Chase Bankcustomer cheat

I would like to find an attorney that would be willing to file a class action lawsuit against chase bank and other banks with the same practices. Chase likes to find ways to change the way credits, debits and checks come through the system so that they can charge you nsf fees and make more money. They deny it and state what their practices are but yet from different telephone bankers you get a different story... Anyone game?

• Kr
    Krista Oct 08, 2008

I am anxious to join a lawsuit against Chase. They act like they are untouchable. I have a list of their fraudulent practices especially when it comes to their IRA accounts. They treat a customer with a superiority atitude and lie, lie and lie again. When dealing with Chase, one should always have a tape recorder ready, otherwise they will gang up on you and lie about lying. This is by fat the worst banking institution I ever had a misfortune to come in contact with.

• Cr
    Crier Dec 07, 2008

HERE HERE ... all I have received from their CLAIMS Department is contradictory statements of their own processes, delivered by unprofessional persons who should seek employment that does not include dealing with the public!!

HOW CHASE BANK AND COLUMBIA HOUSE STOLE CHRISTMAS

On August 8, 2008 I purchased some DVDs from Columbia House, the order came to $35.84. The order was shipped missing an item after many emails and phone calls to them I finally got my remaining item but they charged me an additional three times for that one item. After another round of calls and emails I finally chalked it up to a bad experience that I would learn a lesson from.

On October 11.2008 I logged into my checking account to find that I had two pending charges of $99.76 from Columbia House! I immediately called Chase Bank 800 where I spoke to a wonderful supervisor Pat, whom advised that as they were still pending she had been able to reverse them. As a caution she advised that they could submit again as long as they had my card number and provided me the number to the Chase Claims Department.

Immediately I began trying to contact Columbia House via their email process on their website - to this day they have NEVER responded to the dozens of emails that I have sent regarding this issue. Calls are answered by someone not qualified to handle the matter, so a supervisor will need to return your call and that NEVER happens either.

I tried to remove my card information from their site, which the site does not allow you to do! You also can not remove the check mark in the box allowing them to use that information for any future shipments and charges! In frustration I changed the billing information on the card to Big Bird, 123 Sesame Street, New York NY 10001

On October 14, 2008 they again debited my checking account for $99.76 which resulted in CHASE Bank charging me $75.00 and $32.00 for insufficient funds fees.

I contacted CHASE Bank filed a claim and closed that debit card (as they would not file the claim other wise). I provided them with screen shots showing no purchases, no shipments, no pending orders since the August fiasco and was advised by Angel that CHASE Bank would be crediting back the charge and any related insufficient funds fees.

Initially they did credit back the $99.76 and the $75.00 for insufficient funds. CHASE refused to credit the $32.00 as Donnell advised me because a previous request had been made (the $75.00) within a 12-month period.

On November 20, 2008 CHASE bank reversed themselves and took the $99.76 and the $75.00 from my checking account again. I contacted CHASE Claims Department on 11.21.2008 and was advised by Judy that she would re-open the claim and I would receive that information shortly. Several hours later there was still no information received. Again I contacted CHASE claims where upon Andre advised me that I would need to speak with a supervisor whom was currently on another call and would need to call me back.

To date there has been no communication from Judy or Andre’s supervisor, maybe CHASE has Columbia House train the employees in their Claims Department!

Thanks to Grinches at COLUMBIA HOUSE and CHASE BANK there will be no Christmas in our household this year. The theft of over $200.00 from my account by these two supposedly reputable companies has ended any possibility of a celebration of any kind in my household

BE WARNED AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ANYWHERE ELSE

Marie J May 20, 2009

I will definitely join the lawsuit as Chase practices regarding unsufficient fees are unethical. They re-arrange the transactions to make more money. Please contact me at [protected]@aol.com

• En
    enchoo Jun 05, 2009

I wish to join your lawsuit again chase. I am a teacher in NYC. My wife was sent an upgraded gold credit card to their original credit card because the original blue credit card looks exactly like her blue debit card. We find out later that the new card's information did not get the old card's automatic payments so my wife was charged 2 late fees of $45. Later I withdraw some money in the bank at the Forest Hills branch and they ask me to visit a representative and then tell me to upgrade my debit card to a better one with a $25 yearly fee. I said who the "###" are you to offer me an upgraded credit card like this. They suck your blood of money and I just don't like them. Please let me know about your lawsuit and I will join you.

[protected]@yahoo.com

• Mp
    mplsact Jun 05, 2009

I wish I were the attorney you're looking for! I just got screwed by Chase. I got a promotional card to buy one item - I was told the card was interest free within the period of months of the promotion.

First they took my online payment option away - moving the online payment to a different part of the ether world without telling me where. So I missed a payment, and then started incurring fees and finance charges, since one late payment means the promotion is over and out gone. Too bad I was never told that helpful bit of information either. I called and complained and was told by a manager that it's my responsibility and Chase can't do anything about it. I have filed a complaint with the Correspondence Department, but it looks like they don't respond anyway.

Down with Chase. I can't believe that any bank keeps getting away with screwing its customers after last year. I'll sign anything or write anything for this cause. I'm an educated woman and STILL got screwed by Chase. Imagine what Chase gets away with doing to more vulnerable people out there.

• Po
    POd American Jul 31, 2009

I am just like every other consumer and am damn tired of the ###. These big boys think they have the power to jack with their hard working diligent on-time credit card customers. We are nto going to win as 545 poplicymakers in Washington could care less. I say everyone withdraw all your funds form any Chase account and tell chase to shove the credit card debt up their ###. Let em fold! Oh wait Uncle Obama will onyl hand them more monoploy money won't he. Once again - American get the fat finger. Chase can suck my ### !

• Vi
    vita=zee=me1 Aug 01, 2009

I was speaking to a manager in a wamu bank that is now turning into chase and there was some kind of block on our account it was strange . So as she was explaining this to me she was explaining my whole personal account info to every one else in the bank as well. There was no privicy of my account at all.

• Vi
    vita=zee=me1 Aug 01, 2009

IM GAme!!

madashell57 Aug 01, 2009

count me in

madashell57 Aug 01, 2009

chase bank changed the rules overnight- no notice. very bad business practices which I suspect they have put in place to neatly dispose of the lesser WAMU customers. I've had it. Count me in for the class action suit- I am sick to death of bailing out these big companies and getting screwed later as well.

• Ho
    hobi the wookie Aug 04, 2009

Amongst a slew of immoral and devious practices, Chase Bank practices "sorting" where they rearrange your debits in a way that maximizes overdraft charges in their favor. An honest $35 fee (excessive in itself) is inflated to $175. Unbelievably, it's legal. This is a blatant "crime" against U.S. Citizens, nonetheless. One that will never see a courtroom. Withdraw all of your funds from all J.P. Morgan Chase accounts. I'd like to see these executives hung in the public square. Real criminals.

• Tx
    txaccountholder Aug 06, 2009

I would join a class action lawsuit ...More consumer should complain on JP Morgan and Chase to the FDIC they regulate the banks.. --www.FDIC.gov if you search complaint form or go to https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp
    --they may not help you get your money back but if enough of chase customers or saying the samething time and time again then they will listen..Chase has unfair business practices ..This is the federal deposit insurance corpations website..it is a real federal website ..
    I filed a complaint against chase,

• Ko
    KoriaJE Aug 13, 2009

I want in... please let me know what else I have to do @ [protected]@gmail.com

• Ko
    KoriaJE Aug 13, 2009

They pretty much did the same thing to me as they did hobi the wookie...

• Go
    gotfrogs Aug 14, 2009

I don't understand HOW they get away with reordering the debits/credits on accounts. They also put a hold on PAYROLL checks that are deposited and won't even give you cash back when you deposit! Their illegal practices have put me in hole so far it is not even funny. We live paycheck to paycheck and all we want to do is close this account but after reading some of the other comments, I'm afraid that won't even stop them!

• Tl
    tlagrone Aug 16, 2009

Yes...I just became familiar with Chase Bank and what someone else referred to as sorting. I find it horrible that during these difficult times (my husband has been out of work for a year...still trying to find a job) that they just find ways to take money from their customers.

I went to the ATM machine (a Chase Bank ATM machine) to take out some money. Got my money. One day later a check appeared that posted to my account before the ATM withdrawl...so now it is saying that I never had the money in my account in the first place. I have never came across an ATM machine that will allow you to take out money when you don't have it.

