The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Capital Onephishing scam


I received this email from a fraudulent email address posing as Capital One:
From: CapitalOne <[protected]>
Subject: Found Abuse from unknown third party
Date: June 16, 2012 11:25:23 AM CDT
Dear CapitalOne User,
We found a potential risk on your CapitalOne account.
In order to read the full message you must log in to your account.
Please read and confirm your information here:
The link provided takes you to where it asks you to sign into your account and then asks you to confirm the following information: cardholder name, date of birth, mother's maiden name, address, city, state, zip, phone numbers, email, debit card number, expiration date, card verification number, atm pin, social security, and driver's license.

I have reported this to [protected]


  • St
    Stubbs4! Apr 18, 2018
    This comment was posted by
    a verified customer
    Verified customer

    I have received 5 phone calls from [protected] and [protected]. The man says his name is Justin Nowberg. He is calling to tell me that he is with Capitol One and Mastercard. Letting me know that I have excellent history with them and never missed a payment. They would like to give me a better interest rate. I have talked to him twice now and have not given him any information of mine. I always say "you should have that information already". He has tried to get me to verify last 4 digits of one of my cards, he has tried to get me to give an expiration date. And he also has tried to get me to give him my husbands first name. I stayed firm! He proceeded to tell me that he would knock off 60 percent of my debt. The other 40percent would be at a 0 percent interest rate till it is paid off. Sounds too good to be true, RIGHT! Told me if I went to a bank they would just rip me off. He is calling me back on Friday at 5pm. Told him I had to talk to my husband and he could call me back then. My husband will be home and will be talking to Justin, instead of me!! It would be great if you could stop him before he calls me back again. Tired of the harrassement!!! Please Help!!! Thankyou

    0 Votes
  • Jr
    [email protected] Nov 03, 2017

    This isn't a complaint, I'm not sure who to report this to. I got an email from Capital One about my contacting you and I haven't done is the following email

    Thanks for reaching out to us but this isn’t a secure email address, so
    it’s best not to share any personal info over it. Going forward, please do
    not reply to this email address since it’s not setup to receive emails.

    If you have questions about your account or need assistance, you can get in
    touch with us by visiting Capital One’s Contact page
    to find the best number to call us, or sign in to your online account so we
    can help you.

    I'm just confused. I have three capital one accounts and I sure don't want a stranger getting into one of them. I have them all linked. What do I need to do? My monthly payments are automatically taken out I have MS and I am prone to forgetting to do something so I put them on automatic payment. All of my banking info is in there, and I'm afraid of the phishing scam. Please advise me as to what I need to do. Thank you.

    0 Votes
  • Ma
    Maw Maw Logan Feb 22, 2016
    This comment was posted by
    a verified customer
    Verified customer

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Capital One
    To: Me
    Sent: Wed, Feb 17, 2016 2:55 pm
    Subject: Security update

    Action Required:

    We've detected too many failed login attempts on your account.

    Click here to verify your account.


    Capital One Services

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.