Chevronawful customer service

Woodys Chevron stations in Kingman AZ has the worst customer service managers and owner I have ever had the misfortune of trying to talk to about a problem with the receipts at the pumps. I use a card at the pump so I can pump and go, every time I go there I am delayed because there is no receipt tape in the machine. This is a problem that the owner and managers don't care about! Also the owner is in the habit of hiring convicted felons, so much for customer service!I and many others in Kingman will not be buying our gas there in the future.

Jack Thompson Nov 19, 2008

I pulled into the station to get a lottery ticket. There was a sign on the out side of the building that read lottery would be on (today) Wednesday November 19th. I went inside and the same sign was in the cashier window. I asked the cashier for a lottery ticket and he responded with "it's not on". I suggested he should change his sign. He said it will be on later today(this was already noon). I said he should change his sign to later today then. He responded with "You got a problem sir cause I'll kick your ###". I told him that I would drop-kick his little ### if he tried it. I then left.
    I do not know if this is what your company would concider propper guest servive, but I wouldn't. I am the general manager of a corporate store also(different company]. I just thought I should write becaus I have 2 very good friends that work for your corporate headquarters in Houston.

• Cv
    CVX Jun 15, 2009

I was forced to resign from Retail business unit of Chevron, Thailand after I wrote a complaint letter about my supervisor made a decision non-comply to the company's compliance. After the company set up a team to investigate, I was punished for poor leadership. It is very funny. 6 months before I was forced to resign, the management team gave me good performance score (2+). Per company policy, they have to consider from my performance and behavior. How could a person change their behavior within 6 months. After I asked about the witnesses's names, they claimed that it couldn't be revealed. I don't see this in US courts - Can't reveal the witnesses.

During the time I talked to my supervisor directly, but after he knew I filed a complaint letter. He doesn't have guts to come talk to me. And of course his boss who back him up because they have personal relationship, got to stand up and talked to me. Is this Chevron's way, RBU head dealed with a business consulatant? Pity for Chevron headquarter. Try to deploy "people leadership", LPS. I am telling your people now that your policy or strategies when deply in developing countries are another standard. Really waste company's money.

The most ridiculous I found from this case was that they forced me to resign and yet gave me money of 4 times of my salary which they called "special money". If I really was at fault, why gave me the money. I belief that they are afraid that they might get sue in court. Anyway it's good for me. I am able to start my new life in the US now.

• Ti
    tickedconsumer Jun 25, 2009

Having been a customer for over 30 years and many dollars I believe there is a move towards people that do not carry a balance on their Chevron/Texaco cards. This recently became apparent when all of sudden I couldn't use the quick card swipe on the pump and it would say "cannot auth" "please see cashier".

So I end up calling these miscreants, first getting someone in India which is always a good time. He says we thought they were fraudulent charges on you card. I say " As in????" he doesn't answer. I say I have the card with me and have been using it as I normally do. He says "Okey dokey" "everything should be ok now". I go to get gas the next day on my motorcycle, same thing happens different station 40 miles from the first one.

Now yes I admit I'm getting a little pissed at this point. Call them again get a young lady that got offended when I say I'm really tired of this sh...t I hope you can understand how frustrating this is. She doesn't so I ask for a supervisor. Some real winner comes on the line and says "if you let me explain" I said sure, you can explain because right about now I'm ready to cancel my two cards since I have no loyalty to any one gas brand.

He starts in on the well we felt that there were fradulent charges in the last 2 weeks on your card. I say as in what kind? He says we don't give out that information" OK now my Irish temper has had enough, I pretty much told him to cancel my cards immediately and to not have such a nice day. I usually don't get mad at these people because I know they are just robots doing the corporate bidding but that was the last straw. "We can't tell you what charges we feel are fraud????? WTH knid of bs is that.

Then it dawned on me. In the entire time we've had gas cards, this is pre ATM cards mind you we've always paid the balance every month religiously. I'm of the opinion that they want people like us to cancel the card because other then the initial purchase they make no further money. I'm waiting to see a class action suit down the road s I'm very suspicious.

jonjon Jul 15, 2009

I know this must have been very frustrating ... however, I enjoyed reading your story ... I really did and I think your style of writing is very interesting ... you should write a book if you haven't done so already. I am serious about that .
    I just had a problem with the cashier at a Chevron gas station in Tracy, CA, where my debit card was declined, and he told me to Fu** off and get the hell out of there !!!
    I'm going to complain to Corporate.