• Lu
    lucbre88 Aug 19, 2009

I just found out the hard way about this arrangement of debits to fit their needs. I can't believe this!! I am a single parent of 4 children with no help from my ex husband and I depend on my money. I even work 7 days a week to have enough for our mortgage etc. I knew I had a debit of $317 my very last bill and I knew that it was going to hit the bank and be short some money. I made sure to deposit that shortage of money along with a late fee the same morning it hit. Come to find out they went back 3 days prior to that debit and chose EIGHT transactions and tacked a late fee onto each one of those!! I wanted to cry $210 in late fees!!! I can't go buy groceries now!! I called the bank and was given the lame story that they go by the amount of the transactions and give those priority. I told them..this was made after all my other bills were paid already and cleared, they were not pending transactions they were debit card purchases. The $317 was a check and was the only thing that had not cleared...that is the only item that should have had a late transaction fee. They told me this happened because it was over the weekend. I have proof the transactions they charged me late fees for were made on FRIDAY before noon EDT time and not weekend charges. They pretty much did not care and sounded as if they were reading a damn script. I just submitted a complaint with the FDIC.

• He
    HeathersPyrs Aug 19, 2009

Same problem here. I got smart and withdrew all money out of our accounts. But when I did they charged me 2 NSF fees. So our accounts are now in the negative. Oh well...
    We opened an account with the local credit union.
    It's so nice to have a CU account. They do everything in their power to keep from accessing NSF fees cause they have to account for any $$$ they make.
    So they aren't going to bend us over like Chase.
    So where do I sign up for the lawsuit?

• Be
    Beb Aug 21, 2009

I'm all for it!

• Mj
    mjmor5150 Aug 25, 2009

I was just looking at my chase account and some transactions that had already showed up on my account had been moved. yes largest to smallest. I was 10 over yesterday and 21 under today. i called and said why did you move my transactions that way and of course they said they are doing a legal thing. most of my transactions are debt. i am sorry i thought that they came out automatically. no, pending so they could charge a fee on 1.29 debt card transaction. lawsuit i am in. they want the fees so the ceo can get a big billion dollar bonus while we beg for food. heck the people working get something or they would understand us a little better.

chickeedee Aug 28, 2009

I am so pissed off at Chase. I was a WAMU customer and when we were going to through the transfer into Chase, I called Chase to find out if I would need to find a different bank because in all actuality when you have a bank account at a certain bank, you're banking there because of the service. Well, Chase reassured me that I would get any question I had answered and the same patience and service as before. Well, that turned out to be the biggest load of crap I had ever heard. I don't think that any other bank other than AMCORE screws people over soo much. I really know how to pick 'em...$70 in returned overdraft fees a year! Rearranging debit transactions in order to suit your CEO's need! Taking forever to finalize pending transactions that they deduct from your available balance but not adding your pending deposit so no matter what, even if you have to feed your hungry family, you can't get to your money! I hate this company so much. I have never hated a bank as much as I hate this bank. I hate hate hate hate this bank. I don't know how anyone who works at this bank can sleep at night when they are repeatedly getting up every morning to screw people over again and again. I seriously curse every single one of them. Even if I was going to get a million dollar bonus would I never work here because I have a conscience. I seriously curse them all and hope that they all get into a car accident and die, or maybe some other way of dying. Just as long as they all die, I don't care!

janderson205 Sep 15, 2009

I would be glad to participate in your lawsuit! Just today 9/15/09, Chase socked it to me with 11 overdraft fees because they did not take money as it was used. They changed debits into credits and credits into debits. When I went to the branch to find out what was going on, the CSR Patty told me that it's Chase's policy to "use the highest dollar amount first". IF they had deducted the transactions as they were made, I wouldn't of been issued ANY NSF fees.
    Please contact me: [protected]@cfl.rr.com

• In
    Injustice1 Oct 13, 2009

Count me in!! I'll join a suit.

• Va
    Vanessa72 Oct 14, 2009

I'm in! I've had it with them. I am actually about to file a small claims suit against them.

• Ji
    Jimmie Dallas Oct 16, 2009

Chase received over 25 Billion in bail out money. I am unemployed and recently missed ONE payment. I have never missed a payment over the last 12 years. I called to see if I could pay interest only for a few months and was told NO. I thought the bail out money was supposed to help the consumer but I was obviously very wrong. Chase does not want to work with their customers, but sure were in line for a BIG HAND OUT.

• Sh
    shawnee2 Oct 17, 2009

I am so pisseed off right now with Chase, I wrote 2 checks one dated 10/6/09 and one post dated 10/29/09. Do you chase cashed both checks instead of Chase returning the check dated 10/29/09 as NSF and charging me $30.00 Chase paid both checks and charge me FIVE different fees of $25.00 =$125.00. Spoke with Dashawn who stated it's Chase's policy to pay the highest dollar amount first, which cause all my previous lower dollar amount into a negative status. IF they had deducted the transactions as process I would not be dealing with this mess. I want in please contact me @ [protected]@gmail.com

• St
    Stevencall Oct 20, 2009

citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too citizens bank is cheating perhaps all banks doing it too

• Fi
    fizzah Dec 11, 2009

I am agree with you . On 12/08/2009 my account has more than $300, so I did some shopping . Very next day I received an e-mail from Chase Bank about NFS and about charges. So first I called there and then I go to the bank but their response was Bank is right you have to to pay unsufficient charges ( looks like Boss is always right and opponent
    is stupid ). I think Chase Bank employers not only wants profit by running business also wants buying money of WAMU from the customers.

