Having problems with CEX.IO?

CEX.IO reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 9, 2015. The latest review Lost BTC was posted on May 6, 2021. The latest complaint Unable to withdraw for 2 weeks was resolved on Mar 10, 2021. CEX.IO has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 69 reviews. CEX.IO has resolved 18 complaints.

CEX.IO Customer Service Contacts

2nd Floor, 1-5 Clerkenwell Road
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - EC1M5PA
Correspondence Address
2nd Floor, 1-5 Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1M 5PA, United Kingdom

Local Office Address
Level 39, One Canada Square, London, E14 5AB, United Kingdom

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CEX.IO Customer Service. Initial CEX.IO complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CEX.IO above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CEX.IO. Discuss the issues you have had with CEX.IO and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CEX.IO Complaints & Reviews

cex.ioLost BTC

I had 1 BTC with CEX IO. Suddenly they have frozen my account due to inactivity. I couldn't login to my account. They have told me to verify the documents to unfreeze my account. I have send the documents and it took lot of time to unfreeze the account. When the account become operational, they are saying that, there is no balance in my account.

I have lost BTC, which is a big amount as far as I am concerned.

up111069854

• Gi
      Gijy Jun 02, 2021

I am looking for help. Not getting any response from CEX.IO

cex.ioCEX.IO - cannot withdraw my crypto

I want to withdraw my bitcoin to a crypto wallet but am only given the option of withdrawing to a card (ie Visa). Not a single one of my card transactions to purchase went through so I have no doubt that withdrawing to a card will NOT work. Additionally, I finally found on CEX.IO's site that withdrawing to a Visa in the USA is not supported. So the only option they give me is an option that is not supported. I opened a ticket with CEX.IO March 5th and have heard nothing. user up137127947

cex.ioUnable to withdraw for 2 weeks

2 weeks ago I tried to withdraw £300 in bitcoins from my cex account. They are then supposed to send me an email for me to confirm this (which is unnecessary, no one else does this!), but I never received that.

I phoned and emailed support and even their complaint email address but nothing.

Have they stopped trading?

Terrible customer service. They must do better that this. Dont ignore your customers!

RESOLVED

CEO got involved and resolved the withdrawl email problem.

• Updated by John D Bridges · Apr 13, 2021

After I slated them on LinkedIn their CEO investigated and forund that by selected No Marketing Emails, that has also switched off the Email to confirm the withdrawl.

After he got involved I was able to withdraw OK.

And he vowed to dramatically improive their terrible customer service dept.

cex.ioWire transfer delay

Hello CEX Reps,
        It's been a week and i am waiting for my wire transfer funds to be deposited in my CEX Wallet.

Swift Copy M294180821022226

The phone number on your website answers with "unfortunately we cannot take your call use another communication channel."

And i have sent three emails to [protected]@cex with the swift copy and still no answer .

Please update me on the statues of the transfer

cex.ioUnable to withdraw my funds

I have been with cex.io for 2 years but recently they asked me to re validate my Id which I did. I still cannot get access to my funds even though I have tried to call(no option just says try other methods of contact), put on Facebook and emailed. I did get a reply from support who said that I should be able to access my funds ok but this is not true. Now I can't get any more help. Surely they have no right to hold my money when I have done everything they ask but no help has come my way. My account was ok until end December 2020 so I wonder why things have changed. Any help readily accepted, Dawn

Maher Elkadi Feb 13, 2021

Hello CEXio reps :)

I’m facing a long waiting time now with a new wire transfer. and the previous case’s email reply was a whole week after the previous issue was already resolved on its own by my other complaint on this forum.

So Now another wire payment (500USD) is taking 6 days already and counting...

Please help with where are my wired funds now?

Hello CEXio reps :)

I’m facing waiting time with a new wire transfer. and the previous case’s email reply was a whole week after the previous issue was already resolved by my other complaint on this forum.

So Now another wire payment (500USD) is taking 5 days already and counting...

