CAQH systemsEnrollment as a provider for eft services, non responsiveness

K

I am a sole professional who recently started accepting Anthem BCBSNH insurance. I am trying to set up EFt payments as I have with other insurance. Those took 2 days...I filled out info, they sent trial pay'ts to my CU, and I am receiving payments.
Anthem uses CAQH, with which I am already registered as a provider. To get EFT payments, I not only have to set up EFT but ENROLL! This has been a disaster. Because my "professional' name is slightly different (uses my middle initial) than my CU acct. the name the CU officer wrote was slightly different. It took some time to get htem to jive.
Now, they have been calling me (once at 7AM! and another in the evening...when I see clients) and told me that I must respond by PHONE within a business day to verify info!!!
I have tried for TWO days to call and just get a recording for over ONE HOUR each time!!! I have emailed them and get back a canned response that I must verify by phone. Today they sent an email saying my verification FAILED!!
They just contacted me again and they continue to give me the same phone number where NO ONE actually answers, but the recording for over 1 hour with 'we have an unusually high number of calls...et al"/
I can find no MAIN number to call, as when I do, everyone says they have nothing to do with enrollment. This is an impossible NO WIn and should be looked into. and I want this resolved
I have given them a time window in which to calll me, but I have no hope of them doing so

• Updated by kaylaartist1954 · Oct 09, 2018

This is now 2 years later, and all finally was ok with collecting from Anthem. Now, however, again there are problems. Since BCBSVT has decided to work through enrollhub (although BCBSVT still sends me payments directly through EFT), I decided I may have to add them. that was over 1 month ago. Last week, I received a call, overnight!, and a message was left, barely understandable, that I now had 24 hours to respond and confirm my information. Since I could not understand who it was because the outsourced (!) accent was so thick, I googled the number to verify it wasn't a scam and called. That person, again outsourced, kept asking me for MY information. I stated that I was not comfortable with that, and any bank/cU information was already on my account and he could tell me so I could verify yes or no. He refused! Since I did not know I NEEDED this to receive EFT payments from Anthem, I was so aggravated that I asked for that to be canceled. Now I live in rural Vt and receiving and depositing paper checks is highly inconvenient. So I tried to call again to re-activate. And I asked to speak to a person in US. I have also emailed. That was last week, and although I was assured on Thursday that someone named Karen Knox would contact me from the US via email to state when she would call to help (because, as previously stated, I am a sole professional with various hours and I do not sit by my phone to answer, and I do not answer with a caller ID I do not recognize!), It is now Tuesday of the next week and I still have not heard from anyone here in the US. AGAIN, the customer service is HORRIBLE!!! There is NO effort made to accommodate a sole professional such as myself and I am disgusted. Your excuses, such as above, are not helpful. I expect a call within the next 24 hours from YOU!

• En
    EnrollHub Nov 14, 2016

Dear [name],
    Dear kaylaartist1954,

On behalf of CAQH, we am very sorry that you experienced difficulties using EnrollHub. First, some background information: our non-profit alliance created EnrollHub several years ago to help healthcare providers such as yourself more easily enroll in EFT with multiple health plans. Once you set up an EnrollHub account, you can easily enroll in EFT with all participating health plans by simply selecting them in EnrollHub – no more separate forms to fill out for each health plan. And, if your banking information changes in the future, you make those updates in one place, and all participating plans receive that new content automatically.

For security reasons, our support staff places a phone call to speak directly with each practice Billing Manager or Office Manager (or sole practitioner) to confirm that they are aware that an account has been created in EnrollHub and the user is authorized to do so. Even small discrepancies – such as the use of your middle initial – can indicate the potential for fraud, so we must ensure that all information is completely accurate. Our support center only makes those outbound calls between 8 AM and 5 PM, so you certainly should not have received a call outside of normal business hours.

For the past few weeks, the wait times for the EnrollHub support center have been unacceptably high because an unusually large number of new healthcare providers are enrolling in EFT through EnrollHub. We are working very hard to remedy this situation and we apologize that you had to wait so long on hold. Our records show that your issues have been resolved and your account is now fully verified and you should be receiving electronic payments from Anthem BCBS New Hampshire soon.

The EnrollHub Team at CAQH

• Ta
    Tammie Slaughter Dec 11, 2018

This is the same excuse I am receiving over 2 years later "wait times for EnrollHub support center have been high because of an unusually large number of providers enrolling"... It has taken me 3 months to get ERA verification processed EVEN THOUGH we have completed the EFT verification process.