Angela Roberson Jan 07, 2010

When I called the bank today regarding NSF fees I was told it is, "Chase's policy to use the highest dollar amount first". If they had deducted the lower transactions first, I wouldn't of been issued ANY NSF fees. Instead they chose to pay the highest amount first.
    I had enough money in my account to cover 2 of the items that came in but they chose to pay the highest one first so they could charge me an additional $34.00 for each NSF.
    They don't care to help you out as everytime I call I get the run around. I have been unemployed since October, 2008 and collecting unemployment compensation and can't afford to be charged NSF fees when they are not necessary. Needless to say they would not help me because they can only take off 2 fees off in 12 months.
    I could not help that my direct deposit did not post in time as it should have but they don't care as long as they get their money. They have no compassion for their customers as long as the big wigs have their pockets full.
    Count me in if you find a lawyer to take a class action suit against them.
    [protected]@aol.com

• Jr
    Jrexach Jan 12, 2010

yes...count me in i got ripped off for 200 dollars
    my email address is [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ay
    aypiw Jan 21, 2010

chase is doing the same thing to me. Rearranging debits (pending) and credits to maximize the amount of penalty fees they can charge. In the current economic situation, my employer has put me on part-time hours (since last October) so every dime I DO get is needed to pay bills. after talking with several employees and branch managers all I get is there is nothing they can do. My next step is to register a formal complaint with the federal board that regulates bank practices. I would be VERY interested in ANY kind of class action lawsuit anyone may be trying to do. I believe if ENOUGH people complain to the right places (I'm considering contacting one of the local news stations "special investigative reports" departments if I can't get some sort of resolution through the federal channels) these practices could get changed to something of a more "fairer practice". For the lawsuit I see so many people talking about here (as well as on other sites) count me in and send me details at: [protected]@comcast.net.

• Ay
    aypiw Jan 21, 2010

For those of you that don't know...here is a link where you can file a complaint:

• Az
    AZ victim of Chase Bank Feb 02, 2010

Thank you for your submissions. I thought I was going crazy. My account was fine late yesterday. I woke up to $150 in late fees. My account was completely rearranged so that all my previous little charges would be sure and have a overdraft fee. UNBELIEVABLE!! Will someone PLEASE FIND A LAWYER WHO IS FOR THE PEOPLE! CHASE BANK IS CRIMINAL!!! The same thing happened to my daughter. She had even printed out her account (which was fine) the day before she was slapped with $200 in late fees. PLEASE GET THE CLASS ACTION SUIT GOING. We were sucked in by their $100 offer of opening an account. No one is aware of their practices until it's too late. Why doesn't the govenment step up to the plate and help???

• Je
    JessieC Feb 17, 2010

Long story but here goes... My husband I have a joint checking & individual checking accnts & we always transfer money between accts. Our savings are with ING so no overdraft protection w/Chase since they don't do over draft protection from Checking to Checking acct. (which by the way even with that they charge $10 per transaction).

I knew I was going to be $15 short in my personal checking accnt so I transferred the money from our joint. I have been transferring between accts for the last 3-4yrs now & never had a problem but now Chase has decided that the cut of time for transfers is 8pm Pacific time 11pm Eastern & no transfers on weekends (when before it was all 11pm no matter where you were M-Sa) Lucky for us in the west coast!!! So my transfer did not go through because I made it at 8:30p (even though it was transferring money within the same freakin bank). But that's not the worst part, then they took all the big purchases and ran them first and kept the 3 smallest until the end so I did not just overdraw my acct 1x but 3x so now they are charging me $99 for $12 worth of spending which I had already made a transfer in order to cover!!!

I made two transactions in 1 store. One right after another. 1 for $5 and then 1 for $55 (Same store, same time). they credited the $55 then a bunch of other larger transactions and kept the $5 until the very end with the other 2 small transactions for $3 & $6.

THIEVES!!! I never had a problem with WAMU!

I could understand when you don't have the money and you should balance your check book and all that, but when the money is there (IN THEIR OWN BANK!!!) and you transfer how can they put a hold on that, that is just crazy!!!

