Brookstonen-a-p blanket!

I purchased a N-A-P blanket/throw for my husband this Christmas from Brookstone. After opening the blanket we discovered it was too small to suit his afternoon nap on a couch purpose. I went to our local Brookstone store to exchange it for a larger size and was told no N-A-P products were returnable.

Nowhere on my sales receipt or the plastic case for the blanket is this policy stated. I was shocked and angry. I phoned the customer service number when I returned home and was told the same by one of their assistants. I insisted that if this indeed their policy, it must be printed or at least verbally given by a sales associate when purchasing the item. I will never shop in Brookstone again and I will go out of my way to discourage anyone from purchasing anything from their store.

None Dec 29, 2007

This really is a B.S. policy, I just went tonight to return a Robe that I received as a gift w/receipt and was denied. Called corporate and am awaiting a call back "Not holding my breath!" Moving on to Regional/District Manager next. What if I opened it and it had a Tear in fabric???

• 12
    123a123 Jan 24, 2009

you purchased a personal care item, this means its something that touches the body and therefore that makes it a non-returnable item because of illnesses and diseases that can come from others touching or using said item. blankets, pillows, trimmers and the like are all personal care and non-returnable at virtually every retailer.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices