Camping World2018 coleman 2405 by dutchmen

S Sep 11, 2018

re: VIN 4YDT24020JM935249

THIS SAME EMAIL WAS SENT TO CAMPING WORLD IN HAMBURG, NY 2 DAYS AGO WITH NO RESPONSE. :

"I am writing regarding a problem with my 2018 Coleman 2405 by Dutchmen. I have had it there (Hamburg) for service (warranty repairs) three times and the problem has not been fixed. I like the unit and the salesman was great, but the problem of a parasitic voltage draw on the battery is still there. I last picked it up from service on 9/1 at Camp Road, brought it to Ashford 30 miles away. The voltage was 12.2 volts when I got there. Eighteen hours later it was 10.2 volts. Three days later it was 2.8 volts (at the battery)! This should not be and I shouldn't have to disconnect the battery to maintain voltage, There seems to be a lack of understanding with the service department and/or the tech working on it.
I last placed a call with service manager (I left a message) Craig Carpenter and he has not returned my call regarding this matter which tells me their is a lack of concern to keep the customer happy. If this problem can't be resolved, and that's all I ask for, I will take further action at the corporate level, (hence this email) and/or instigate litigation. The problem was first noticed in April after I had it one month. It has taken a lot of my time to hook it up and drop it off more than once for the same problem not to have it fixed. Please contact me to discuss a plan to correct this problem. Thank you."

The last time I had it there they wanted to charge me $70. for further checking but waived the fee after I complained, after all it is under warranty and I shouldn't have to pay anything especially when it's not fixed! We cancelled one camping reservation while it was in for service. I have made numerous calls, including to the Tech Line and the customer service in Goshen, Indiana. Besides taking up a lot of my time, having an unknown electrical problem, I am also fearful of the possibility of a fire.

• Updated by Steven A. Walter · Sep 13, 2018

Haven't heard anything yet! Situation getting worse by the day. I missed a call the other day from them that I could not take, called them back three times and left a message on voice mail, and to date have not received another call or email.