Chaz Dean Studio Logo

Chaz Dean Studio

Having problems with Chaz Dean Studio?

Chaz Dean Studio reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 5, 2008. The latest review Never use their products if you want your hair to look beautiful was posted on Aug 28, 2017. The latest complaint Continues to bill was resolved on Sep 16, 2014. Chaz Dean Studio has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 39 reviews. Chaz Dean Studio has resolved 18 complaints.

Chaz Dean Studio Customer Service Contacts

Thu11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Chaz Dean Studio Customer Service. Initial Chaz Dean Studio complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Chaz Dean Studio above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Chaz Dean Studio. Discuss the issues you have had with Chaz Dean Studio and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Chaz Dean Studio Complaints & Reviews

Chaz Dean StudioNever use their products if you want your hair to look beautiful

Your products are dangerous and should be out of the sale. When I used it for the first time my scalp burnt, it was pretty painful. it didn't stop next day. My hair looked poor. I used my usual shampoo and I felt better, even though it still burnt. I threw it away and silly me, I read all of the reviews about consequences only after using. Now I'm one of those unlucky people writing a bad review about this product.

Wen By Chaz Dean (Guthey Renker Distributor)Wen cleansing conditioner

I began using wen in September, 2014. I cleansed every other day and used the product as directed on the bottle. In November, 2015 I began noticing hair loss which I attributed to my thyroid or hormones. I made an appointment with my MD to make sure my health was good (which it was) and the hair loss was not attributed to a medical condition. I called wen to report the problem and they suggested that I try the Lavendar formula which I did however my hair loss kept increasing and peaked in April. I visited my MD once more in April and he determined that Wen gave me a fungal scalp infection! April 6th is when I discontinued the product. When I examined my wen damage I was horrified, I lost approx. 40% of my hair from thinning and it took five months after stopping wen for the hair loss to stop! This company needs to be shut down!

Wen cleansing conditioner

Wen By Chaz Dean (Guthey Renker Distributor) — "sweet almond mint" all-in-one conditioning cleanser

I suffered massive hair loss after using the "Sweet Almond Mint" all-in-one conditioning cleanser by Chaz...

Wen Chaz DeanWEN Shampoo/Conditioner and Product Line

I had been using these products alone on my hair for several months before I noticed significant hair loss around my temples and forehead. I went to a hair professional to see if she could identify the source of the issue. She said my hair was broken all the way down to my scalp. Based on my history of having usually strong healthy hair before using this, the only thing she could pin point was the WEN product line. I researched the product complaints and noted several hundred thousand women saying exactly what I am experiencing. I emailed the company today to ask for a full refund and to cancel my subscription. It is my sincerest hopes that they have the decency the offer and full refund all the way back to the beginning of my subscription.

WEN by Chaz Dean — Hair care products

I just want to make sure all know that when ordering these products that is is a subscription not just a one...

Chaz DeanContinues to bill

I never received the item and was continuously billed. Even when i decided to pay the bill just to stop the harassment they continued to send me to collections. They are rude, unhelpful and generally uncaring about whether you have gotten the product or paid for it. I contacted the attorney general in iowa where they shipped my shipment from and got little help. These people are scam artists and they have trained their employees to be scam artists. The product is useless. . . Not at all what is supposed to be so i said enough. . . But they continued to send it. If i have to go to the attorney general of the united states i will. Do not buy anything from them.

Thalia Carol Aug 06, 2010

Want my account credited.

Thalia Carol Aug 06, 2010

I just want my account credited.

Thalia Carol Aug 06, 2010

I just want my acct. credited for the 29.99, and send no more products.

Thalia Carol Aug 06, 2010

I returned my hair product order and they credited my acct. But then charged 29.99 for another product which I never received...

Andrea Feb 22, 2009

Have just noticed that i have been charged for more product, when i have cancelled with you months age. Please credit my account immediately. Product will be returned to sender when it arrives.
            Contact me on : [email protected]
            Thanks You
            Andrea.

WEN by Chaz Dean — Billing practices

Okay here's the deal. I love wen hair system but the company is a rip off. I have used this product for...

WEN by Chaz Dean — SCAM/ Bad customer service

This product... for one.. Is not all its cracked up to be.. Its just another shampoo/condition. NO dramatic...

