Cash 4 GoldRip Off

What a rip off! I sent them 2 rings and I already have a written appraisal from the jewelers where the items were purchased, which I might add...has been in business almost 35 years and is well respected. They wrote me back and said the rings were 12 K gold, not 14K, which is not true and that they were not sapphire and diamonds! Then you can talk to the idiots in customer service...who have no idea where they even work or what they do!

Good luck...what a bunch of nuts!

Maggie Heller Aug 07, 2008

Good luck...what a bunch of nuts!

Christina Aug 16, 2008

I sent in a bag full of silver and gold and 2 diamonds and they sent me a check for $25.95... WTF!!! Needless to say, I called them and asked for my jewelry back, which I will be getting as soon as I send them their check back... Like 25.95 really makes a difference to them. I can't imagine how much money they are making off of these poor people who are sending in their jewelry hoping to get some money back to help them out... SHAME ON THESE COMPANIES! I sent mine in hoping to get plenty of extra money because I am a stay at home mom and my husband works at a grocery store. I was really counting on that money to help us out... What a waste of time and faith. Thanks a lot Cash 4 Gold. You should change your name to S*it 4 Gold.

• Ca
    Carolyn Aug 17, 2008

Cash4gold is yeah - a total rip off! Don't believe them - you can do better at a garage sale. I sent them a bag full of stuff including two chains that were 14K that were purchased for about $300 a few years ago (when gold was much cheaper) and I got about 3 dollars for them. I'm returning their check and getting much stuff back.

• Li
    linda ivey Aug 22, 2008

i sent gold and silver to cash fir gold and haven't heard from them would like to know something before i report them

• Sm
    Smarter than you are Aug 22, 2008

You bunch of ###s. How could you think this thing is legit? Would you be interested in a bridge in Brooklyn?

Like P.T. Barnum said "You can't cheat an honest man".

• Ge
    GeniusAtWork Aug 22, 2008

The first poster is the world's biggest idiot and a drama queen. If you already had a WRITTEN appraisal from a local jeweler with 35-years in business why in hell will you sent your gold jewelry to some unknown business that advertise in the late night hours??? I tell you why. GREED! you thought they were gonna give you more than what the local appraissal. Well serves you right!

• Ut
    Utimonte Sep 25, 2008

Anyone stupid enough to mail valuables to anyone deserves to lose them.

• Am
    Amanda Hellriegel Oct 06, 2008

I would like to say that I submitted my return kit for Cash4gold and was horribly disappointed. The process was by no means quick. It took 15 days before my money was ever posted to my account. I never received any sort of notification that my package was received, or an estimate as to the value of my belongings. I mailed nearly $800.00 worth of gold and silver and got $19.00 back. I was furious!!! Now, 3 days later I have been calling non-stop and mysteriously can’t get through to their company. I feel this entire process was a scam and am mad at myself for not doing better research. I am disappointed and feel that I have been ripped off with absolutely no recourse. I would’ve been better off taking my valuables to a pawn shop.

Amanda H
    Enterprise, AL

• Tr
    Troy Billington Oct 09, 2008

Anyone thinking they'll come out on top when selling their precious gold for cash is mistaken. The simple fact is, GOLD is rising in value, while the US Dollar continues to slide into nothingness. Your only smart move is to hang on to every peice of gold you have!

I see how it is that they will get our gold and force us to use whatever replacement fiat currency they come up with (be it the Euro, Amero, Digital Money etc...). We must not be lured into this scam of 'quick cash for our unused gold' as that's what it is a SCAM! Visit my website to learn more how this works against you, more importantly...how you can PROTECT yourself and your family against the collapse to come.

• Id
    Idiot man Oct 14, 2008

I guess I will join the club as idiot man. See my post at formalneckwear.wordpress.com

• Sh
    Shantel Lindsey Oct 18, 2008

I had 9 rings that I had paid at least $2500.00 for all of them. No longer wanting or needing them I sent 9 rings in to Cash 4 Gold and got a check back for $30.46. I called them and told them I was not happy and I would like my things returned to me. So I sent back the check and wrote on it please return my things to me like they told me to. They sent back the $30.46 check to me and when I called them up they told me they melted my things and my items coluld not be returned to me. It was within the time frame and they said that there was not a note recorded that I wanted my things back and sorry for the misunderstanding but I could keep the check. I would not do bussiness with this so called company ever again!!! It's a rip off!! And most of all they are very rude to talk too.

• St
    Stephen Oct 20, 2008

This company should be called Pennies 4 Gold !! They are paying about $70/oz. for 12k gold! They also charge a shipping & handling fee to have your merchandise returned. Other than the fact they Scam you on the Value of the Gold, the staff seems friendly & helpful with basic questions. You would probably get a better return if you took it to your local pawn shop or jeweler.