Please help with where are my wired funds now...

Swift: M294180821022226

Maher Elkadi Feb 12, 2021

Hello CEXio reps :)

So Now another wire payment (500USD) is taking 5 days already and counting...

Please help with where are my wired funds now?

Comments

cex.ioWithdrawal Rejected

I can't withdraw my money (crypto) almost 10 days and I have been waiting for someone from support to contact me almost 20 days. They responded only two times with message that i need to wait and that someone will contact me. I contacted them via email, chat, twitter but i didn't get support. Also they sent me mail that i need to verify my account 3rd time although I already did that 2 months ago for the 2nd time.

Withdrawal Rejected

• Da
                Dawnek Feb 10, 2021

I have the same problem and have no idea what to do next. Have you had any luck. Cheers

Cex.iobtc purchase

This company has an extremely tiresome process for verifying the customer by asking them to upload scans of front and back of an ID and then taking a "selfie" with customer supposed to be holding up their ID.

The only possible means of getting one of these approved is to use a smartphone with the Google Chrome browser and have Chrome take the picture after logging in to the cex.io website. Their Android app is useless and the selfie doesn't work from a desktop PC with webcam. I've only had one transaction approved and that was the purchase of ~0.057 BTC and paying with a debit card.

I have been waiting for three days after requesting that amount be transferred to a wallet address. They escalated this to an Advanced Compliance Officer Friday evening almost three days ago. It shows as Pending, with approval required.

They have stopped replying to my emails askking them what's the hold up. They said that it's in the queue and they'lll get to it. But they don't say when or why they are not transferring a relatively modest purchase of $500 that cleared immediately, and so they have my funds and they refuse to send me the 0.[protected] they purchased for me. My account balances there show $0.02 in USD and zero BTC, but I spend $500 there and they refuse to send me the ~0.057 BTC

When contacting support, make sure to mention youruser ID: up128303638

Is this a scam where they tame people's money? It sure seems so.

RESOLVED

Brian Keeper called me apparently because he saw the complaint I posted here about them letting me deposit funds with one ID a driver's license but in order to withdraw funds he told me in writing that i'd need to provide a second ID, either a national identity card or a passport. Complaining here solved my problem. They transferred the BTC to my wallet and that's the last transaction i'll be doing with them.

• Updated by David I. C. · Oct 07, 2019

Why would it take 72 hours for them to process a very simple withdrawal of my BTC to a wallet address? They don't say. What is the private information being referred to? Every BTC transaction is public, so what is the confidential private information that only a tiny number of their support staff is allowed to access?
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  Ashley Felton (CEX.IO)
                  Oct 7, 17:32 BST
                  Dear David,

Thank you for the request.

I would be happy to assist you, however, your query is related to the private information which I don't have access to, so I have to ask my colleagues from Compliance Department to take a look and provide you with the solution on this matter.

I have already transferred your case with all the details to the Compliance Support Specialist.
                  Please be assured that the response with all the guidelines will arrive at your mailbox soon.

Your patience is highly appreciated.
                  Best regards,
                  Ashley Felton
                  Customer Support Specialist
                  CEX.IO

• Updated by David I. C. · Oct 08, 2019

"When contacting support, make sure to mention your user ID: up128303638 "

RE: Request #947768:

On October 4, I deposited $500 USD to my account from a debit card and it cleared immediately. The customer verification was performed using my state-issued driver's license. At no time did they indicate to me that my funds might be held by them indefinitely if I was unable to provide them with an additional form of ID.

They have given no reason to find any fault or deficiency of my driver's license until I tried to transfer out a relatively modest first transaction. It's not like there's anything suspicious about trying to "buy" $500 USD of BTC and withdraw the BTC.

After the deposit was accepted based on meuploading my driver's license and taking a selfie I converted the $500 to ~0.057 BTC and requested a withdrawal of the BTC to a wallet address.

