Castle Dentalhigh price rip off

M Review updated:

DENTAL CUSTOMERS BEWARE!!!
I have HMO dental coverage and this was the office close to my home that I picked from the list of approved companies.
I went in with a tooth that was giving me trouble and was floored when I was told what it would cost me to get it fixed. I had to ask the person " these are the charges after dental coverage?" They told me that they would remove the filling, preform a root canal, place the filling and place a crown and the cost with insurance would be almost $1300. What an outrage!!! I also inquired about a standard cleaning and the dental asst. told me that the cleaning recomend that I get a cleaning that was going to cost me $600. They proposed other work to be done also. If I was going to get al of their recomended work done it would have cost me almost $3500.
THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAM ARTIST!!!
The only thing I could afford was to have the tooth pulled.
I'm deeply disapointed with the was these people try to rip me off. They have since been purchased by Monach Dental. I'll be searching for another company and get a second opinion on the other work to include the cleaning.
DENTAL CUSTOMER BEWARE!!!

• Te
    texasdentalqueen Sep 01, 2010

I don't agree that this was a rip off. You were given options for the types of dental treatment you could afford and quoted the fees set up by YOUR dental insurance. It is your choice to accept or refuse the treatment. That isn't a scam.

• Sh
    Shab Gard Dec 06, 2010

I am covered by the United Heath Care dental insurance and as their in-network provider, Castlle is obligated to charge what is set asside as the patient responsibility on top of what is paid by the UHC. However, Castle cheats the patients and charge beyong what they are obligated. So whatch out for their overcharge and their crappy business practice.

• Se
    Seniors Beware Mar 08, 2019

I am covered by Humana / ERS dental insurance and felt extremely taken advantage of by Castle 'Scam' Dental Center in Round Rock, TX. Firstly time spent with the dentist was less than 3 minutes and apparently Castle allows their hygienist to determine if you'll get your teeth cleaned or 'just polished'. The hygienist decided she would only polish my teeth and NOT give me the periodontal cleaning I went in for. I was given an astronomical high estimate for dental work, medication, fluoride, etc. and I feel because I said no to seeing another Castle Dentist at a later date with consultation fee of $60 OUT OF MY POCKET, for him to 'redo my root canal' WHICH CASTLE DID the root canal years prior, the hygienist decided she would only polish my teeth. What a scam! Sadly as a senior citizen we are often targets by people (the hygienist) and businesses such as Castle. I've written to my insurance to not pay Castle Dental Center claim as I am still in need of having my teeth cleaned. NO, I did not allow the hygienist to 'just polish' my teeth. I left, saying 'this is ridiculous'!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices