Capital One Financial Corporation — annual fees - excessive charges
I am writing today because I have never in my life had worse customer service from any company I have dealt with.
I have been a Platinum Capital One Customer since 1997. I have not had a balance on my card for some time and I received a bill for your annual fee of $19. I made this payment however it was received late so I was then billed $90 for late charges, finance charges and what every charges you can attach to your fees. When I called to ask to have this charge removed I was told they could only remove the late payment and finance charge so they dropped the new bill down to $57.50.
I was so frustrated with your customer service I cancelled the card. I then called back and asked to speak with a manager. I spoke with a lady named Joy who told me she could do nothing. I asked then to speak with her manager and was transferred to Debra Agent# GEJ848. She assured me she was the senior manager and there was no one higher I could talk to. She was not willing, or as she said she has no way of waiving that fee. I find that hard to believe. Your senior managers have no way to waive $57.50 for a customer that has been with you for 22 years and paid over $400 annual fees on a card I don't use.
At this point, it isn't about the $57.50 that I do not intend to pay. I will however let everyone I know how Capital One treated a 22 year loyal customer. I sure hope it is worth the $57.50 that I do not intend to pay, losing my business as well as my friends and families business.
More Capital One Financial Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Capital One Auto Finance - scam and cheating! 
- Capital One - unreasonable account restrictions 
- Capital One Auto Finance - terrible experience 
- Capital One Credit Card Company - fraud business practices! 
- Capital One - terrible service and company in hole 
- Allied Interstate / Capital One - harassing calls
- Capital One Securities Inc. - false winner of a shoppers sweepstakes 
- Capital One Bank - credit card
- Capital One Financial Corporation - 360 banking
- Capital One - customer service