Cash 4 GoldRip Off

M

What a rip off! I sent them 2 rings and I already have a written appraisal from the jewelers where the items were purchased, which I might add...has been in business almost 35 years and is well respected. They wrote me back and said the rings were 12 K gold, not 14K, which is not true and that they were not sapphire and diamonds! Then you can talk to the idiots in customer service...who have no idea where they even work or what they do!

Good luck...what a bunch of nuts!

• Ta
    tana Martin Aug 20, 2011

Hello I am Sidney Crosby Biological mother Tana Martin, I am having cash for gold in calgary charged for fraud and theft at the minimum and am having the city of calgary police order a restitution order for $4000.00. What happen to me was i sent in a 51.2 gram 22k gold bangle and the day the mailed the check they stoled melted my gold bangle. The check was mailed May 30, 2011 and I received it June 1, 2011. I returned the check with a written letter refusing a rip of 400.00. I demanded my 51.2 92% pure gold bangle back and on July 12, 2011 cash for gold in vancouver is demanding that i cash the check, but i did not and the police have it know with the envelopes and contracts. So it could take up 2 years but i will get my $4000.00 back.

• Re
    reeya Jul 12, 2011

Do u know how many robbery there have been, just because of this cash and gold business. I don't agree with this. People these days don't even feel safe wearing gold anymore. I would appropriate if all companies that deal with this cash for gold have memberships of their customers details, most of them don't do that, you just show them ID and anyone can get away with anything.
    from priya x

• To
    tommyfishface Jun 13, 2011

i would never sell to them, i sold to http://www.sellgoldinnyc.com and got almost full price for my gold

• Ha
    HatesFBIFrauds Jan 30, 2011

Unfortunately, you wont be getting any money. you are another victim of a scam

Anthony Mosley Jan 26, 2011

I never recieve my money what do i need to do?

• Fr
    frank0 Dec 29, 2010

Always read the reviews on any company befor doing any business with them.

• Fr
    Fred Harmon Sep 21, 2010

Rather than pay a dentist $100+ each to remove loose teeth I used a pair of pliars to rip out three molars. These are hard times we live in. Each had enough gold in it to make a good fishing sinker. I sent them to Cash4gold. Got their check today for $5.47. What a joke on me. The lesson is before you do business with any company, websearch the company name followed with 'ripoff'. I websearched 'Cash4gold ripoff'' and found this complaints site. I should've done that first/before sending them my gold teeth. Good thing I have a sense of humor. Figured I saved $300 dentist bill by ripping the three gold teeth out of my jaw. Then I send them to Cash4gold and get just enough money to buy a pack of cigarettes. Does'nt Florida have a competant Attorney General? Why is this scam allowed to continue? I won't cash the check. I'll frame it and put it on my desk as a reminder there's [censor]s out there to beware of.

• Ac
    A Concerned American Sep 01, 2010

I Sent Silver and Gold and They Stole my silver From Me and sent me a little rinky dink check for my gold and I won't cash it they want send me my silver back They need a class action law suit brought againts them!! There gonna wish they had'nt messed with good folks just trying to get by! They need to be sued

• Di
    Diseree68 Aug 19, 2010

I think its very foolish to send gold to a company like this. In every country around the world there are refiners which will give you a valuation on your gold for free and they offer much higher prices for it. I live in the Netherlands myself and went to Tov Hazel Metallurgy BV which give me 17 euro per gram 14 kr. Use google to search for companies like this in your own area.

• Aj
    ajm216 Jun 30, 2010

I sent Cash4Gold my items a ring, a heavy charm and two broken light bracelets. They sent me a check for 71.00 I requested my items to be returned which took about a week. I took the same items to a jewelry store and got 260.00 in less than 10 minutes. That's more that three times the amount Cash4Gold offered. They are totally full of crap in my book.

• Ge
    g_e21 Jun 14, 2010

I sent in 2 rings to D4G. One was purchased a year ago for 700.00 and the other was a cheaper ring that I paid about 100 for. I received a cheque for 16.05. WHAT THE [censor]. I'm mailing the cheque back and better be getting my rings back as well or I'm getting a [censor]ing lawyer.

