Carrefouronline order and cancellation

F Jun 22, 2019

I am really disappointed with carrefour online team and after sales customer service agents. Very slow service, didn't have the sense of urgency to do something with my complaint. Last June 15, 2019 around 8pm i have placed and order online around 2, 100 aed. I was trying to use and register a new card to my carrefour account however when the order was placed it was charged on the old card that was already enrolled on my account. So i immediately called carrefour hotline (in less than 10mins after the transaction was made) i informed the customes service agent that i would like to cancel my order because it charged the wrong card. The agent game me reference number for 2 cancellation request FOOD(198309) and NON FOOD (1198315) items. she assured me that my order will be cancelled and someone from their team will call me to confirm the cancellation. Then the next day JUNE 16 i have received an email with the invoice of the NON FOOD items and an sms reminding me that i have a delivery form carrefour. So, i have called again and made a follow up on my cancellation. The guy i spoke to said that the cancellation request has been placed but did not get any feed back from the the online team. He informed me that one of the designated team will call me regarding my cancellation. I told him to make sure my order is cancelled because i also received and electronic invoice and i don't want the transaction to continue and charge my card. Then the next day JUNE 17, i received another email, an electronic invoice for the food items and a schedule for delivery of the those food items. Again i have called carrefour to follow up and tell them to cancel my orders because they didn't seem to have cancelled it. The invoice date was made June 17, 2days after i have made the cancellation. The agent i spoke to informed me that he placed another request for this matter and one of the designated team will call me to confirm the cancellation. At around 5pm someone from carrefour called me and confirmed with me if i am really going to cancel my order and i told him yes. Therefore i am no longer expecting any delivery because i have confirmed and called many times to inform them that i have cancelled my order. When i reached home at 9pm, to my surprise all the items was still delivered to my place. I was not expecting a delivery so i didn't inform people in my house to reject any delivery coming form carrefour. So now all the food items are in my house. I was informed that those items were delivered at 8pm, 2 hrs after i received a call to confirm my cancellation. I immediately called carrefour and ask why the deliveries still came. The agent even blamed me and told me i shouldn't have received the delivery. I clearly told her that i was no longer expecting a delivery and nor did the people in my house knew about it that is why they just accepted the items on my behalf. I asked the agent to schedule for pickup to return all the food items. It was 2 carts worth of grocery items and i clearly informed the agent to collect it ASAP. She informed me that the driver's/delivery team will contact me to schedule a pick up. The next day JUNE 18 i was expecting a call from the said team but i didn't get any calls. I still called carrefour hotline multiple times to schedule a pickup for me they keep telling me the same thing that one of their team will call me to for the pick up schedule. I have informed them that i want the items collected from me asap because my concern was some of the items will expire in 2days time. They told me not to worry and they will have it collected. June 19 i called again and again I still got the same response "to wait for a call". So i messaged their facebook page and posted on their facebook wall to file my complaint. One of the social media team called me and confirmed that he will file this complaint and escalate this issue to the respective teams. I also requested him to schedule a pickup to collect the items from me. June 20, early in the morning i got a call from the non food department and confirmed the cancellation of my non food order which i didn't receive. So he informed me that he already placed a cancellation order for that. I also ask him regarding the food items delivered to me. He informed me that FOOD DEPARTMENT will call me. But upto now i didn't get any calls from them. I keep calling carrefour hotline. They have assured me that i will get call within the day but that call never came. Until now June 22 all the items are still with me. No one called to schedule a pick up. The after sales agents keep telling me to wait for a call and that they have placed my case with priority. This would have been prevented if they have cancelled my order immediately the moment i have called them. It was literally 10mins after the order was placed. No invoices was made yet, the items weren't even packed yet and as per the bank the payment was still on hold and can only be cancelledby he merchant's side. this wouldn't have happened if carrefour had a good cancellation system. I was preventing all of this that's why i immediately called them to cancel my orders. Until now it's JUNE 22 nothing have happened and still carrefour never called back. How long does it take to make a cancellation? And how long do i have to wait just to schedule a pick up? I am really stressed and disappointed. This issue had consumed alot of my time the past week by just calling carrefour and every time i had to explain the agent regarding my case. Very bad service and very slow. Carrefour team doesn't take matter seriously and with urgency.