They never did anything to try to transfer the BTC. My account balance shows $0.02 USD and 0 BTC. Where did my money go? It's in limbo and they won't transfer the ~0.057 BTC to me because they want a second form of identification, which I don't have.

My state-isssued driver's license was good enough to let them take my $500 deposit and they have the cleared funds for over 100 hours by now. They are refusing to transfer the ~0.057 BTC to me because they say they want an additional ID from me.

This is outrageous! It is outright and blatant stealing of customer funds. The amazing thing is that they'd do this for such a small amount. These people must be really sick and desperate to be stealing $500 in this manner.
                  ------------
                  RE: Request #947768:

From Brian Keeper (CEX.IO)
                  Oct 3, 10:35 BST
                  Dear David Chanin,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Please note that you will need to provide second ID in order to get your identity verified. Unfortunately, it cannot be accepted based on your driver's license only.

We apologize if you are inconvenienced in any way.
                  Best Regards,
                  Brian Keeper
                  Compliance Support Specialist
                  CEX.IO

• Updated by David I. C. · Oct 08, 2019

I have no other ID to provide. I ssent you high-quality 1200-dpi scans of my NM driver’s license.

You accepted that ID as good enough to let me deposit $500 and that cleared immediately.

So you had my money right from the get-go. And you let me convert USD to BTC. But you failed to honor your 24-hour timeframe to transfer the funds out. And days later you find a Brian Keeper whose name is very apt if his job is to steal money from your customers.

I enabled international calling on my telephone so I can call you people in the UK and report your fraudulent business to the local authorities.

Maybe another person would just it and accept the $500 loss but I will keep pestering you and filing complaints to your police or whomever, because this is outright FRAUD to take my money based on my driver’s license and then after a few days to ponder it, you come up with the excuse that I need additional ID card(s) in order for you to provide the service you promised to deliver.

• Updated by David I. C. · Oct 08, 2019

If there is anything deficient about the ID I provided to them, they have not given any indication of their reasons for keeping my ~0.057 BTC in limbo, with the transfer shown as Pending Verification, and they keep telling me that I have failed to provide them with proper ID.

Well, if that's so and it took them a full day to realiize that, then itt was their mistake to be taking my deposit in the first place, n'et pas? And then the only logical and sure path of rectification would be for them to refund my $500 back to its source account.

They do have a refund policy and a refund application which they say must be requested from them. I have requested the refund form, but they have ignored that request, and I am now requesting a full refund of my $500 back to the funding account.

At four days later than my expected receipt of the ~0.057 BTC I no longer have need for such. Therefore, please issue me an immediate $500 USD refund, or you could explain right here to the world your justification to be taking my $500 in this manner to enter it into limbo by listing it as a pending transfer, (pending Godot, ) and withholding my funds indefinitely, an act which is very aptly termed theft or stealing.

It is an outrage that this outfit is so deranged and criminal and desperate enough to steal a customer's $500 in this manner. If they steal my $500 so blatantly they'll have no compunction in stealing your $5 K or $50 K.

• Updated by David I. C. · Oct 08, 2019

Since my ID is not good enough for them, after they close my account by issuing a full $500 refund, they can bar me forever from doing any business with them. God help anyone stupid enough to send them money after seeing how they treat their customers. If I'd checked the complaints here prior to funding that account I wouldn't send them my money even if they were the only cryptocurrency exchange in the world, which they're not.

• Updated by David I. C. · Oct 09, 2019

The reason I'm so angry is their utter arrogance and superiority in addressing the customer who failed to follow their new rule of requiring two forms of ID to withdraw purchased BTC, while only one form of ID is required to deposit funds there. I must have submitted my ID at least ten times to them after seeing their message to do it again, and again, and again, stupidly believing that they couldn't read the pictures. No, if they don't like your ID they send the same exact message every time. It doesn't matter where your supposed mistake was, maybe you mistyped the driver's license number or you made a mistake in the issue and expiration dates, all of which have to be entered on a form, or if they don't like one of the three photos you supply, front of ID, back of ID, and a "selfie" holding your ID, well, God help you in knowing which of item they didn't like. Because they don't tell you what you did wrong ... only that you have to do it again, and again, and again.

