[Resolved] C-Datemisrepresentation of service.

L Nov 01, 2019

I signed on to c-date under the impression of a one off week basis. After a week I needed it wasn't for me and decided to delate my account but there isn't any clear way to do this. I emailed them saying I want my account to be delayed and no more payment taken out. I was told to do this in writing an to fax it over to them.
Having wrote to them though email in regards, I felt that this covered the written part of cancellation.
I cancelled the money coming out after their fee came out of my bank for more than was stated and I don't like being mislead.
After a few weeks I got an email saying I owe a a month subscription of £120+ and that I agreed to pay it though their term and conditions. I didn't see this part and I haven't used there service and having previously tried to cancel after the first week I felt this matter was closed.
I have now got a 2nd email stating the deadline for payment has passed and I still owe money. Please pay or dept collection will come to resolve this matter.
I feel that I am being blackmailed into paying for something I didn't agree too or have fully explained to me. This has been an underhand tactic which is trying to defraud me out of money I simply would not have spent on a website such as this. I have no visible way to ever pay this. I don't understand why I am getting billed for something I didn't want nor originally sign up for.

• Resolution Statement

• C-Date Customer Care's Response · Nov 04, 2019

Dear Lee,

we're sorry to hear about your complaint. Please contact us directly at cs @ c-date . com from your registered email address and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header.

Thank you in advance!