Cathay Pacific Airways Logo

Cathay Pacific Airways

Having problems with Cathay Pacific Airways?

1800 233 2742 (United States)
1800 268 6868 (Canada)
800 917 8260 (United Kingdom)
131 747 (Australia)
+852 27 477 838 (Head Office, Hong Kong)
+43 15 852 742 (Austria)
+32 80 081 871 (Belgium)
+45 33 154 033 (Denmark)
+31 707 709 574 (Netherlands)
+351 217 986 988 (Portugal)
+41 445 112 236 (Switzerland)
+852 27 473 333 (Hong Kong)
+64 800 441 289 (New Zealand)
+65 67 231 378 (Singapore)
+27 800 611 206 (South Africa)
+82 234 835 395 (South Korea)
+54 115 274 1600 (Argentina)
+852 27 473 344 (All Other Countries (Hong Kong)
Cathay Pacific City, 8 Scenic Road, Hong Kong International Airport

P.O. Box 91, 8058 Zurich

Turkey
Cumhuriyet Cad. 185/1, Harbiye, Istanbul 34373, Turkey

China
28/F, East Tower, Twin Towers, B-12 Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, China

Indonesia
Kuta Paradiso Hotel, Jl. Kartika Plaza, South Kuta Beach, Tuban – Bali

Japan
Island G, 3F, International Terminal Building, Fukuoka Airport

Philippines
12/F Ayala Life FGU Center, Mindanao Ave. cor Biliran Rd, Cebu Business Park, Cebu City, Philippines 6000

Saudi Arabia
406, Albanderieh Centre, 28th Street, P.O. Box 2492, Al Khobar 31952

Singapore
230, Victoria Street, #11-01/02 Bugis Junction Towers Singapore, 188024

South Korea
4/F, Trade Centre, 87-7, 4-Ga, Jungang-dong, Jung-gu, Busan, Korea

United Arab Emirates
  • Ground Floor Showroom No. 1, 10 Epico Bldg, Liwa Street, P.O. Box 279, Abu Dhabi
  • Ground Floor, Al Shoala Building, Port Saeed, Deira, PO Box 4868, Dubai
Argentina
462, Lavalle St., 2nd Floor, Buenos Aires, C1047AAJ, Argentina

Brazil
Rua Helena, 280, CJ 1101/1102 – Vila Olimpia, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Mexico
World Trade Center, Montecito 38, 26th floor / piso 26, Mexico City, 03810

Complaints & Reviews

Lost the plot and should be downgraded

Cathay Pacific Airways - www.cathaypacific.com

I have been a Cathay Pacific loyal customer for over 15 years. I have always spoken well and promoted them as a consistently good carrier but now realize I was trying to justify my long term relationship. My latest bad experience on both legs of a return flt Sydney to HKG in Business Class. Boarding Sydney, I was presented with my seat (11A) which I found filthy. Dirty 'used' tissues stuffed down the seat and other dirty tissues and rubbish left in my storage pockets. Sticky substance on the drink tray area. Not a good start for a $7467 AUD Ticket. The rest of the flt uneventful. Return trip - the 'Pier Lounge' at HK had a meagre range of snacks - hot food had all gone with a cooked meal choice of noodles or wonton soup. About 30 minutes later they restocked the sandwich and dimsum rack. The staff were neutral and certainly not friendly. The toilets reeked, were shabby, with waste paper spewing out over the floor - Business Lounge !!

On boarding CX101 I found the aircraft to be an old Airbus 330 in need of a renovation or scrapping. My seat appeared broken and unable to recline properly and the seat position was extremely uncomfortable with bad leg rest position etc. Bottom line, a shockingly uncomfortable trip which left me in severe pain in the lower back and legs. To add insult to injury, the entertainment was an ancient tiny screen which was blurred and almost mono-colored, video streamed from the central units i.e. no 'On demand' at all, some movies were unwatchable due to pixellation or broken sound, dodgey headset connection etc. I requested another seat - was refused. Requested to see the captain - no response. Was told the airline should have contacted me to warn the aircraft was an 'old' one bought in service due to a breakdown. I was not contacted, the Business Lounge did not mention anything (buck passing). Overall an insulting experience and my memory now recalls all the previous flight issues which broken seats, bad (non functioning) sound equipment, dirty cabin areas, older style entertainment - and the list goes on. The competitors have on call video in Economy and -n over all far better cabins and service.