Errors in Identity Verification Application
                  There are some errors in your verification application form.

Your identity document was rejected because:
                  Obligatory documents missing

Your selfie was rejected because:
                  Additional photo/info is needed

Compliance officer's comments:
                  1. We kindly ask you to upload a photo of your national ID card (both sides) or a national passport (both pages clearly seen, open like a book). 2. Please upload readable focused selfie with this document in hand.

• Updated by David I. C. · Oct 09, 2019

Just now as I was adding the exact message they sent me ten times leading me to resubmit my driver's license ten times my phone rings and it's CEX.IO calling with Brian Keeper on the phone, with a heavy Russian accent.

He told me that I was wrong in thinking they wanted an additional form of ID to withdraw my BTC to my own private wallet. He said that they have had many fraudulent transactions and they needed to talk to me to verify that the wallet address I gave them on October 3 was my own wallet address. I said, yes, of course, and I suggested to him that someone who is native English speaker read the message they sent me telling me to resubmit my identity documents, because that's not what CEX.IO has been telling me is the reason for not going through with the withdrawal of ~0.057 BTC. Mr. Keeper assured me that the transfer would now go through. I'll check back later giving them at least an hour for the transaction to be verified and appear in my wallet.

Received 9:12 am 0.[protected] BTC

Glory Hallelujah!

• CEX.IO's response · Oct 10, 2019

Dear David I. C.,

Thank you for sharing your perspective on the overall situation with us.

Please accept our apologies if the procedure looked to you cumbersome or bring some inconveniences.

After mindfully checking your commentary posted here, we have noticed the points that could have been misunderstood. So, we would like to bring more light and clarify it for you. We do hope that it can smooth your impression of our company.

Here at CEX.IO, we seek to bring the possibility of crypto trading to our customers in a safe, regulated and efficient manner. So certain verification procedures have been developed and must be passed by every user.

So let's begin with the question about the private information and why certain agents do not have access to such kind of details.

As you may notice, our Support Team is stratified in different sub-teams in order to efficiently process the users' requests. You were going through two different procedures: Obtaining Identity Verification level (which requires a National ID to be sent for completion) and precaution security check which in some cases performed to ensure users' funds' safety.

Only authorized personnel from our Compliance Department can proceed with both of the procedures as they have the appropriate information access level needed. That is why your requests were transferred accordingly.

Before we were able to verify that the transactions are being conducted directly by you, the withdrawal option has been suspended.

Then, after additional confirmation by phone, this function was resumed and your withdrawal was processed normally.

This function availability was not connected to the documentation we requested for Identity Verification as you may assume and we are sorry for provoking such misunderstanding.

We hope for your understanding and further fruitful cooperation with you.

cex.io — cex.io mastercard withdrawl

I opened an account in December 2017 with $100 USD and I was going to buy Bitcoin. When I read that the...

cex.iokyc/aml information request with deposit suspended without reason and ignorance

I used cex.io to deliver my mining profits, with time I relay on them but at a sudden, cex.io suspended by deposits and requested to fill a form for kyc/aml with other information requested, so I submitted quickly now over a week no response nothing, just destroying my business. I keep sending msgs but no answer, just ignorance, they are totally not reliable.

They accuse me of doing illegal activity but I am sure I have done none, so I don't know what they are looking for, I even offered them my accounts passwords just to speed things up and prove to them they are wrong, but seems they don't like to be found wrong, I don't know what they are doing, I don't know what they plan, I don't know if they even looked into my matter, I all I know I am loosing day by day until I find and get my self verified with another exchange.

• CEX.IO's response · May 29, 2018

Dear fadhelbh,
                    Thank you for your post.