• Fr
    Frustrated Physician Jul 05, 2019

2019 I am having the same issue. However I am being told they need to speak directly to provider, not the office manager or billing company who has time to answer a verification phone call. I was called in the middle of the day when I would be seeing patients or in surgery. How am I supposed to verify? I have called over 12 times and been on hold over 9 hours total now, with no answer. I have hit option 1 for a call back for an entire week with no call back. Do you really expect a physician to wait on the phone to “verify “ an account? Very poorly designed.

• 2019 What is going on with Enroll Hub. I have been trying to enroll EFT and ERA for TriWest now for 3 months. Don't even bother trying to call. After over an hour on hold, I spoke to someone who I could not understand and then had no idea what I was talking about. Was transferred to several different personal and still no answer. I was given a case number for someone to call me back. That was over 60 days ago. I emailed efthelp with the case number and still no reply to my emails. This is the worse company ever and I have no clue to why insurance companies still use them. I think I have found the CEO on Linkedin. That is my next step.

• Rp
    RPelot Oct 11, 2019

@frustrated by incompetent company I have been trying to work with Enroll Hub since 9/13/2019. Dr. is changing banks. All information was properly loaded. I was told it would take 24 to 48 hours to be verified. HAHA. Now a month later still "trying" to verify account. They have spoken to both the office manager and Doctor. I was told now someone from " Security Dept." will call to verify! They won't let us know what is the hold up. They keep apologizing for the inconvenience. Very hard to understand the person at Enroll Hub. HELP! IF anyone finds another contact number of any American speaking person please post! Thank you!

• Kc
    kctrue Aug 26, 2019

I am a solo practice psychotherapist who has also waited 3 months to enroll for EFT and ERA for Triwest, only to be declined because "attempts to contact the provider for verification were unsuccessful." I never received any contact from Enrollhub. After hours on hold on 3 separate occasions, I finally got through to a CS agent whom I could not understand. I verified my tax ID, NPI, address, banking info etc. He then put me on hold to "complete the final verification steps. After 25 minutes on hold, I had to hang up as I had a client arrive for an appointment. Then, this morning I received the same email stating that my enrollment was decline for lack of verification. I'm so angry and frustrated that I think I'll be better off just waiting for the paper check to arrive. CAQH MUST do something about this.

• Ir
    IrritatedBiller Oct 29, 2019

CAQH EnrollHub is a total JOKE!!! I work for a billing agency with many providers throughout the Western half of the country and this is a constant issue anytime we enroll a provider/group for EFT & ERA. The customer service reps are some of the most incompetent I have ever had to deal with in this industry. They LOVE to apologize for any inconvenience but provide little effort to resolve the issue. Even had one rep tell me they do not use the phone numbers we supply during enrollment to do their verifications. Said they only use the information in the NPPES NPI Registry. I know this for a fact to be a total 100% LIE because I have had reps call me directly for verification in the past. They outsource their call center with people who don't know what they are doing and just read from a script in a thick unintelligible accent. I have one provider I have been working to enroll with EFT for 5 MONTHS!! Yet I keep receiving the "Verification Declined" emails. Contacted the provider and he confirmed he never received one single phone call from CAQH nor was there ever a voicemail left. Even had one customer service rep snarkily say, "Well, we don't force you to use our services!" Actually for certain insurance carriers...Yeah, you do!! I wish this company would dissolve and all of us working in this field would never have to deal with them again. THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!!

• Li
    LisaTZ Nov 04, 2019

This company is HORRIBLE!!! They are located in the Philippines and call our office between 3:30am and 4:00am. I have tried 5 phone calls and three emails. The last call, I made them stay on the phone while the called the office. The CAQH representative now says he needs to talk to the Doctor or a billing manager. The receptionist is not qualified to do the verification. O.M.G. Well I am the billing manager (work off site) and the doctor is with patients so AGAIN I get the email saying we failed the authorization. And they are suppose to be "streamlining the EFT process????" are you kidding me????

• Gu
    Guarded Mar 17, 2020

I am having trouble with enrollhub as well. I have a practice set up with them prior to my arrival by a billing company that went out of business in 2017. Our bank information is changing and I cannot get access to the account because we have no idea who they used as the authorized official, though I can confirm it is not the owners. I have called them each day for the last 4 days. I have 2 tickets and was told someone would call me. That hasn't happened. I called today and was on hold for 30 minutes 2x before finally hanging up. They are awful. I cannot understand why insurance companies use them. If that is not enough, I have another group I cannot get verified. If anyone knows of any way around enrollhub please let me know!