Sarahwillis Jun 09, 2010

I recently tried www.mygolddepot.com after trying after going to a gold party and I have to say I had a great experience with this company. My Gold Depot.com was just a pleasure to use. I did some research online after going to a gold party and after reading about selling old Gold Jewelry online. I thought was a great idea but I wanted to really research the topic. Well after seeing some good customer service comments on www.mygolddepot.com I decided to give them a shot. I have to say I was very very happy with the payout I received from My Gold Depot.Com (Could they have paid me $35-40 bucks more) probably yes, but, I received a check about 6 days after I sent my unwanted items in and I really think the $494.00 that I was paid was a great payout ! Especially when there are so many stories online from customers only receiving $20.00 and $30.00 dollar checks from online companies like Cash4gold.com and Goldfellows.com I have to say www.Mygolddepot.com is the real deal and I would absolutely recommended them.

Sarah Willis

• As
    ASE Metal Recovery, Inc. Jun 03, 2010

Let’s look at the pure business facts involved here. First, gold is a commodity that has a specific worth that is defined on a day to day basis by the market. That being said, no company in the business of refining gold is going to get much more or less then any other company. This is important to bear in mind because it means that the company to whom you sell your gold cannot directly control the price they receive after refining it, in other words, they can’t simply decide they need to increase their profits by increasing their price.

Second, let’s acknowledge the simple fact that businesses are in business to make a profit. That being the case, if they can’t control their prices they have to control their costs. In the case of cash for gold companies, their major costs are of course advertising and consumer payouts. Since the advertising is what drives the business, all they can do to control their costs is, you guessed it, decrease their payouts!

Simple fact is that if you choose to do business with a local company that is not investing heavily in advertising there is a very good chance you will get paid substantially more then if you did business with a national cash for gold company.

• Se
    sexiface224 May 05, 2010

ur all stupid ### for sending so much gold to people u dont even know...so really its your fault

• Ne
    Nevenk Apr 13, 2010

I used Cash4Gold and was happy with what I received. I think that allot of people do not read terms and conditions and this is why you are not satisfied. Before I sent my gold to them I read there terms and conditions. Linda Ivey stated she sent her gold to them and have not heard form them. How about you pick up the phone and call customer service. I guess you do not care that much about your gold other wise you would try to find out what happend to ti...That has to be the stupidest thing I ever heard. And other people stating that they did not like the amount they received and that C4G ripped them of...comon now if you read there terms and conditions you would see that they do have 12 day return policy. It is not C4G fault that you send in some cheap ### and dont blame C4G for your laziness and stupidity.

• Ha
    Hardwyre Mar 24, 2010

Had my own little run in with Cash4Gold. Read it here: http://hardwyre.blogspot.com/2010/01/why-you-should-avoid-cash4gold.html

• Go
    goldpartying.com Mar 21, 2010

Well, I run http://www.goldpartying.com. We would never steal from our clients. This is iving the whole industry a black eye! Wow, we have honest employees, and pay top dollar for your unwamted gold. We come to your party and pay everyone the going rate, and host gets 10% for organizing it all. Plus 3% referrals, and 100 just for hosting. [protected]

• Go
    gore horror Mar 09, 2010

Ha ha ya I guess if it sounds to good to be true it is. I learned my lesson. A pawn shop pays more for gold than cash 4 gold does. The info-mercial sold me. The idiot guy pouring out the packets with crap gold worth hundreds. All my gold is engraved inside 14k. I got 12 whole bucks for four 14k rings. I know I should have known better but you live and learn... And karma will bite them in the butts eventually.

Teddy22 Feb 28, 2010

I agree that Cash4Gold.com is a scam, I cam across a very helpful website called www.top10cashforgold.com and that told me everything that i needed to know about every online gold company out there. If you are looking to sell your gold and you want to know the truth about the company please visit, www.top10cashforgold.com. I hope this website finds you well. I sure thought it was useful. This sites top gold buyer was Expressgoldcash.com. They payed me more than i even thought i was going to get. Thanks Expressgoldcash.com.

Teddy
    Miami Florida

Teddy22 Feb 28, 2010

I agree that Cash4Gold.com is a scam, I cam across a very helpful website called Top10cashforgold.com and that told me everything that i needed to know about every online gold company out there. If you are looking to sell your gold and you want to know the truth about the company please visit, Top10cashforgold.com. I hope this website finds you well. I sure thought it was useful.

