• Al
    AL KELLEY Sep 17, 2010

I too had a horrible experience with Carolina Carports last month! I orderd one with swing bars, which they mounted about a foot too low. When I called to get this corrected, they suggested I get a $170.00 height extention. When I called back to order the extention, I was quoted $400.00! They finally did come down to $350, but this was still a slap in the face from the original quote! I never got them to do the $170, that they originally promised, even after thretening them with this BAD REVIEW!

CAROLINA CARPORTS JUST DON'T CARE!!! PLEASE DON'T GET MIXED UP WITH THIS DISHONEST COMPANY...YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

• Br
    BrandonScuffins Feb 10, 2010

When I purchased my carport about a year and a half ago, installation took 3 weeks longer than expected. While annoying, I could live with that setback.

Early this morning, the carport I bought from Carports.com collapsed, damaging both of my vehicles. The snow from last night was clearly too much from the aluminum structure and I was amazed at both the flimsy building materials, and the shoddy workmanship which caused it to collapse under less than 2 ft of snow. The aluminum bracers, beams, and roof had all been ripped apart; the only things that actually held up were the screws. There were several instances where these were extra holes drilled right next to where screws had been attached (both in bracers and roof panels), causing me to believe that these extra holes might have helped weaken the structure. Thankfully, my Homeowner's Insurance will cover the costs to repair my vehicles and replace the carport, but needless to say that I will NOT be purchasing another one from this company.

• Sk
    skrewdover Jun 21, 2009

I have not even got my order yet and working with CARPORTS.COM AND WESTCOAST STEEL has been the worst experience in my life. I gave them a 10% deposit and I am already ready to cut my losses before I order their buildings!! I purchased 2 buildings and the builder called me. The witch ant West Coast Steel has already delayed my order a WEEK! She told me that she does not like me and she is going to give me a good working over!!! I shent hours with her on the phone to get my order correct and she did nothing bug brow beat me and tell me how stupid I am for ordering the buldings!! This has been nothing short of tortuere and I am bout to call and cancel my both my orders as it seem I will be much happier that way!!!
    THESE COMPANIES SUCK GOAT EGGS!!! RUN AWAY VERY FAST !!!

• Je
    jessejamesoi Apr 01, 2009

(i ran out of room) so i called carports.com back and gabrial told me they were not responsible for that and i had to speak with coasttocoast carports. I ordered directlty from carport.com through Gabrial...How could they not be responsible? Anyway i ended up with a non certified carport 1 foot taller than i had ordered and flimsy ### hell. He didnt tell me that i might need concrete support beams on the corners for the wind or mobile home anchors instead of those rinky dink "temporary anchors" (as they call them) Needles to say i should have done my research before ordering iam now trying to pursue a legal path to try an recover my loss. CARPORT.COM IS CRAP READ THEY'RE DISCLAIMER, THEY RECORD YOUR TELEPHONE CONVERSATIONS WHEN YOU ORDER!!

• Je
    jessejamesoi Apr 01, 2009

I also purchased a carport from carport.com, when i spoke to Gabrial Ortolaza i explained to him that i lived in the TX pahandle where we get alot of wind and occasional snow storms. I told him i was interested in the "standard carport" he wasn't very professional in his questions nor explanation of the carport, asking if there was a lot of wind here, i told him yes he said it would be about 4 weeks before they could gat it up. I was told they needed 91$ down. They sent a crew out about 2 weeks later who put up the carport in less than one hour. soon after they left we noticed they had not bolted the support beems all the way through so we called them back they told me they could not come out again for a week and a half and and if the carport fell they would not be responsible because the unit was not certified

• Ga
    GARGES OF INDIANA Dec 11, 2008

CAROLINA CARPORTS HAS SOME OF THE WORST BUISNESS ETHICS WHENE YOU ORDER THEY TELL YOU 4 TO SIX WEEKS I PLACED A ORDER IT TOOK 3 MONTHS FOR ME TO HEAR FROM THEM AND THEN THEY FINALLY CAME AND BUILT MY CARPORT AND NOW TI IS LEAKING THANKS AND THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT REASPONSIBLE

THANKS CAROLINA CARPORTS INC FOR A LOAD OF CRAP THATS IN MY YARD;;;;;;;

• St
    steve howard Aug 17, 2008

well i made the same mistake using this company. i was told to make the concrete slap 3in larger all the way around so that the installer wouldnt crack the concrete, A problem I was told they had. Well I did this. They still started in one corner and they still cracked the concrete. I was told to buy a sealer for the beams on the floor. I did and the installer wouldnt use it. swore it would never leak. Rained the same day and now extra six in. of concrete stick out even with the eve and guess what, all the water now runs in the building. to top this off, there is a hole in the roof, where the installer missed one of the metal rafters. and to top it off, i did get my roll down door, at time of delivery but the latches were cut wrong and i have a 1 to 2 in gap under the door, god knows what will crawl under the door now. i tried to call 5 times the next day, when i say i need to things corrected im put on hold. Then tried to contact the local salesman to show him the pics i took. all i got was put on hold and the salesman mysteriously couldnt be found. plan, I did find a person that would listen and looik at the photos and tha was a attorney and the BBB, see what happens.

• Pe
    Pete Withers Aug 07, 2008

I too was promised a complete building in two weeks by my dealer. It has been over a month with no calls from them what so ever. The independent dealers have no control over them. He told me that they will not move the truck for less than $10, 000 of business. Your order will wait until they have the amount they need to move the material. Who knows how long this will take? I wish I could get my deposit back, that is how they catch you. They require 10% down and if you change your mind, you're out of your deposit.