Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Other Canada Post Sub station (post office) used when item needs a signature but no one is home.

Canada Post review: Sub station (post office) used when item needs a signature but no one is home.

K
Author of the complaint
8:58 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The 16th of June a card was left by the post person indicating that I have to go to pickup my registered letter at a postal outlet. The recently closed the postal outlet at my local drug store and sent me to a corner shop 3.5 KM from my home needing two buses to get to. However there is a postal outlet at a drugstore in a fair sized mall that requires only one bus to get to and is 3KM from my home. I called Canada Post to see the letter could be send to the more convenient location and was given a ticket number [protected] that the request was sent and would take 3 to 4 days for the move tobecompleted. In addition I asked why the item was not sent to the more convenient location, I was assured that this question was included on the same ticket.

On June 20th I received an email stating that "We wish to inform you that all the necessary actions in connection with your Canada Post Customer Service ticket have been completed and the ticket has been closed." The email indicates that I could reply to this email if I had any questions. I asked for a confirmation that the letter had been sent to the more convenient location. To date they have not replied.

On June 22nd I received an email stating that the item was sent to the right substation because it is tied to specific postal codes. Again I was invited to respond to the email. Again I asked for confirmation that the item was transferred and to date I have received no response.

Unsurprisingly, the item was never set from the original substation. I found that out when I tried to retrieve the item from the substation that was more conveniently located. So yes, I had to go to both to retrieve my registered letter.

More Canada Post complaints & reviews

Canada Post - parcel tracking
Canada Post - fake attempted delivery, fake tracking number
Canada Post - item stuck in richmond bc (up your cuunts)
Canada Post - undeliverable mail