Cathay has lost it totally. Try to upgrade with your points...."Seats unavailable" "seats unavailable". They are a joke and should be now listed as a 2 Star outfit. Obviously bad management who don't care. r

Review other reports to see the lack of interest paid by the 'complaints' department of Cathay Pacific. My flight in business for $7467 AUD was worse than the worst economy flight. Unacceptable Cathay. Get your act together.

Rip off price

After 12+ years as a loyal customer and approx. 60+ flights with Cathay, I am unhappily report that they have totally lost the plot re: the condition of their aircraft, management and service. I just arrived back from a Business Class flight Sydney Hong Kong return for which I paid $7467 AUD. The inbound flight to HKG was OK but my seat was filthy with dirty used tissues stuffed down the back of the seat, in the pockets and sticky mess covered the table/bench area. The return flt was a sad joke with an ancient A330 where my seat was broken leaving me with chronic back pain after the 8 1/2 overnight flight. I was assuredthat I would be contacted by the airline as I lodged a serious compliant on the aircraft including a request to inform the Captain. The Entertain system was a pathetic joke and overall a terrible experience with still no response from Cathay. I also have a bunch of 'Marco Polo - Asia Miles' Points which are virtually impossible to use to upgrade or use for flights. Shame on Cathay and they should be downgraded to a 2 Star level.

• Mk
    MK Yap Nov 15, 2007

Indeed I had similar experience during last 3 weeks .... on 3 different flights ! The first one was 4 weeks in their brand new and so proud 777-300ER from HK-> Seoul where my in-flight entertainment was broken. The crew politely said "it's a brand new aircraft and even some business class seats had the same pb", which if I translate in my own words : "That's it ... and stick with it". Of course, no question about compensation as I was so lucky to be in their "brand new" aircraft...

The second one was last week from Singapore --> HK, where my seat was also broken as yours. Explanation : "The aircraft is too old" ... oh yes thanks I noticed that myself. The crew tried to fix the seat with blankets and cushions, but of course they didn't help much...Compensation ? Never heard about that...

The last one was also last week from Seoul --> HK (yes I travel a lot ;)) where the entertainment system was explicitly shut down by the Captain as it was overheat ... Explanation : "It's too dangerous if we keep the system up and running"...

Compensation ? It was actually question when we were on board but once we landed in HK and whole crew becomes amnesic...
    I'm a French business traveler, originally based in France but move to HK recently... and god knows how "good" the services are in France. But now I must confess, even people at Air France are not especially polite or smiley, but at least when pb occurs they really try to fix the pb and do the max to make the customer happy. Cathay Pacific ? Just some fake smiles and some pretended polite attitude but in reality they just ignore you. A real shame.

• Wo
    Wong Jan 16, 2008

Of course, Cathay is bad. It pays very cheap salary to its crews, and they are treated like ###, so don't expect any good service from them. The morale is really low. The company has bad reputation in HK now.

• Gr
    GR Aug 03, 2008

I recently paid for business class 'beds' from Melbourne to HK to Rome and back again. Like many of the passengers in the business class cabin, I was shocked that afetr Cathay ran ads all over the place talking about their lie flat beds in business class, that there were no beds. just crumby old seats. For the dame proce as Qantas, BA, Virgin Atlantic and several other airlines who give you a lienflat bed, Cathay gives you nothing of the sort. I wouldn't be so angry if I hadn't been sucked in by their ads. What other industry gets away with advertising something they don't have. Of the 4 aircraft I boarded, not one of them had the promised 'lie flat beds' in business class like Cathay's competotirs do. How completely unethical. In these days of high oil prices and low margins for airlinmes, what sort of idiots would bait rthe only people they actually make money out of - people up the pointy end of the plane. You have a very bleak future Cathay.

Don't trust Asial Miles, they are big hoax and scam!

I am member of Asia Miles linked with Cathay Pacific Air mileage program since 2001. These interlinked...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices