Having problems with Vector Security?

+1 800 832 8575 (Head Office)
+1 888 883 2867 (National Accounts)
+1 877 300 4216 (Authorized Dealer Program)
+1 302 422 7031 (Central & Southern Delaware)
+1 954 351 9180 (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
+1 904 268 9454 (Jacksonville, FL)
+1 850 942 1400 (Tallahassee, FL)
+1 386 446 3363 (Palm Coast, FL)
+1 800 731 1408 (Baton Rouge, LA)
+1 800 796 3375 (Covington, LA)
+1 877 814 1226 (Shreveport, LA)
+1 800 688 0150 (Baltimore & Washington DC Area)
+1 888 683 2867 (Southern New Jersey)
+1 888 236 9580 (Parsippany , NJ)
+1 800 734 1553 (Trenton & Northern New Jersey)
+1 800 724 3441 (Poughkeepsie, NY)
+1 866 450 3191 (Raleigh Area, NC)
+1 800 852 2482 (Cleveland, OH)
+1 800 875 3960 (Gahanna, OH)
+1 800 545 6919 (Mansfield & North Central Ohio)
+1 800 227 0345 (Youngstown Area, OH)
+1 888 565 1570 (Lancaster, PA)
+1 800 252 7612 (Philadelphia Area, PA)
+1 800 756 9161 (Pittsburgh Area & West Virginia)
+1 800 222 6565 (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
+1 409 722 3700 (Beaumont & Southeast Texas)
+1 877 267 3784 (Dallas, TX)
+1 936 637 3377 (East Texas)
+1 800 253 7862 (Harrisonburg & the Shenandoah Valley)
+1 800 848 7476 (Richmond, VA)
+1 888 832 8674 (Virginia Beach, VA)
2000 Ericsson Drive

854 S White Horse Pike, Suite 1, Hammonton, NJ 08037

Trenton & Northern New Jersey
11 Princess Rd, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

Poughkeepsie, NY
Poughkeepsie, 59 Page Park Dr., Page Park Corporate Park, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603

Raleigh Area, NC

Richmond, VA
2805 North Parham Rd, № 500, Richmond, VA 23294

Virginia Beach, VA
349 Southport Cir, № 102, Virginia Beach, VA 23452

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vector Security.

Complaints & Reviews

Vector Securityunknown automatic renewal

I signed a 3 year contract with vector security in January 2013. In June 2019 I decided to change to another security company, since my nearest vector office is about 400 miles away. Prior to making my decision to switch companies, I spoke with vector and they did make a counter offer, (with a 3 year contract), but never mentioned that if I do switch there was an automatic renewal clause hidden in the small print of my original contract. Now that I have made the switch they want me to pay the remainder of the hidden contract renewal. It seems that their main concern is collecting moneis they do not earn. Very unethical.

Vector SecuritySuch an Awful Company

This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. Their staff is incompetent and you never get the answers to the questions that you ask. I now wish I had never allowed the sales person in my home. during that time they sit with you and explain everything. You sign the papers after hearing one thing from the sales person and what the fine print actually says. I still pay vector security company despite not using their service anymore. I went through another company so I have to pay for security that's not even utilized. Please STAY AWAY from this SCAM of a company

Vector SecurityContract Manipulation

Vector is the security company that was installed at the house that we are renting in Washington, DC. We did not activate the security system right when we first moved in but about 3 weeks later, there was a small fire in the house and we knew that we would have to be out of the house for at least a while and we would have a hole in an exterior wall. As a result, we decided to activate the Vector security system to protect our belongings.
      The installation person came and made some updates to the system and asked that I sign something. Apparently, what I signed was a contract which dictated a three-year term. We made it abundantly clear that we were renters and if there was ever mention of a three-year contract, we would NEVER have signed it. Now if we want to cancel the service, we will have to pay over $2000 to buyout the contract.
      I feel that this company prayed on us when we were in a vulnerable place and had us sign a contract where it was written in small print that it was 3-year term. This while knowing that we were renters. I feel manipulated and I would never recommend anyone use this company.