Please be informed that both international and local regulations require CEX.IO to implement effective internal procedures and mechanisms to prevent money laundering and any kind of illegal activity and we can assure you that AML/KYC check is a regular process for any active user on our platform.

In order to provide you with a detailed answer, we kindly ask you to let us know your user ID or ticket number.

We are sorry for the inconvenience

• Updated by fadhelbh · May 29, 2018

This is the same answer I received in other forum, I provided the with my ID and didn’t hear back from them.

The point here they cannot punish users without proof, it is fine implement the procedure for AML as per regulations but unless the user don’t provide info, then suspend his account partially or fully.

• CEX.IO's response · May 30, 2018

Dear fadhelbh,

Please accept our apologies for all the inconveniences the issue might have caused you.

Kindly be informed that some services of our platform might be temporarily suspended until an obligatory AML/KYC procedures for the account are not completed yet. It is a standard process we need to follow and it is not intended to punish our users, but to stay compliant with the international and local regulations. However, the procedure usually takes some time as all the information should be checked very carefully.

In case our users provide all the requested and relevant information, all the services are enabled after the procedure completion. Thus, cooperation on this matter is very important.

Please let us know whether your request was solved and if you still need assistance on this matter. And kindly provide your user ID, so we can check the status of your inquiry and speed up the process for you.

We sincerely hope for your understanding and cooperation.

• Updated by fadhelbh · May 30, 2018

First, As per your terms you have no right to suspend my deposits, as per general laws, the amount I was depositing was very small to be considered under AML. So in that case you should request information without my account suspended. Give your self some time to read, please understand your work. Again who did hire you?!!

Second, I sent many massages, I don’t get a response to my requests. Like when this will finish, or have you sent a confirmation that my information was received? Have you sent an update like usual customer service will do, like, sorry for the delay your request is still processing, so I know I am not forgeten, etc.

All you have sent was a threat to suspend my account when I tried to get your attention, which i did and within 30 minutes you finish my AML problem after 9 days!

Go look into my activities and show everyone here that you can give a proof that you did, give a screenshot that you did it properly.

Stop sending the crap you send above and send something with proof, i dare you if you can.

I am wating for your response...

• CEX.IO's response · May 30, 2018

Dear fadhelbh,

We are sorry about delay in resolution of your case.

Please be informed that Complaints Board is only the additional support channel for the minor tips and guidance and our Users’ personal data must not be shared here due to security purposes. All such requests should be investigated by the Compliance Team via the main communication channel. Thus, for the above mentioned reason, we can not provide you with any screenshots or proofs here.

Besides, you haven't provided your user ID and we are not able either check your particular case or consider providing some proofs. We would like to emphasize that we have requested for it twice in order to help you.

But as you have already mentioned, AML/KYC procedure had been already completed for your account.

In order to get more thorough knowledge as for our AML/KYC policy, we kindly advise you to check the following link: https://cex.io/aml-kyc
                    Please also pay attention to the clause 3.2 of our AML/KYC policy:

With regard to the AML/KYC Policy, CEX.IO will monitor all transactions and it reserves the right to:

- ensure that transactions of suspicious nature are reported to the proper law enforcement through the Compliance Officer;
                    - request the User to provide any additional information and documents in case of suspicious transactions;
                    - suspend or terminate User’s Account when CEX.IO has reasonable suspicion that such User engaged in illegal activity.

Kindly let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Okay, here is my id up109744031
                    Note that I have provided it to you in other forum, then I heard nothing from you, the forums is a proof that you haven’t response back.

I was expecting you to say that you can’t share screenshots here, okay, you know my id now, so send me the screenshots proving that you have done what you should do and I will share it here, prove that you have informed me correctly and responded to me correctly.

• Updated by fadhelbh · May 30, 2018

And what suspicious transactions I have made?!

All my transactions was small amounts that in total about $1000 a month. I have made one transaction of $2000 between 2 cards that both under my name and both verified by you.

