Capella Universitylack of ability to finish my doctorate degree unless I start over everything!

L

Stay away from capella online university!

I spent over $60, 000 to obtain phd in nursing education. I completed all of the course work and my comps in just overt 2 years.in the second doctoral residency you select you topic and have it approved passing milestone 1 & 2.

When I reached the final doctoral residency I was told the head of the school of education had make mistake in her assessment and my work of two years was worthless, therefore I would need to start over at the beginning. This final research project was approved by the head of the school of education for capella.

This implies more time and more money. I went ahead and signed up for the doctoral classroom. The instructor was not help in trying to see if I could tweak at least part of my soe. The course is worthless. I made appoinmtments trying to see what would be acceptable and was told the road the journals.

I withdrew from this “classroom” as there was no assistance offered. I was told there is a class-action suit currently against capella. The search engine is full of dissatisfied and many others have been hurt in the same way as myself..

Do not sign any separation agreement or release agreement that capella may ask you to sign. Instead join in on the class-action suit. Just google it and you will get a number of hits relating to the class-action lawsuit and how to join in.

If you would life to join I am starting a page on facebook so please put your experiences there.

Laurie little, phd (C)
Former student with 3.6 gpa

• St
    Stop the Funding Jun 11, 2017

Feel sorry for you. I tried to stop them a decade ago.

• De
    deborahg1 May 17, 2017

I have over $250, 000 in student loans from attending Capella University. I have over 120 graduate credit that I completed toward my PhD. I am disabled, I had several financial difficulties and I was administratively withdrawn from Capella. I was re-admitted but not allowed to return due to outstanding fees due. After I paid the fees I was not granted re-admission. I completed all the course work (120 quarter credits) for my doctoral program and received my advanced graduate coursework completion certification. The only option that Capella offered me for receiving a master's degree, not a doctorate degree, after my denying my re-admission to the PhD program was that I could enroll in a master's degree program, complete 28 credits and re-attend all 3 residencies. At the end of the day I will owe nearly 300, 000, was not be awarded a PhD, and have to pay again for a masters degree at Capella. I wish to join anyone seeking to initiate a class action suit against Capella about their policies and practices. I have retained all records, evidence and correspondence. I feel as if I was robbed and totally violated. I am certain that I am not the only student in this predicament. Capella's degree programs need to be audited by the federal government.