have always told my customers to use Chevron as there first choice for gas.

But I guess as your employee said, If I am not welcome, then I will never set foot in another Chevron station ever again, or a Texico for that matter(I know you own them also)
And i will make sure all my customers start going to Unical If this is your attitude you except in the way you treat your loyal customers.

I know I never treat my customers this way, and I surely do not want a company I send them to to treat my customers in this way..

I have waited until now to write this as I was quite upset over this and I wanted the time to calm down before writing this to you.
I normal am a nice a pleasant person, but I feel that your employee's behavior should cost him his job.

I know if he worked for me he would be fired.

I await your reply.
Thank you.
Jeff Miesen.

• Un
    Unnone Jun 03, 2012

Do Chevron have a number to call for complaints?

The_Rising_Phoenix Apr 28, 2016

I stopped at the Chevron gas station in Moorpark to top off the tank and run my truck through the car-wash. Everything was going smoothly until the car-was stopped in the middle of the
    service displaying an error msg:

->vehicle too longGo see the cashier

Prologue:
    This is the first personnel complaint
    letter I have written to any Corporation.

Everything was going smoothly until the car-was stopped in the middle of the
    service displaying the following error msg:
    ---->vehicle too longGo see the cashier

Everything was going smoothly until the car-was stopped in the middle of the