I called and spoke with 4 people that gave me 4 different stories, the 1st person said I needed to talk to an online specialist to see when the transaction should have posted, then the online specialist said I was right and that the transaction should have posted and that I should get a credit because the transaction was done before 11pm which is the cut off, but she couldn't do the credit so she had to transfer me to the person that would give me the credit, then he said he couldn't give it to me and gave me totally different info saying that the cut off is 11pm Eastern time only, therefore my transfer was late. Then transferred me to a Supervisor (Lacronya Alexander) who was useless and gave me totally different info than the first 3, she said that the cut off is 8pm no matter where you are!

So am I right, wrong, is the cut off 11p for everyone, 11p Eastern or 8p for everyone. I bet if I call right now I get another totally different answer.

And if they work there and don't know when the cut off really is how do they expect me to know!!!

Just ridiculous, no shame!!! I'm in for a lawsuit contact me at: [protected]@sbcglobal.net

• Cc
    CC2013 Mar 30, 2011

Since I have been locked out of my account for absolutely fraudulent reason by Chase, this is the only way to contact this company. I will soon be closing my account with company and will start legal action due their unlawful actions.

First it took them over six months to close an account that I asked them to do, the just closed it recently when I had to go to the bank becaue they locked me out of my account and I could not use my card, because they closed the card without notifying me, I spoke several customer service people and recieved different answers, I had to wait 3 days to recieve a new card, which interfered with lively hood. Now I am locked out of online acces, the customer service people tell its for overdraft, but the site says it is accessive log in. I do not have time to go up to the bank to get this straighen pout and now there are unknown charges to my account and I have no way of finding out what these charges are because I am locked out. I will be closing all account that I The customer service people have no clue what they are doing, all of their notes are different from the other. Chase practices is unlawful adn I plan talking legal action if my issue is resolved as soon as possble. I want a call and an email from Chase letting me know what has been charged from my account. I want all overdraft fees refunded since I am unable to verify purchases, due to Chase locking me out of my online accounts. The only way I know there been charges is due to mobile alerts! This is uncalled for and I extremely disappointed at Chase practices and the company treats their customers. Well, this company has just lost a customer.

• V4
    v40th Apr 07, 2011

If anyone knows of a good class action lawsuit atty. can anyone let me know. The are starting to raise my mortgage payment by saying that my escrow account is short. my interest rate and insurance have not goneup...so My email is [protected]@hotmail.com Thx

• Jq
    JQ2272 May 02, 2011

I want to join a lawsuit! I just got home from my Chase branch to report an overdraft fee that they put on my account. I'm a student (4.0 GPA) and fine artist, so majority of the time I am very, very tightly budgeted. As a result, I told them that I did not want to be permited to overdraft my account. There are two businesses in the last two months that if the money was not in there, my card was declined there and I'm sure they would remember those incidents. Suddenly they allowed my card to go through at an Exxon and I have an overdraft fee. I explained how this has not happened before, my card will get declined and there has not been any overdraft's on my account until now. They didn't care at all, they showed me a form that I signed, "yes" last July for allowing my card to go through. If that was the case, how come my card has been declined up until now? They were not nice, not caring, did not remove the overdraft and didn't care that I was frustrated and confused over all this. I want to prove, and can, that they have contradictory methods regarding my account.

• Jq
    JQ2272 May 02, 2011

It was not pay at the pump.

• Pw
    Pwandersee Jun 21, 2011

My son has had the same problem. Even to the extent that they held a debt 2 weeks and then when it was going to overdraw him they put it through and caused a cascade affect making him 180.00 overdrawn. They have repeatedly taken out od fees to cause his account to go into the neg . For intance..he had $25.00 in his account, he did a debt for 20.00 they took out the overdraft fee and then put the debt through so he was od 14.00. Is there something being set up about this he just got hijacked today for 115.00 bucks now too. My e-mail is [protected]@yahoo.com. Please e-mail me and lets get these guys!

chaseisgoingdown Aug 30, 2011

I so agree the same thing happened to me and my husband..and when i called customer service I spoke to someone NOT in AMERICA...wtf?? I could barely understand them first of all and when I asked for the policy that states these policies they said they would mail me them, and I asked for them to read to me EXACTLY what it said and they couldnt I got transferred to "manager" who then said she could refund me one of the nsf fees they charged however the was nothing compared to the other 3 they charged illegally...after our direct deposit goes this week we are closing our account!!! thats it thats all!!