None of the above considered suspicious transactions for money laundering by any financial or law entity, if you say the otherwise can you submit a link to law or legal or government entity says the otherwise and confirm that my transaction was suspicious transactions?!

You have suspended my deposits wrongly? So you need to proof that you did it correctly, at least to me. Don’t tell me it is your procedure and you were following it, money laundering guide lines is set my governmental entity and you must be following one.

You have to either proof that you responded and handled my case correctly or provide official apology to me through your help desk.

Whatever you send to me will be shared here to everyone that considering dealing with CEX.IO in future.

I am just an frustrated customer who was a victim to CEX.IO unregulated rules, cause me financial loses and time wasting.

I am sure this will highlight how CEX.IO can improve, but as start CEX.IO should admit it.

• CEX.IO's response · May 31, 2018

Dear fadhelbh,

As we can see your case has been successfully solved. AML/KYC procedure has been completed for your account and all the services were enabled. Due to decision of our Compliance officer, the details of the investigation can not be disclosed in any case.

Should you need any assistance, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team via the next channels:

https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/requests/new - Help Centre
                    https://www.facebook.com/CEX.IO - Facebook
                    https://twitter.com/cex_io - Twitter

We would be glad to assist you 24/7.

• Updated by fadhelbh · May 31, 2018

I made my point and I guess everyone here knows how you treat a customer.

You can’t give proof simply because you don’t have it, why do you lie and say we can’t disclose it here?! Just say you don’t have it.

• CEX.IO's response · Jun 07, 2018

Dear fadhelbh,

We would like to apologize for all the inconveniences AML/KYC procedure might have caused you.

We take every comment and feedback very seriously as we are doing our best in order to improve our service. Please rest assured that we do really care about each our user. And we were trying to reach you via the phone several times in order to explain all the details of the AML/KYC policy and to apologize for the stressful and tiresome process but there was no response from you.

Kindly be informed that we strictly follow KYC/AML policies. We are obliged to make this procedure mandatory for our users in order to ensure a safe trading environment on our platform and compliance with the regulations in the countries where we are active. Therefore, we need to verify our users identity and understand their activity. That was the reason you were asked to complete the procedure and we are glad that your case has been successfully solved.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

cex.iodeposits

I deposited 2BCH (approx 3000 USD) in cex.io at March 6th.
                  Today is May 10th and I don not have those 2 BCH into my balance yet.

I only have a message in my transaction list that says:
                  "Payment is being checked by compliance. Please check your email for details."

For sure, there was nothing to check in my mail inbox. Then I tried communicate with them. They initially answered my emails (asking for documentation and so). I provided everything they asked (despite I've been working with them for months without any problem). Nothing was solved, and they finally told me that the problem escalated to higher levels.

I continued asking but since one month ago they do not answer to my emails (I just get an automated response about each request was received).

I also tried reported the case into their "issue report tool" providing all the required information: blockchain reference, etc. No answer from them.

I feel scammed.

Dear Pablo Inigo Blasco,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take every comment very seriously as we are doing our best in order to improve our service.

Kindly be informed that we have certain procedures that are obliged to ensure compliance with high international standards and policies. And in order to prevent and mitigate possible risks of CEX.IO being involved in any kind of illegal activity we may request our users to provide some additional information. And some services of our platform might be been temporarily suspended until an obligatory AML/KYC procedures for the account are completed.

We would be happy to assist you with your particular case. Kindly provide your user ID and ticket number, so we can investigate your request.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience the issue might have caused you.

On behalf of CEX.IO,
                      Social Networks Specialist

cex.iocex.io btc deposit pending for weeks

I sent bitcoin (BTC) to my CEX.io exchange account and it has been put on PENDING for almost 3 weeks now by CEX, despite being confirmed successfully by the blockchain. Even though my account has worked for over half a year I was asked for more documents to submit for verification, I submitted these back to them but their compliance department is doing nothing about it and my money remains locked away from me. Whenever I submit request to support, they tell me it will be escalated to compliance department, but then they never reply. Open ticket #728332. Awful service and lack of communication, very stressful and worrying and I know this website is causing a lot of other people the same stress.