Teddy
    Miami Florida

Teddy22 Feb 28, 2010

Go to a website called Top10cashforgold.com, and you will find the truth about every gold company. I did and i did not only get the most for my gold but i found the most honest company. Again that website is top10cashforgold.com.

I hope it helps you like it helped me

TOM

• It is true, I've sent them my ring and they've said they lost it or they have not received it. I'll will report them to the FBI They're a scam- don't send you stuffs there- it is all fake Bussiness...

• Ti
    tigobitties Jan 22, 2010

I sent in some Jewelry about a year ago and was very unhappy with the whopping $26.00 they gave me for my jewelry. I sent them a woman's gold chain, gold earrings with diamonds and heart shaped ruby's and matching necklace pendant diamond and heart shaped ruby set with the gold chain, a white gold diamond ring, two different sets of gold earrings. And I know what was paid for all of my jewelry. What I sent in I paid over a $1, 000.00 all together. Than when I tried to get a hold of them to get my jewelry back they couldn't be reached! So I was stuck cashing my $26.00 before the checks expiration date. Thanks for ripping me off cash 4 gold!

• Le
    Lemon Juice Jan 14, 2010

I sent some gold to Cash4 Gold UK and was given a value of £331. I was not happy with this quote and asked for my gold to be returned. I then took it to a local high street jeweller for an appraisal and was quoted £703 before it was even assayed. I am now waiting for the final valuation following the assaying. Take my advice, DO NOT have any dealings with Cash4Gold.

• Na
    Nataly84 Jan 07, 2010

i wonder what can we do. they are taking advantage of us. is there anything we can do?

• Ur
    URASUCKER Dec 31, 2009

"There's a sucker born every minute" ...P.T. Barnum... Y'all are SUCKERS BTW I own a bridge that goes to Key West send me $100 and ill send u the deed!!!

numisinterest Dec 30, 2009

I could smell a fish broiling when i saw these commercials, so i researched it way before hand(if you have gold, don't sell it)this fatso down in FL comes up with a catchy name and profits off your items, don't let tht happen, request these paks and use them for something else, thier catchy little bags.

numisinterest Dec 30, 2009

When i recieved my first pak, i noticed MC hammer was only holding thirtyseven dollars, he probably sent in like two ounces...I very much dislike the fact tht the public buys gold bullion at the spot price and then a little, but when they'd like to sell, they can only get about half of what they pay, (if they search around) you have to give the pawn broker a sob story so he'll pay more to even feel like you got anything out of it.

numisinterest Dec 30, 2009

don't send them a thing, and keep requesting thier pack, they like to lose items and under pay, well, beat em at thier own game.

• Je
    jessicaoppy Dec 13, 2009

I send in a name plate with chain and a real silver charm braclet valued over $500 they send me a check for $15.31 I called right away and said I do not their $15.31 and said I would send their check back. I indeed did recieve my items like expected. Thank godness!

• Ip
    I Pay More Dec 04, 2009

Hi everyone,
    I read though every comment. I will say WOW!!! I did not know that they were ripping you off so bad. In saying that I have been buying scrap gold for over 6 months now and I can tell you I pay alot more then they do. Some of your coments are correct. They are only interested in the gold value! Not the value of the Jewelry as sold in stores. Now in saying this Please do your home work before selling any gold Jewelry.
    Places buying gold Buy by weight and karat either by penny weight or gram weight. Now there are 20 penny weights in 1 Troy ounce and 31.1 grams in 1 Troy ounce. The karat does make a difference 10k, 14k, 18k, 22k, 24k. So 10k only has 41% Actual gold in it. 14k only has 58% gold in it. 18k only has 75% gold in it. 22k only has 91% gold in it. And 24k has 99% gold in it. 24k is the closest you can get to pure gold. Now to get this percentage take your karat marked on the jewelry and devide that by 24. Some jewelry is mark with 1/20 k g.f or k g.f . This means it is gold filled with only 1/20th% of gold. Most places will not buy this due to the low gold percentage. Another mark you might see is KGP. This means gold plated also low gold percentage. Now when you sell your gold to someone like Cash 4 Gold they are only paying you 10 to 15 percent of your gold value. So if you have $100 in gold In jewelry form you will be paid between $10 to $15 for the gold in that jewelry. Most pawn shops I have been to only pay 20 to 30 percent of your gold value. You can do the math on that one. Most Jewelry store will only pay 40 to 50 percent of your gold value. Now this also all depends on Spot gold price that day of sale. The more the spot gold price is the more money you get. When one of these places buys your gold they are making a profit. Like any buisness (Car dealerships and retail stores). They have to make a profit or they will be out of buisness. They are providing a service to you to make a living. Now when you shop for a car and you have a trade-in you want to get the most out of your trade-in. So what do you do you shop around for the most money for your trade-in. I recommend if you want to sell your gold for cash shop around for the best deal(the highest percentage).