• Be
    Beatrice J. Willis Oct 24, 2008

i sent my small pile of scrape gold over two months ago, the trcking number is wrong and they report that they have not seen it, so send in an insurance claim. What a mess I got myself into!
    Bea

• Di
    diane Oct 25, 2008

Dont send your gold to any company buying it take to jewlers or better yet do as i did and sell on ebay i sold 49 grams which isnt much for over 769 dollars go to ebay and type scrap gold and you'll see what that im not bull crapping anyone

• Pr
    prissy0978 Nov 01, 2008

I totally agree with others. I sent them two rings and a pendant and then they have the nerve to send me 7.56. what a joke!!! I sent them 12K white gold and apparently the idiots there can't read because I could see the K on the inside of the ring and they sent on the reason it 10K. Please don't be fooled by these scam artists as I was.

• Da
    Dave Nov 04, 2008

I sent Cash4Gold a 14K wedding band (can't remember the weight) and they sent me about 15.00 back after 2 weeks of waiting. I requested they return the ring, which they did after about another 2 weeks.

On the way back from picking the ring up at FedEx, I stopped in a local jewelry store where they gave me $55.00.

I don't remember what I paid for the ring... somewhere in the area of $250.00, but nonetheless I got a lot more from a local retailer than from Cash4Gold. If I cared enough about it, I might have shopped around for more money, but with gas prices and limited time I decided just to take the $55.00.

• Ry
    Ryan Dean Nov 05, 2008

they are a bunch of idiots who are getting idiots in return from selling gold to them. You minght as well sell swatches.

• Sp
    s. powell Nov 05, 2008

These people needed to be taken off the air, before others are sucked in. It is not right how they lie on tv and people fall for thier lies. I sent them a ring and they sent me nothing for it and didn't even acknowledge they received it. It was a 10 kt ring with the stone missing and they said it wasn't real. And yes it took forever to get a response from them. I am so tired of being ripped off and furthermore they still are in business and still have those commercials on the tv. Why are they not out of business yet?

• Om
    omayra Nov 06, 2008

I've seen their ad and I think it's stupid to send your gold to any company such as this one. It's best to sell it at a pawn shop or as someone here said, eBay.

Christine Mims Nov 13, 2008

I want my jewerly back some how so me way. I was rip off and Im a single parent trying to get money to support my family the check I got in the mail was wrong. God bless they soul for what they did to me. Im mad and I want my jewerly back asap.

• We
    wendy cox Nov 19, 2008

I sent cash for gold a Waltham watch and other pieces of gold jewlery. I also sent a beautiful gold layed opal butterfly necklace with 4 opals in it. I also sent a blue saphire necklace and earings to match. I never received my opal necklace or saphire necklace and earrings when I sent back my check fo $23.00.
    I want these things back!!!

Jamey Goheens Nov 20, 2008

Sent in articles valued at around $650 and received $19.62. they downgraded my 14K gold wedding band to 12K, and said the remaining items had no value. I will be launching an anti cash4gold campaign!!!

• Jm
    J Martin Nov 20, 2008

I've learned that there isn't a single TV ad that can be trusted. There is absolutely no law against lying except in court in front of a judge. Also, there is no such thing as "truth in advertising" even though there have been many attempts to enact such legislation. Every "truth in advertising" legislation attempt had gone down in defeat as a result of a huge lobbyist effort.

• Je
    Jeanette Nov 21, 2008

I sent in about 4 or 5 rings that I would not wear anymore. I bought one of the rings myself for about $400.00. One ring was from an ex-boyfriend which cost about $250.00. I know because he gave me the receipt in case it was the wrong size. I sent my rings in and I received a check for $.53. YES 53 CENTS!! Cash4Gold is a total SCAM!!!

Mike Silver Nov 22, 2008

Why doesn't someone get a class action against this theif. It's mail fraud and deceptive advertising. Call the Florida Attorney General and shut them down. Mr. Arronson, the owner, should go to jail. He is a theif and thinks everyone is stupid. How arrogant and just out in out stealing.

• Je
    Jenna Nov 22, 2008

Yup, total fraud! I sent in 2 14k gold rings, a 14k gold chain that cost over $600.00, a gold bracelet, a gold nameplate and 2 pairs of silver earrings. I got back $36.00!!! What a rip off! They are scam artists and criminals!

• Al
    Alan Seevers Nov 22, 2008

Not only are they cheating everyone, they are sending in rave reviews about themselves to further urge others to send in their jewelry to them. I was referred to an industrial refiner that returns 95% of the value with no minimums; they have a precious metal division that turns your money in 24 to 48 hours. I was pleased with the return. www.progressive-environmental.com.
    Easy to work with.

• Sh
    Sherri Coker Nov 23, 2008

OMG - At least I'm not alone!! I went to a local jeweler first and got an appraised value of about $150.00. I thought the amount was too low, so I thought I'd try Cash4Gold. (100% Satisfaction GUARANTEED) They sent me a check for $24.00 and stated that all the gold I sent them was 10 K. What a scam! I contacted them the day after I got that pitiful check and they said they will return my items. We will see. The TRICK is you HAVE to contact them within those 10 days. I was on hold forEVER, but finally got through. Good luck to everyone.