Dear middlelee89,
                        Thank you for bringing our attention to your case.

Your BTC deposit was frozen because your account is under investigation by our Compliance Department.

Please be informed that we provide our services in accordance with strict AML/KYC rules, which were developed by international legislation and specific demands of particular government. Because of this, we are authorized to request our users to provide us with information that can confirm the origin of their funds. This statement is mentioned in our “Terms of Use“ and “AML/KYC Policy”.

Please do not worry, this is just a regular check for any active user.

We would like you to know that your email with requested data was received and passed to the relevant department. Compliance Office will provide you with an update in the nearest time

Thank you for your understanding.

cex.ioincorrect way of charging card

up118582514 - CEXIO has charged my card incorrectly as cash advance instead of credit card purchase. I have added my credit card ending with 8844 Master Card. I have made a transaction of $103.89, but instead of charging the card as credit card purchase, CEX.IO charged the card as cash advance. I was charged heftily for the cash advance. All my friends has used the same way and it was a credit card purchase transaction for them but me CEXIO failed very greatly by making my experience a disaster. Please compensate for the loss I incurred and time am wasting in raising requests with my bank and CEX.
                      I have raised multiple requests but they all get a lackluster reply.
                      Request Number - 690169. On this I get a reply saying for Master Card this is how they charge. But I have my friends using Master Card and they did not face this issue (example user name up118158298 ; Sanjib)

incorrect way of charging card

Dear Ravi Chandra Kyasa,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Kindly be informed that payment processors both Visa and Mastercard have reclassified the way cryptocurrency purchases are processed on their networks. Such transactions are now being labeled as a “cash advance” rather than a “purchase.”

And in order to let our users know about current updates, we have posted the information on our official blog. Kindly check the article on this matter: https://blog.cex.io/news/card-maintenance-17053

Please kindly note that due to those changes the fees may be charged by your payment card issuer as they take the decision regarding the funds processing method according to their policy. And your payment card issuer is required to disclose the method it uses to calculate your cash advance fee.

Unfortunately, it is the regulator's decision. We can not affect it somehow but have to follow in order to provide our services.

Thank you for understanding in advance.

cex.io — return of funds

I am up101050255. I deposited funds in December. After a disagreement about documentation I asked for my...

cex.iocex.io funds not refunded

I transferred us$10, 000 on 14 january 2018. The deposit got rejected because of incorrect reference number. Cex informed me they have processed my refund on 6 feb 2018 and it can take upto 20 business days for the bank to process.
                        Till today, I have not received my money back. I have emailed them multiple times and they just tell me it's under process by the bank. Not acceptable anymore!

Id: up108984857

Dear A.Ali,
                            We are sorry for the delay with reply on this forum.

We do not have enough data to locate your case. In order to provide you with more accurate answer, we kindly ask you to give us your ticket number.

• GregariousGreg007 Mar 29, 2018

And I think I know just the righ Law Firm for this type of issue

• Tj
                            TJ Morgan Mar 22, 2018

Get yourself a good law firm

• GregariousGreg007 Mar 08, 2018

I'll advice you to take the legal route against them before it's too late.

cex.iomy money not received back from cex.io

My client ID at CEX.io is up111613206

My ticket number is #551417.

CEX.io emailed me and said that they had sent my money back on 18th January 2018 after more than a month from the first correspondance.

and CEX.io still hasn't send my money back.

CEX.io closed my tickets with the explanation below

"This is an email to remind you that your ticket (#551417) has been pending for 3 days and will be sent to our temporary halt section due to inactivity. You can always reopen the ticket by replying to this email."

As a desired solution, I would like to have my money back today.

Related email from CEX.io on 18th Jan 2018:

Bill D (CEX.io)

Jan 18, 10:11 GMT

Dear up111613206,

Thank you for patience.

Funds were send back.

Please note that SWIFT can take 3-5 banking days for banking system to process this transaction.
                          In some cases it can take up to 14 banking days to process your transaction.

Thank you for understanding on this matter.
                          Best Regards,
                          Bill
                          Finance team

• Updated by Orkun · Mar 12, 2018

I couldn't get any response from anybody. What should I do?

• GregariousGreg007 Apr 06, 2018

Hello I'm Greg. My best advice is that you stay away from trading & focus on recovering your funds.
                              I started trading binary options over a year ago through Binary Tilt, Banc De Binary & Citrades who unfortunately for me happened to be unregulated brokers. Everything was fine till I tried withdrawing they gave me one long story after another. I invested over $140, 000 in total, I wrote emails, made several calls, still I got no feedback whatsoever on what was going on with my withdrawals.
                              I hired a refund solution professional/ Legal Team who recovered $700, 000 within weeks which included punitive damages. Feel free to reach out, I'd be happy to help. [email protected]

cex.iounable to withdraw usd cash

up108905679 I invested $1k in Aug 2017 and when Bitcoin hit its peak, I pulled $2k out in Dec 2017. Now I am trying to get the money into my bank. I keep trying to get my card verified for withdrawals but they never give me the option. I have sent five emails to support and none have gotten a response. No apparent issues getting my card verified for deposits but I am being denied the ability or help to retrieve my cash.

cex.ioaccount blocked, money disappeared.

user id111459317
                              I registered at cex.io, visa card was verified.
                              14.12.17 I invested ~300$. screenshot of bank transactions attached.
                              24.12.17 I had 460 and bought ripples. I made screenshot of Transaction history and logged out.
                              25.12.17 I'm not able to login as website is rejecting my login. At the begining it was rejecting my 2FA, after some time I've got login failed issues, so I cant get to the 2fa code check screen..
                              At the same time I have access to my account via cex.io app, I see all transactions history, but as every body knows cex.io didn't included money withdrawals history to the app (now I understand why) so I cant prove I didnt withdraw money.
                              So my balance is completely zero, nothing!

Sent request to support cex.io - no reply.

cex.io — withdraw severely delayed

Date of the incident: 29 Nov 2017 Client number: up110992904 Description: CEX.IO is a digital currency...

cex.iounable to withdraw

Cex.io is a scam site... Been over a month not able to withdrawal.. Very quick in taking the money but time to withdrawals you get stupid stupid ridiculous email excuses to why its not possible to withdrawal... I have sent them over 10 emails for them to fix the issue and release the funds... But always getting the same emails... Please anyone who reads this please don't put your money there... They are scammers with will steal your money, plus the site is very buggy. I [censor] hate these people... Stupid idiotic fools... Stay away from the site or else you will end up in my position.

unable to withdraw

cex.iovisa debit card withdrawal issue

I've a serious problem with CEX.io withdrawal.

Five to seven days before I've made eight different withdrawal requests with total amount of 12.000$. Although all of them are stated as completed in CEX.io web site, till now nothing was reflected to my debit card. I've contacted with my bank and they also did not get any transaction from CEX.io neither successful nor failed.

The most annoying thing is, I've raised a ticket on 11th of January and they did not read the case and set the case as resolved with a common template answer. Then I raised a second ticket stating that they did not resolve my case and guess what, they did not read it and replied with same common template again. And finally they replied it and state that
                                  "they are sorry for delayed reply. Due to extremely high load of requests it will take us extra time to resolve your issue. " But no progress yet.

Desirable Resolution : I've requested from them that if they are not able to solve the issue, perform the cancellation all of the withdrawals from me and return the amount to my CEX.io balance but no answer from them yet.

First Ticket : 620173
                                  Second Ticket ( In open status ) : 622728
                                  Client id : up107882695

In summary, It's been a week and still did not get any proper response from this company. If i do not get a proper solution i will also report that company to fraud department.

Regards