WEN by Chaz DeanRip off

Complete Rip off, I ordered the special kit fromm the TV commercial, after doing that I realized that they will automatically recharge my credit card every month and send me a new order, I asked them to cancel they wouldn't do it, i called my bank and cancelled my Check Card, after several failed try to withdraw, they sent me a huge! Order that I didn't ask for, I returned it of course I had to pay for returns!!!, I was surprised after 2 weeks that they were able to regharge my card for about 9 $ which I never gave authorization for and having a new card!!! Called them very upset the supervisor agreed on that 9 dollar, credit back and on cancelling and removing my name from the system, now I have to deal with the bank to see how they were able to get money from a new issued card!!! Don't even think of dealing with them, the product suck! Got dandruff, and smells bad!!! Be careful and don't think of trying !!!

Wen By Chaz Dean (Guthey Renker Distributor)WEN Chaz Dean SCAM Shipments and Billing

Product ordered for $29 introductory price, then more shipments came for 106.74 When my wife tried to cancel, more monthly shipments arrived for the same charge to her credit card. She closed the card, and they continued to ship monthly shipments at the same price under a NEW ACCOUNT number, but how do they collect if there is not a working card? They take customers to collection for the products customers cannot return, because their address is only a correspondence address. But they screwed with the wrong person now, because I am also a consumer advocate! I will be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and Internet fraud division of the U.S. Justice department, as well as posting them on my 11 global consumer websites. I will also post a complaint with the BBB. They were informed that future shipments will be returned to the post office as wrong person, not at that address, "Return to Sender", shipping due by sender. They can't charge you for an item you don't have, but then again, these are criminals, so they do whatever they think they can do. And that's the way we make shampoo people come clean. Then Google the weird dude without morals or ethics who started all of this.

WEN by Chaz DeanCustomer service

Worst customer service ever !!

Besides being held captive for repeating orders (You can't just get the product once, & if you do & want to cancel the next order, good luck) ! Then, if you want to order it again later on, you can't because they've canceled your membership. If they say they'll send it, don't believe them. Don't expect them to send the correct order either, or even update your address (Even though you called them & updated it) . If you move again, good luck ever getting the product. Although the address was updated on the phone and on - line, twice, they sent it to the address i had before the last one. And apparently, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. When i called about the last order that never came, i was told "the back office" has to call me, because apparently the ? Front office can't reactivate your account. So i couldn't get my original order sent, even though i called customer service. They had already sent me the wrong order, so apparently they're allowed to send the wrong order, but not the correct one. . ? So i asked why i couldn't get the seasonal items i had ordered, for the price i was told (3 bottles for $59. 99) when i placed the original order, so i didn't miss out on it (Like i had in the past, when it never came & they made me fill out forms stating i never got it. . Because i guess they thought i was lying? By the time they decided it was ok to send me an order, they had already run out of the seasonal product, so i had to wait a year that time) !! So i was told i couldn't get the original order, but i could get 2 bottles for $49. 99. I asked why i couldn't get the 3 bottles for what they said when i placed the original order, and i was told it was "because you're talking about apples and oranges". Actually, it was "mangos and coconuts", which was what i ordered. Lol so then i was told i would be getting a travel kit for free, to placate me. I didn't want a travel kit, i just wanted what i ordered in the first place, for the price they said it would be ! They can keep the stupid travel kit. I don't want it, won't use it, and it didn't make up for the incredibly poor customer service. So if you order from them, be prepared to have a wtf moment, every time you get a package. Really, sending a product order is not, or will it ever be, rocket science. Wtf?

WEN by Chaz Dean — total scam

I ordered this product in Jan 2013 and immediately cancelled on the same day. The company continue to take...

Toronto

Grc*wen By Chaz Dean 800 - 7281103 CAUnauthorized Charge

Unauthorized charge of 53$ and some change from GRC*WEN BY CHAZ DEAN [protected] CA. I called them and they just told me to dispute with bank. I asked if there was a way to look it up and possibly take the charges back but he said no. I called him a few names and asked why there are so many others that have been charged by his company and he didnt want to discuss that. I suppose I'll be filing the dispute and getting a new card. I feel like somewhere i've used my card before has been hacked as I run good software to protect my self from things like this. BEWARE

• Mi
                    Mihai_G Nov 02, 2013

I noticed an unauthorized charge of my MasterCard from this company dated Oct 28, 2013. The amount is $29.95. I'll have to go through the trouble of disputing this charge. I am wondering if this is not the result of making some on-line purchases with this card in the last 2-3 weeks...
                    My advice: go on-line check periodically the charges on your card.
                    I hope the matter will be resolved before my next credit card bill is issued.

• Cr
                    CRACIUN MARIAN-DANIEL Apr 21, 2013

I leave in MONTREAL - CANADA...my name it is CRACIUN MARIAN-DANIEL...11710 Saint-Evariste, app.502, H4J2A9, ..WHO it is this HACKER.?...in the 12.04.2013...my CANADIAN TIRE MASTERCARD...was charged with amount 42, 84 $ CAD...after I bought some tire for my old car CIRRUS CHRYSLER 1998...

WEN by Chaz DeanU keep sending me products which I have a hold on until May 2013. I want my money put back into my account

I called and told wen to put a hold on my order until May 2013 and U said No problem. I seen that I have a charge in my account that U have taken the money out for an order that I have not placed, I am now overdrawn in my acccount because of ur charge on an order that I didn't place. I want u to return my money in my checking account ASAP> I'm very mad about this whole ordeal. It's sad when I go to get something to eat at a face food store and the bill is only $1.00 that I knew I had in my account and it's declined because of U. I'm frustruated and U can cancel any more business with ur company. I want my money NOW< TODAY I need my money back... Very unfair w how u treated me ...

WEN by Chaz DeanOver charges not returned

On june 2 i ordered a free trial of this conditioner. I returned in on july 2 as i did not like results and the money it cost. Promise was made in writing that i had a 90 day satisfaction period and could return within that time frame which i did. When i called to cancel i was given a run around about a discount etc. When i asked why my c c was charged another charge of 98 i was told that was for a 3 month supply that was being shipped out on the 10th of july. Asked to cancel and credit and i was told by lisa that i could cancel but that i would have to pay the 98. 00 regardless of cancellation. So i informed her that i would refuse delivery as she could certainly stop bogus order if she wanted to and that i was disputing charge with my credit card.

• Pa
                        Patsy3 Dec 05, 2012

I used wen Lavender conditioner for three months, started breaking out on my face with little bumps. Continued to use it because didn't I believe that the reaction was coming from the conditioner. Still didn't believe that it was from the conditioner because when|I Ordered it from QVC Chaz Dean didn't specify the possible allergic reaction from their product.

• 12
                        1234 Disappointed Dec 16, 2011

I my opinion this is just a scam to get your credit card number and continue charging on it. Even though product was refused at post office after they shipped it without my requesting any more shipments, , they have not credited my account and continue to keep charging my card. I have been charged a total of $128. 79 for one bottle of shampoo.

Wen Chaz Deanwon't stop sending product/ continue to charge my card

I wanted to try their product, so I ordered the trial kit. I liked their product, but cancelled due to how much it was every month. I thought that It was resolved and my card continues to be charged. They said I never canceled. Upon sending them proof, I can't get anyone to respond! Going to have to cancel my card and get a new one.

• Br
                          Brenak Apr 04, 2011

I loved the Wen Hair Care Products and tried to order more but was unsucessful, I tried twice and they told me my order was on it's way, but nothing! There was no explaination as to way it was not sent. Their customer service was terrible. How does a company stay in business when they don't fill there orders!

Grc* Chaz Dean — Billing my Credit Card

I ordered from GRC a Wen Hair product so I could get a cheaper Norton Virus Protection and today I found...

WEN by Chaz DeanRefund

I had been seeing their ads for quite some time on TV. My hair was quite dried out from aging and hair coloring so I decided to give the product a try.
                        I went online to sign up to receive it and the first order was only going to cost $29.95. I received the order on October 26, 2011. In with the paperwork for the product, was a message that I would be receiving a new “kit” every four weeks and I could go online or call their 800# if I wanted to change the frequency of the order or the type of product received. I did go online and changed the order to the cucumber/aloe formula and the frequency to every eight weeks.

After using Wen a few times, I realized that although it did moisturize my hair very well, it over conditioned it. I had no body; my hair was as limp as it could be so when I received the new order on November 16, 2011, I did not open it. I took it to the post office on November 17th and returned the package to them. I have confirmation that they received the package on November 19th at 1:30 p.m.

On November 8, 2011, my checking account was debited $70.89 by GRC* Wen by Chaz Dean.

I waited until after the holidays to call them about my refund for various reasons. On 1/9/12, I spoke with CSR Kelly. I tried to explain the problem as succinctly as possible, but she just didn’t seem to understand that the company had debited $70.89 from my checking account. She insisted they had only debited around $10.00 for shipping. Finally, after I stated and restated the problem several times, she told me that if my bank would fax a copy of my statement to their billing department, they would review my account and if a refund was warranted, they would deposit it to my account. I asked how long the refund would take. She said she didn’t know, so I told her I would call back in a week.

