Budget Rent A Carfraudulent charge on credit card

I

While driving a Budget Rental Car we received a citation for not cramping our wheels (a parking violation). This was on 10/16 and payment was due within 30 days. We paid the $47 ticket on11/06.
On 11/25 Budget charged our bank account $119. I called to see what the charge was. Their Customer Serive said it was for an unpaid parking violation. I was told to contact their citations department to rectify the situation. No one has answered their phones for the 2 weeks that I've been trying to reach them. I've left several messages. I faxed proof of payment to their dept. I emailed proof of payment to them. The City of San Diego emailed proof of payment to them. NO RESPONSE from Budget!!
BE VERY WARY OF RENTING FROM THEM as they keep a copy of your debit/credit card on file and evidently charge to it as they please.
I must note that their Customer Service Dept. was friendly, but unable to help me.

Anis Mar 02, 2009

Hi iatoga
    Were you able to finally get a hold of them? I am in the same situation as yourself and wasn't able to get a hold of them.

Thanks

• Je
    Jeff050 Jul 20, 2010

I had a similar problem, 3 times I faxed them a copy of my receipt showing I had paid the ticket. Finally out of the blue months later i get a letter from them saying they would refund the charge. I tried calling them multiple times before this and could never get anyone on the phone or to return my call. It's ridiculous, it shouldn't take months to correct a simple fixable problem and their is no excuse for not being able to get anyone on the phone or return a message.