If you have any questions or you want to know what percentage I pay please email me at [email protected]

• El
    EliasR Nov 08, 2009

We are talking about a company that has a "news" clip "promoting" their company.
    The the "news" network is called "The Onion" famous for parodies and junk.

FAIL = Cash4Gold

jake norris Nov 08, 2009

TO US THAT GOT KICK IN THE HUCHY.FROM NOW ON WE KNOW TO GO TO A SCAMS.COM AND RECHER...ANY THING THAT WE FIND A DOUBT TO WE KNOW NOW...reacher it.and if there is ANY doubt "DO NOT' DO IT...

jake norris Nov 08, 2009

th==Think i'm going to have them send me a packet every week then take 2oz lead sinkers and paint them bright gold and send it to them...hope other will follow me in this...SEND THEM LEAD AND GOLD FISH WEIGHTS.I HAVE ONE THE WEIGHT IS 25 POUND OF LEAD.BET THAT WILL GET THERE ATTENTION

• Du
    Dutchbrand Oct 26, 2009

Omg!! I am glad I read this before I sent anything!!
    They are getting famous in Holland. I just saw them on the tv today and thought about sending some stuff. I thought 'hey they are famous in many countries and now deyre coming to holland, dey must be good and honest'.. I guess not
    Dutch ppl beware!! Stay away frm them!!

• Ca
    caroli Oct 25, 2009

Well in the first place I don't understand why people sent jewelry to a "company" with out having something in exchange...imaging you sent something worth $2000.00... and these people tell you " We have never received"...might as well give it to someone in the street or better to your friends...no?

jon2069 Oct 20, 2009

what most of you dont realize is that its not about how much you bought your jewlery for. its all bases on the amount of gold in the item, as well as the grade (14k, 18k ect.) you can have a 10, 000 gold and diamond ring, but if it barely has any WEIGHT in GOLD, you will not see even close to what you paid. ALS you are NOT receiving money for the stones in your jewelery. if you send in a ring with stones like diamonds or rubys, you would be smart to remove the stones and sell them seperatly, otherwise you will receive the gold value for the weight. i hope this is helpful to people who feel like they are getting "scammed". its not a scam you just need to understand what you are getting into when your selling.

• Be
    bernea67 Oct 07, 2009

i sent my cheque back to this company, after they offerd me 20 pounds for a 500 pound ring, i am waiting to get my ring back it has been six weeks now, cant get through to there customer services . i have sent so many emails ive lost count, any udea how to get my ring back .b, mooney

chelseascore Oct 04, 2009

Your better off in the stores and in the mall. A friend of mines collected several old pieces of mid quality jewelry that collected over the years, one earring a broken ring, an outdated gold rope, and walked away with a few hundred dollars, so check the malls, and local stores.

• Am
    A. Messer Oct 01, 2009

I wish I had read these complaints before I ever sent my jewelry to LESS4GOLD, I mean CASH4GOLD...I sent them 75 grams of 14k gold, they C4G sent me a check for $164...I called my local Pawn Shop and he gives $10 per gram...I called C4G and told the Customer Service rep, she explained to me that they were a refinery and were paying TOP dollar for my gold. I called her bluff on that and told her I must be the middle man they are talking about cutting out in their commercials and what my local pawn shop guy was going to pay. She said she would have my gold looked at again and someone would call me within 24 hours...NEVER heard from them, waited 2 days...I sent the check back today with delivery confirmation so I'll know they got the check back in time and informed that I had a picture and list of EVERYTHING I SENT TO THEM.
    DON'T USE LESS4GOLD, I MEAN CASH4GOLD...IT IS A RIPOFF!!!