Having problems with APMEX?

226 Dean A. McGee Ave.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with APMEX.

Complaints & Reviews

Jun 03, 2019

Apmex — horrible experience attempting to sell bullion to apmex

I will start by saying I am a veteran precious metals investor who had been an APMEX customer since December...

APMEX, Inc.Gold sales

I had put in an order but the APMEX system will not take ACH or personal checks.So I called and they said it needed to be an Bank wire and it could not be a personal check (lie # 1). So I went to my bank canceled the ACH and called them asking if they would cancel the order. They said I would be charged "fees" for the canceled order even after I explained I needed the money for medical expenses that arose over the last week. Then they tryed to take funds from my checking account (see lie # 1) He said they will take me to collections. What wonderful customer service!!!The items have not been paid for or shipped, all they need to do is cancel the order.

ApmexPoor customer service

I placed an order on a Saturday night, and chose to pay by wire transfer. I was given an account at JPMorgan Chase to wire funds to, so I immediately set up the wire transfer with my bank. The wire was sent at 11am on Monday, which was the next business day. By 4pm, the funds were wired back to my account minus the wire fee, the returned item fee, and the return wire fee. I called APMEX to confirm the account info that they gave me, which was documented on a confirmation email, and was told by their rep that they changed banks that day. They then preceded to give me the new bank info without an apology, and asked me to re-wire the funds. I complained that I lost $58 in fee due to their failure to notify me of their change in bank accounts. The rep said he would speak to a supervisor and call me back. A day later, I emailed the rep just to remind him to speak to his supervisor. I heard nothing. I submitted a complaint in writing on their website. The next day, I get an email with a $25 gift certificate. No apology. No explanation. I responded to the email and explained that I can provide documentation that their mistake cost me $58. A day later, I get another email telling me they voided the prior certificate and now issued me a certificate for $50 towards a $3, 000 purchase. Again, no apology or explanation. This company takes no responsibility, and is uncommunicative.

• Br
        Brucecovvexeno Feb 25, 2015

I purchased silver from apmex, they cashed my check they got their money on 2/23 but they say they cant ship my metals till mar 3rd, they say my check has to clear! WT[censored] my bank paid that check on the 23rd THEY HAVE THEIR [censored]ING MONEY AND I DONT HAVE MY SILVER, , , , , , , , , SCREW THESE ###S

Apmex — product lousy customer service worse

BOUGHT SILVER FROM THEM 2ND PURCHASE FIST SMOOTH NICE OTHER COMPANYS PRODUCT. PURCHASED THROUGH THEM THIS...

ApmexDISHONEST AND LIAR Company and People !!

I bought more than $5000 of silver coins and rounds, they sent all Canadian "BU coins" in crappy condition : circulated, used, dirty and finger printed !!

They charge and ads the coins as BU condition ...not even close !! I can get that kind of junk coins in my local shop for 20% less, no S&H fees and no waiting time !!

They bet you won't complain a bit !! Bunch of useless and dishonest people they work out there !!

Watch out guys, APMEX is a pure old fashion scam !! I pay a $4 over the spot price to get cheap and valueless coins !!

I may pay a little more but EBay is a better option ...or find a honest dealear, I am done with APMEX !!

Apmex.comThey sound friendly, but are very unprofessional and provide zero customer service

They SOUND friendly, but are very unprofessional and provide zero customer service. They held my check for 8 days, telling me it didn't arrive, then would not ship my order until 11 days after my check had CLEARED my bank. They would take no responsibility whatsoever for their screw-up, leaving me with no way to secure my order before I left the country for several months.

There's lots of places to buy precious metals - give these guys a miss!!

• Tn
            TNhere Apr 15, 2011

Similar thing happened to me. They charged me a cancellation fee...and I never even cancelled my order. By the way the cancellation fee was $35.00 and I have nothing to show for it now...no coins. Oh well...they cancelled the order. I would say...their loss. But actually it was their gain...as they got $35.00 out of me for nothing.

• Go
            Goober903 Apr 04, 2013

Ahhhh...yeahhh...same here, they cancelled my order and charged me cancellation fee, I never cancell either; and their website is a scam too; took my bank info but still never ship me anything and now they cancell it for whatever reason they want to, and charge me $35.40, and their reps. do sound like untrained unfreindly people, they think the customers are stupid; WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! DO NOT BUY anything from this company.

• La
            Lady Rachel Jan 15, 2016

Deceptive, Incompetent, Arrogant ~ these are the words I used when they called me. Of coarse they were not cancelling my order, merely raising the price of my order by $420, BUT, if I wanted to cancel they would be nice enough to not charge me $35 cancellation fee. Wasn't that kind??!?? Beware of false PRICES as my order was 5 days old when APMEX "changed" it. Also beware of the extreme belittling you will receive if they call you after placing an order ~ which I hope you won't !!!