Carrefour Deira City Centernewly purchased iphone 7

A

I purchased an iphone 7 last June 3, 2017 @ 8:30 in the evening, I reached home at exactly 10 pm. I opened to try my new phone ... after on hour, 2 hours of charging, the phone has never turned on.. I waited longer cause I thought the battery might just be so drained but NO APPLE LOGO HAD EVER COME OUT... then next day come I went to carrefour deira city center to return or I had actually decided to have it refunded cause i was very frustrated but they did not allow they said it will at least 1 week before they will change.. but my question was why the hell it will take that long? Why? Meaning they will HAVE IT REPAIRED THE DEFECTIVE THAT I RETURNED?? One day is enough to check if its working or not.. That phone did not even stays with me for 24 hours if only I didn't buy it late in the evening I could have return it within an hour ..Why carrefour cannot replace it right away.. I'm in a BIG HASSLE ALREADY I've got no phone to use, my money is with them, you are selling a defective item, where is your sense of CUSTOMER SERVICE??