Vector SecurityUnethicl Sales Practices

Vector Security seemed like the way to go until we realized they screwed up our contract and made my Wife's grandmother responsible for our account. As I spoke to the sales man, We told him our grandmother used Vector in her home and he then offered us and her 3 free months of monitoring if my Wife's grandmother co-signed for us, we all agreed. We have yet to see a bill (we were installed Dec 2012). We just received notice from my Wife's grandmother that her bill has more than doubled. After looking into it, she is being billed for our service. After calling into Vector Billing, we were told that my wife's grandmother is the contract holder for our account... not the co-signer. Thinking back on the conversations I had with the sales man for Vector, I remember him telling us that if we signed with him before the first of the year, then he would meet his quota for the year. This is all telling me that he set it up this way to insure his bonus. This is not how good business should be done and I recommend that anyone looking for a security system for their home to look somewhere else.

Vector Security — Problems with billing

I've had Vector Security about a year now and have had automatic withdrawal from my bank account. Last...

Vector Security — Sales fraud customer service

All companies have negative complaints and Vector is no exception. They have been blasted for fraudulent...

Vector Security — BAD customer service and LIES

DO NOT EVER SIGN WITH THEM. The salesman will tell you all LIES to get you to sign and once you sign that...

Vector SecurityCustomer Service

I do not recommend Vector Security to anyone. I signed up with them a little over 2 years ago. I asked the salesman at the time if they had a military clause in the contract to allow me out of the contract if the military gave me orders to move. He indicated they did. I did not see it anywhere in the contract and called customer service prior to signing. They said it was company policy to let military members cancel with no penalty if they were provided with a copy of orders. I asked if this could be put in the contract and the customer rep said that she would “put it in our file.” Foolishly, I believed her and signed.

Low and behold I have orders to move out of state. When I called Vector to cancel, they told me they would only cancel if I could give them a copy of my orders AND a bill of sale of my house. As I am not selling my house, I informed them of the conversation I had with the salesman and customer service two years ago. They looked up my file and saw that it said we had been told we could cancel with military orders. They don’t care. I was told that despite what I may have been told in the past, they require a bill of sale. When I ask to speak to a supervisor I get the run around. Either he is out of the office, at lunch, unavailable, or I’m told that “speaking to a supervisor won’t change anything so there is no point in connecting you.”

I will likely end up paying the remainder of the contract as a penalty for canceling. Simply trying to cancel and pay the remainder (which the contract does say you can do) is nearly impossible. It took me 5 phone calls to 3 different numbers before I was given the details of what I need to do in order to cancel my contract and pay the penalty. I’ve learned my lesson, get it in the contract or don’t sign. Ultimately it is my fault, but Vector is a very shady company for misleading at the start, and giving me the run around now. Do not sign up for “service” from this company.

Vector Security — Insane Employee

I am not a customer, but have unfortunately met a truly insane employee of theirs. This person (while around...

Vector Security — Security Cameras Do Not Work

Vector Security is HORRIBLE! Their customer service is TERRIBLE and most of their technicians or NOT...

Vector Securityautomatic renewal

I entered a contract with vector in Feb of 09. I called in Sept of 2010 to cancel. I was told my contract expired in Feb of 2011, and they would cancel that time or I would have to pay a fee. I agreed, and as of June I was still being billed. I then called, and found out that they had renewed my contract for an additional year, without sending me a notice, and that my Sept conversation did not matter. I was then told I had to pay 319.00 that would cover me from june to the next Feb, even though I formally cancelled in June. What a scam--I am so discouraged, how can a company be so unethical?

• Ta
                Tarheel Mom Jul 11, 2013

I am also very dissatisfied with vector security. I have had my service since Feb 09. I called to cancel my service because our home was in foreclosure and they proceeded to tell me that I also would have to pay them $249.00 to cover the contract until the next Feb. Because the contract automatically renews every year if you do not call and cancel one month ahead of time; before your contact renews. I was NEVER told that when I signed the contract and I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANY ONE FURTHER. THEY WILL NEVER GET BUSINESS FROM ME AGAIN.

