Menu

Q
Author of the complaint
9:37 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a home in 1995 for 49, 000 and paid 5, 000 cash up front. C.I.T. financed it for 9.4900 percent for 20 years at 495.50 a month. They sold to Veriquest which is now Caliber Homes. My note was to pay off Nov. 15, 2015. Now they tell me that I owe them 18, 800.00 for intrest and fees on what they describe as misc. fees, but they can't tell me what fees nor have they ever in 20 years sent me any notices for any fees or misc.. etc. Needless to say they started out saying my note was a balloon note, but retracted when they realized that i had never signed any balloon note. They also say they can't find the records for all my payments for the last 20 years, but I do have proof of all payments. Caliber is not wanting to releasse my house to me even though I have paid for 20 years on a 44, 400. which they charged me 53, 000. initally ? with a total of over 170, 000. paid to them and they still want 18, 000. plus but can't tell me why ? Everything they have done so far is illegal, putting all my money in their pocket and calling it interest and nothing paid on principal. What do I do?

Helpful? 0 0

More Caliber Home Loans complaints & reviews

Caliber Home Loans - Loan Modification - Scam!!!!
Caliber Home Loans - Forclosure
Caliber Home Loans - Escrow account
1 comments
L
Jul 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Except for the amount (which was higher loan) - this story is almost exactly like mine. Did you ever get any help? Did you see this thread? (https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/vericrest-financial-complete-scam-broke-laws-c601591.html#c1415936)

0 0
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

41 complaints