• Da
    Dacousa Sep 18, 2009

about two days ago i pumped gas at the gas station next to my workplace, 3 miles later my car started running weird.
    i took it to the dealership and they changed the fuel injectors, It was
    surprising to me that after running the car for about 1 mile.. the same problem happened again. that's when the mechanic checked the gas!! it was very bad looking gas! i complained at the gas station but they cared less!!!

• Co
    coerte337 Nov 05, 2009

charged late fees--payment was late due to Post Office??? paid late fee and interest--payment of these late again, why??? billed for new late fees and interest for late payment of late fees and interest. attempted to close account after approx 20 years of being an excellent customer---received an answer of regret that account was closed and an invitation to re open account with the late fees still on my old account. many telephone calls to billing center complaining about the fees and interest---still receiving bill that grows due to late fees and interest on the already late fees and interest. will not pay on something that i do not owe as no one at chevron will listen to my complaint.

• Ab
    absa Aug 17, 2010

I received a message from chevron on the 17th of August 2017 to my mobile no. and saying
    congrats, your mobile no has be awarded 500 thousand pounds from chevron, 2017 mobile draw, to claim your prize contact JOHN DR JONES. via email:[email protected]

Please confirm whether it the given sms is true or a scam or anything. I am very much obliged to you if you reply earliest

• Ve
    venkatesha6 Aug 24, 2010

I received a message from chevron on the 24th of August 2017 to my mobile no. and saying

• Ka
    Kanhya Baroat Sep 11, 2010

I have got a message that your mobile has been awarded 500, 000 GBP from CHEVRON, 2017 DRAW, to claim your prize send full name, tel age to JOHN JONES.VIA EMAIL:[email protected]

Cheryl Torres Nov 16, 2010

Same thing is happening with us! Late fee on a late fee! Have you had it resolved?

• Si
    simnia Jul 27, 2011

At 8:05 a.m. on 7-27-11 I attempted to buy gas here with a new credit card that I'd been using for several days. The cashier asked me 3 times how much gas I wanted to purchase, and 3 times I gave him the answer. Then he told me "That's not a credit card!" and asked me if I had a PIN. I said no, since it wasn't a debit card, and I showed him that it said both "Visa" and "debit" on it and I began to get frustrated, but before I could run another debit card through instead, he began shouting at me--loudly!--that I had no reason to get upset! I then walked out without saying anything else and without making my intended purchase, whereupon he shouted after me, "###!" Another customer was standing inside, wondering what was going on. I went back inside to ask his name since he wasn't wearing a name badge. He wouldn't give his name and began shouting even louder, saying "Get the hell out of here!" Whew! I then drove to a Valero gas station, and paid without a single comment or incident with my that's-not-a-credit-card credit card. Unbelievable. This Chevron cashier is too stupid and too rude to be working anywhere. I then attempted to contact Chevron with an online complaint but their complaint form didn't work at: https://www2.chevron.com/products/contact-us/customerServiceForm.aspx

• Su
    SuperKev Feb 13, 2012

After running some errands today I went in to the Chevron on the corner of Coulter Street & I-40 to get a pack of cigarettes & and Monster energy drink.
    When I approached the counter the clerk didn't say hello so I said, "Um, yeah, I'd like this (Energy Drink) & Berkeley Red Shorts please." At the end of my sentence the clerk's cell phone started ringing, he didn't say "excuse me" or anything, he looked at it for a moment, answered it, and started talking. After about one minute I was still trying to be polite, I said "Sir, do you have Berkeley's?". I already knew they did, I was just trying to get his attention. He simply looked at me for a moment and turned around, continuing his conversation. Finally, after about two or three more minutes, I got mad enough that I grabbed my keys off the counter and left the store without saying anything.
    I understand people get busy, but I've worked in customer service almost all my life and first of all, you don't answer your cell at a register unless it is business & even in THAT case you politely say to the customer, "I'm sorry sir, this is for business, do you mind if I ring you up while I take it?"
    I'm not the type of person to complain like this, I've only done it one other time in my life. I didn't get the guys name I was so hot, all I know is, he was (I believe) an Eastern Indian fellow with a thick accent.
    I also do not believe 'the customer is always right', but customer service like this is the type that makes people:
    #1) never want to enter a particular place of business again...which I will not!!!
    #2) go to site's like this and complain, which on this one, I'm going to hit them all, INCLUDING Chevron's main website!!

• Su
    SuperKev Feb 13, 2012

Nah bro, can't go there, everyone's got a right to work in America. Nationality has nothing to do with it, it's all about customer service.