Vector Security SystemsFraud/Illegal Activity

Stacie, from Vector security Systems, came to my home and introduced herself as someone who was NOT selling a product. Lie #1. She then proceeded to tell me that because of my location, she would like to use our home as a "project home". Being a 'Project Home" would entitle me to have all of the equipment and labor for free. All I would have to do is pay for a 1year service. Lie #2. She also said that I was the last home in the neighborhood to be offered this. Lie #3. After talking to my neighbors, I discovered she was SELLING this to everyone. Two of my neighbors actually did do this and are now discontinuing the service. But the thing that really set me off was her asking me if it was ok for her to call in and verify that I am the true owner of the house. It made sense to me at the time, I could have been a renter. After her phone call, she told me there was a problem on their end and she would call me back tomorrow. She had me sign a small form and said it was permission to check ownership of my home. Lie #4. SHE RAN MY CREDIT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. The phone call she made was a credit check. I didn't pass and, of course, I never heard from her the next day.

Vectory Securitybad product and customer service

We just have Vector alarm system installed about one and a half year ago. We had several services done already. We were out of the country and the window sensor was already low battery(the system was just installed less than 3 months then) and they have to call our emergency contacts. We have to call overseas to make sure nothing is wrong with our house since they left messages that we have to call them back immediately. I was quite disappointed because the system was just installed and I already have problems with it. The succeeding months we have plenty more of problems such as two of the sensors are not communicating and then they also have to change the entire control panel since they cannot resolve our problems. Recently, the sensor went low battery, I called them up and they said it was going to be covered and I didn't have to pay anything, bu then after the technician changed the battery, they sent me a bill for $37! The battery cost only $4 if you buy them from the store. I should have changed it myself if it weren't for the customer service staff telling me that I wouldn't pay anything if they come and do it themselves. What kind of staff they have? They give customers inaccurate information and then charged you ridiculous amount for cheap batteries that they claim will last 3 years! I haven't even with them 2 years and I already have two sensors with low battery! I wouldn't recommend this company at all. Don't waste your time and money with them.

Vector SecurityUnethical Practice

I am being railroaded by this company. I had ordered one of those security monitors for my 86 year old mother. I got her this as a Xmas present. I was told I could cancel it at anytime, if she decided she didnt want it. After about 3 or 4 months, my mother didn't want it any longer, and my sister moved in with her to care for my mother. Well...I was told I would have to pay the whole contract, and that I signed the documents agreeing to this. I did not sign anything, what happened was when they came over my mothers house to install the equipment, they told my mother to sign several papers, which she did, not knowing what the heck she was signing, figuring they needed her signature because they had put in the monitor...So...with that said, I AM NOT PAYING THEM ONE DAMN DIME. I THINK IT'S HORRIBLE THAT THEY WANT TO MAKE AN 89 YEAR OLD WOMAN, WHO DOESN'T REMEMBER FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT, TO PAY THAT BILL! Do not pay them anything...they can not FORCE you to pay, they're just intimidating you...don't fall for it. I too couldn't believe what I was hearing when I was told I was bound to a contract by them...knowing I didn't sign anything. What really got to me was that I was a client of there's since 1994 for both my home and my business. And, I asked the woman I spoke to at Vector several different times if I was bound to any length of time with them, and I explained that my mother may not want this at all...So...IF YOU'RE READING THIS POST, DO NOT EVER USE VECTOR SECURITY, LEARN A LESSON FROM ME...

• Mt
                      M Togashi Jul 13, 2009

July 13, 2009. It's a scam do not sign up for a Vector security system. You will get burned. This is the same exact story taking place with my mom, who is 87 years old and has short term memory. Vector Security has taken an advantage of my mother. And will continue to scam other innocent consumers until the states need to intervene. We are all upset over it. She has supposedly signed a contract for $50/mo. for 5 years. We will be filing a complaint to all consumer business bureaus. Beside not paying the monthly fee does anyone have any other solutions or hints? She will not be able to pay these services. Vector Security has no ethics. Upset and mad Maryland consumer.

Vector Security — Fraud and cheating

The security system stopped working, the alarm would sound off and no one would call to verify everything wa...