The next day, 1/10/12, I went to my bank and watched as they faxed a copy of the debit from Wen to their company. Later that evening, I called back in hopes of speaking with a CSR who was better trained than Kelly. This time I spoke with Shawn. He told me no request for a refund was submitted to the billing department, but that he would do that as we spoke. He also said that there was no notation that they had debited $70.89 from my checking account, but that billing would straighten it out as soon as they received the fax from my bank and his note. I thanked him and asked him how long it would take to receive the refund. He said give them a week and call back.

On 1/16/12, I called and this time spoke with CSR Sarah. She was very personable and seemed to know company policy. She told me she didn’t see any notation that billing had received the fax or that they were working on the problem. She said she would put a note on my account asking them to review the problem. I thanked her and asked her how long before I should see my refund. She said it’s usually two weeks from when they start working on it. I told her I would call back in a week since they already had a week to start working on it.

I called back on 1/24/12 and this time spoke with Hannah. She also was very personable, but obviously bluffing her way along in the call. She just did not know anything about what I had called about even though she had the notes right in front of her. She kept saying, “Give me a minute to read this”, but when she had read it about three times, she still could only give me scripted answers; she could not speak specifically about my issue. She told me it’s supposed to be four to six weeks from when they receive your package back that they refund your money even though it was already almost ten weeks since they had received my package back.
                        Finally on 1/26/12, I received a deposit into my checking account for $5.50. How insulting is that? They won’t let customers speak with anyone in the billing department. The customer service department has to run interference for them, but the customer service department has no clue what’s going on in the billing department and CANNOT answer for them.

There’s probably nothing I can do, but I want customers and potential customers to know this company is a real Rip Off!

• Ho
                            HorribleStuff Nov 29, 2012

I used the product for several months but all that it ultimately did was dry my hair out! My hair started to feel like straw and was extremely hard to comb through. When I called to cancel my account, the representative did her best to keep me from doing so. I repeatedly told her to cancel out my account! She finally obliged and gave me an address to mail the unopened package that I had so I could get a refund. We will see how that goes.

• Lm
                            lmwarner70 Jan 31, 2012

This is why I will not order from Guthy Renker (wenhaircare.com) I only order at QVC or Chaz Dean's website (http://www.chazdean.com) I have heard horror stories about Guthy Renker.

WEN by Chaz DeanWill not refund

Did not like product. Called to return, they sent a return label. Returned product and am still getting notices. Called a second time (First was to return) was told that it just tajes some time for the system to update. Got a notice today, called again - now i'm told that it was not returned in the 60 day window and they never sent me a return label! I have a picture of the return label and bill. I noted that i called on 11 / 3 / 11 on the paper that i took a picture of. I am told that the picture does not matter, that i need a recipe from the post office to prove within 60 days. I don't have a recipe because they paid the postage! They told me on the phone that it takes 1 - 2 weeks to get the label and what they pay fir is slowest postage and they won't take that into acct in the 60day window! I will try to get info from the phone pic to see what date i sent it back to see if post office can get me a receipt! I was never told the 60 day, never told to get a receipt when i called to return. Never told what date i had been sent the product. They refused to deal with me. I asked for fax info of where to send legal information. If i pay, they'll resend the product. . . The product is crap.

• Ri
                              ringwraith Jul 09, 2012

depending on who you talk to in customer service, they may or may not tell you the truth about your account. my earlier comment noted that I wa told they had. o record that I was sent a return label. called them again and got the whole history - why yes there is a record of them sending a return label. also, the collection agency stated that they claimed with them that I had never returned the product... as does Chaz dean continuity - a billing company ... or they just don't have access to that info... today as with previous call, they have a record of them receiving it back. I am told by Chaz that when I pay, I will get my shipment back. not sure what I will do with it but, I want something for my money. we shall see if I get anything back. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT, get postage receipt because that is all they will accept as proof. or better yet- don't even order!!! buyer beware!!!

• Bl
                              Blondie85 Mar 06, 2012

I made the mistake of ordering for a Christmas gift. They put me on an auto-ship and keep sending me product. I return it every time, without opening the box, and they won't refund my money.

• Me
                              melodyalise Feb 26, 2012

I recieved and paid for my first shipment for the product. I since called to cancel because i could not afford and have not recieved any further shipments. I can not afford it yet they keep withdrawing from my bank account.

• Ri
                              ringwraith Jan 27, 2012

I wonder if I pay, get the product and immediately return it, I could get my refund?

Grc Wen By Chaz Dean — Took unauthorized money from my bank account.

I was looking forward to the $33.00 from unemployment to buy my 1 yr old daughter some diapers, but when I...