• Re
    Rebekkah Nov 25, 2008

Anyone is much better off having their gold weighed, determining the gram weight including stones and selling the gold as a scrap lot on eBay. 1 ounce auctions on eBay for about $350. Doesn't matter if it isn't scrap. Sell it as "scrap or wear 10K 14K gold jewelry lot" Don't deal with these companies, sell it yourself! I am a 10 year eBay seller and have never been disappointed in a gold scrap lot sale.

• Ga
    gaylemac Nov 25, 2008

My husband returned the bag they sent us full of old gold jewelery, weighing over 10 grams. They sent us $2.29. Unfortunately, I saw a report on TV warning of this type of scam the day AFTER he sent it in!! Our only consolation is finding the Complaint Board website, letting us know that we are not alone with this scam. Thank you for giving an opportunity to warn others.

Jack Nov 27, 2008

THIS IS CRAZY!!! SOMEONE SHOULD SUE THIS COMPANY!!!

Michael J Garcia Nov 28, 2008

I am so glad I read this before selling my jewelry to them. There was no way in hell I was mailing my jewelry to them so had decided to visit them in person since I live in Miami but after reading this I think I will spare my car the millage and the gas. Ebay is wonderfull I have to say I have been able to
    find allot of great solutions on there though had maybe 2 bad experiences out of 10 transactions its still a pretty good ratio. Regardless I think best advice on here is to hold on to your preciuos metals and Gems being they have and will continue to have more value than currency.

• Bo
    Bob Nov 28, 2008

How can they do these things. And, get by with it. They are clearly
    braking the law.
    This is a case of robbing people, and not using a gun.

John Keller Nov 29, 2008

Cash 4 Gold is run by a Jew named Aronson. That is all you need to know.

• Ad
    A. Dustin Dec 02, 2008

I just ( 10 minutes ago) called thier 1-877 # to ask a question.
    They did just as mentioned above - asked for my zip code and then told me the conversation may be recorded.
    I asked " I have alot of gold and silver -many rings, neckleces and bracelets with stones of all sorts - do you pay for the stones or do you remove them and send them back beings you only pay for the precious metals, or should I have the stones removed prior to shipment?"
    The operator said without hesitation - "Call 1-800 bla bla bla - but due to high call volume they may not be able to answer your question."
    It is bvious these poeple are scammers...
    I have a serious need to sell this stuff -one being a 1836 liberty head solid gold coin on a 18kt gold link chain.
    I do not think I will be sending any of this to cash 4 gold after reading all of this!

michele squires Dec 03, 2008

I've read the above complaints and they have served to prove me right. I hate the commercials for this outfit first of all. Second, if you thought rationally about it Cash 4 Gold operates on the same level as a pawn shop. They are only giving you the price of gold on a specific day( gold values go up & down daily). Jewelry stores notoriously rip consumers off by charging up to 600% the value of gold on the stock market. So, if you were hoping to receive what you paid in retail you will be disappointed. Also, I wouldn't trust putting my gold into a provided envelope that is in itself an ad for the company and well known to those sticky fingers in the USPS! If you have to mail something like that at least get insurance! Lastly, I sure wouldn't trust unseen strangers to have my best interests at heart and give me what my jewery is worth even on the stock market. The whole thing reeks of scam.
    One other thing...if you are hoping to recover the actual jewelry you feel they ripped you off for it has likely been long since melted or in "Aronson's" personal stash.

michele squires Dec 03, 2008

To A. Dustin...Sell on Crsig's List or Ebay.
    Good Luck!

Christina Dec 04, 2008

I sent in 2 wedding rings and 3 pairs of earrings. I had the rings appraised at $500.00. I saw the commercials on tv and read some of the testimonials on the website so thought it was a legitimate thing. Well, after some time I received a check in the mail for the amount of $5.03. I called, and was on hold for over 45 minutes. I guess i'm not the only one that was outraged. While I was waiting on the phone I sent an email. I got an immediate response asking me what was I expecting to receive. I answered and got another immediate email saying there is NO way they can match that. The next day the check was back in the mail to them. I of course had to wait forever to receive my jewelry back in the mail. A word to the wise, if something seems to good to be true it probably is. It's amazing how companies can operate with the intention of frauding customers.

• Cw
    c.w. ga. Dec 16, 2008

Thank God I read the coments before sending my gold in.Some of it was very old and had stones in the rings. I think I will take mine to the jewelry store instead of cash4gold. I thank everyone that wrote a coment it really helps us older folks that were raised to trust people not get taken advantage of. A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOLKS!!!

• Ci
    cici Dec 26, 2008

I sent two silver bracelets, one 14K gold bracelets, 3 silver rings and a white gold ring to CashForGold.
    They sent me $28.
    They claimed the rings were all siver and the bracelet was gold-filled.
    LIARS!
    They are dishonest and ripped me off but good.
    Please everyone let other people know how dishonest they are.
    Does anyone know of an honest company to sell old jewelery to?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices