Menu

reviews & complaints

Bright Money Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
63 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Bright Money with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Bright Money has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bright Money. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Bright Money complaints 79

Sort by:

Newest Bright Money reviews & complaints

4:19 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bright Money Took $$$ out of my account!

I seen this app on face book clicked on it sounded very interesting I signed up for it on the monthly plan paying 8.25 by the month not the year I'm not stupid I live paycheck by paycheck and 99.00 all at once I can't afford and I really needed there help but taking money out my bank when that's all I got and yall messed up and yall want fix it I even canceled my membership before yall even took the money out and as soon as it was takenmy bank notified me and it wasn't 10 min before I got ahold of bright money and filed a claim through my bank. I really hope someone makes this right. BRIGHT MONEY why. I really thought yall was what I needed...

Desired outcome: My money refunded

5:51 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bright Money Unable to login to account and constantly taking money from my bank account

I have been trying to login to my Bright Money account since May 5th 2023. I would enter my login information then was propmt to enter my social security number, after doing it an error message tells me to correct my ss number I chatted with customer service agent Samantha on Thursday May 11th. She said the issue was fixed wait a few hours and I can login. Wrong, it is not fixed. Bright Money everyday has taken money from my account and when I deposit money the take it. My checking account is practically depleted.

Desired outcome: I want my membership canceled and all of my money back. I also want a clear and precise explanation to why this had happened

Update by TheresaD3
May 12, 2023 6:00 am EDT

I went to my bank and place a stop payment to Bright Money. I think that us the only way to stop the money being taken from my account. When my refund is issued, a check is required. I don't trust them with access to my bank account.

B
4:17 pm EDT

Bright Money Subscription and services

I initially signed up to the service under the guise of a simple 10/m payment for 5 months which would be reported back to credit bureaus. Instead, I was given constant trouble with inconsistent payment dates and then after 5 payments were made the program broke its own agreement and decided 50 was not enough and increased my amount on its own with the warning that taking the money back at this point would negatively impact my score as they have "loaned me an additional $50" which I did not ask for. This is more than misappropriation of funds it is extortion. During this time i was also subscribed to a bright account which would give you access to features like being able to utilize bright credit to pay down credit cards and pay them back in a simpler monthly payment. This did not happen and was also locked away until this credit builder program was complete which apparently is allowed to just keep extending itself for however long it likes to. Overall, this is a fraudulent service, and the online chat is not functional. Representatives constantly leave the chat during conversations; claim they will follow up via email and never do and overall provide terrible support when connected. Attempting to cancel and receive a refund was met with a constant offer loop and disregard for customer frustration. This is an attempt in fatigue to wear down the customer in hopes they will give in and retain their subscription. These practices are huge red flags and ruin any chance of customer retention or program benefits. This company makes excuses after excuses and lies on top of lies. Every time I am told I will be emailed. I am not.

Desired outcome: I would like to be refunded for this $88 bright account subscription that I did not request and the full $50 that was debited from my account across the multiples of $10

Update by BteK101
May 17, 2023 5:22 pm EDT

Due to lack of communication and continued support communication failure I have filed a formal dispute with my financial organization. It's important to stand by your product. This is not how you build a customer base.

Lauren Blackwelder
May 23, 2023 10:08 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This happened to me, too. They told me not only could I not have my money back that I had already paid in without it negatively impacting my score, but it also basically forced me to continue paying for the service indefinitely even though I wasn't seeing any positive results from it. I cancelled the service after that and I still haven't gotten a refund for the money I paid into the credit builder. It's a scam.

Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I have a debt pay down plan on the bright app

I have a debt pay down plan on the bright app. I have a few of my credit cards on there and I had just assumed they were being paid as promised by the bright app out of my set aside account that there is funds in. The first month that I had the app I received emails when there wasn't enough money on my set aside to pay for certain things in which case I would arrange payment myself. I have not received any emails like this for a while. Come to find out all of the credit cards I have on the app that bright is supposed to be paying are all passed due. I've been trying to contact support about it for several weeks and I'm getting nowhere.

Read full review of Bright Money and 2 comments

2 comments
G
G
Ghost1722
Aug 26, 2023 11:03 am EDT

Bright money is a scam and fraudulent company everyone is complaining about the same scam thing so everybody can’t be lying on them smh

K. Friesen
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bright continually took ten dollars a month from me consistently without ever paying any of the cards I had on file. On top of that they offer a builder credit fund which I participated in. Once I realized the app was doing nothing but taking money from my account I contacted them and ask to have my account closed and my credit builder fund money returned to me and my subscription refunded. They have not done this, they have quite literally closed the account and stole my money. Below are the messages of where they said they would refund it and never did.

B
Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I found out someone open an account with my information and bank information

I found out someone open an account with my information and bank information. I cancelled this account because it was done with fraud and i was charged $9.99 and $10.00 from my bank account. I called on May 24 and May 25 and a male rep advised he saw that the account was closed and i will be receiving a full refund. However as of today June 1, 2022 i still have not received a refund and every time i call it states no rep is available and ask to leave msg.I have left several messages and no one calls me back. This company stole my money on a cancelled account and refused to refund my money. I am requesting a full refund for $9.99 and $10.00 ASAP

Read full review of Bright Money and 2 comments

2 comments
E. Ullrich
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company has just took *** out of my checking account. I have sent messages and chat messages and no one is responding. I have called *** 6x times and the phone just rings and after several rings someone hang up. I do not know who this company is but i need my money back in my account and all my information deleted from your system ASAP

J. Greenfelder
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They charged my card for a price i didnt authorize and i am unable to get in touch with them via phone, email, or chat. No one answers. i just want my money back.

Bright Money I somehow enrolled with bright money

I somehow enrolled with bright money. Money started mysteriously coming out of my checking account. Then I received a over $80 membership fee. I reached out to them and they said they have deleted my account and my money would come back. I have yet to see any of it yet. I feel as if this business is legit but I was scammed very much so and basically their company was a pop up screen. Ive now had around $136.88 removed from my account and havent seen a dime of it back since talking with them a week ago. This is extremely frustrating, very misleading, and I feel conned. You will see in the uploaded pictures of my account the 8 or so charges that appeared out of my account.

A. Skiles
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

False advertising on Instagram.. states that no credit report is necessary to apply. Once in application asked for Banking information to connect for monthly payment to be taken in the amount of $10 per month prior to approval. Based on income. Which this is not the only income I have. However while verifying monthly income apparently my FICO score was pulled. Which was not supposed to be done.

C
Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I attempted to sign up for Bright Money's services but after completing the registration process including linking my bank account, I was told I

I attempted to sign up for Bright Money's services but after completing the registration process including linking my bank account, I was told I didn't qualify for a reason I can't recall. I thought that was the end of that until June 21st I was looking at my bank account and saw a charge from Bright on May 24th for $14.99. I immediately began checking my emails for anything from Bright, found nothing, downloaded the app, attempted to log in and was unable to due to no account exists for any of my email addresses. I tried repeatedly to contact someone via the chat in their app and was told several times someone would contact me in 24-48hrs via email. I never got an email about my issue but on June 26th received an email informing me my support ticket was closed. I'm being charged for a service I don't even have an account for and support is apparently unreasonable.

Read full review of Bright Money and 3 comments

3 comments
M. Gleichner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I only looked into their services. I did not pick a membership or activate my bank account that they kept trying to make me do. To my surprise, they took *** out of my account with the highest membership price and threatened to ruin my credit if I canceled! Well I never signed up so how did this mess happen! I can't get ahold of them.

F
F
F. Nader
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

my bank account was charged me *** for something I don't even have or use and my bank overdraft me 36 dollars I'm very upset about this situation because I have not borrowed money from them I would like for my *** and 36 dollars to be refunded because it's fraud and I did not authorized any transactions

M. Zboncak
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company provides its service through an app that takes money from your checking and puts it aside for you to help you save toward credit cards. You can withdraw those funds back to your checking any time. I have withdrawn *** on July 20th. The company said 3-5 days to get to my account. It is now august *** to wait another two days. No one will tell me why it happened Im so frustrated because this is not their money? I am in desperate need of help at this point.

Z
Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money On October 5th, 2022, Bright Money took **** for a membership I did not want

On October 5th, 2022, Bright Money took *** for a membership I did not want. I contacted them asking for a refund and for my account to be closed, and they said once the transaction was posted, it would be reversed, and my account closed. They claimed this would take 3-5 business days. I have since contacted them two other times. The first time, the customer service representative refused to help, and told me they "emailed their boss" about my issue. I never received an email back from them. I messaged them again, and never got a response from their live chat. Their live chat also says when someone will be able to reply, and most times it would say I'd be waiting 5 minutes or less. During any conversation we DID get to have, it would be numerous minutes, even an hour at times I'd receive a reply. Their customer service absolutely will not help. I just want the *** refund, and my account to be closed.

Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I had contacted Bright Money via chat about a charge of *** to my account

I had contacted Bright Money via chat about a charge of *** to my account. I informed the agent that I was led to believe that I would be paying monthly, not yearly. I had asked the agent to refund that amount. The agent said it was no issue..and also told me I had Money in my stash..which is like a savings account. Bright is a financial app to help with assisting the consumer. She ask if I wanted that refund I said yes. She stated the *** hadn't reach them but as soon as it does..she will initiate the refund. Copy of the screenshots are attached. As of today I haven't receive any refund, except the $15 stash. Now I get a email and it seems they are giving me the run around. I just want my refund or if not I am filing unauthorized charges with my bank. It feels like a scam. Agents suppose to be available 24/7:as note on the app and website, but they are not...and there is working customer service number

N
Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money False advertising on withdrawals from brights accounts to my personal accounts

False advertising on withdrawals from brights accounts to my personal accounts. I was told It would be solved but the problem still persists its going on three weeks to get my money but yet I haven't received the funds in my account there seems to always be an issue either the engineering team the account team or just excuse after excuse again it's been three weeks the first deposit had the same issues they never fixed it I simply want my money not promises to give me my money or fixe issues the bugs aren't my problem me not having my funds has affected my mental health and emotional well being. I'm stressed and depressed to the *** and I need help.. PLEASE IF YOU ARE A BRIGHT MONEY CUSTOMER CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY THE SOONER THE BETTER BECAUSE YOUR FIGHT IS JUST BEGINNING ON GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK DONT ALLOW THEM TO MANIPULATE OR TREAT YOU AS IF YOUR FINANCIALLY ILLITERATE GET YOUR MONEY AND DELETE THE *** DONT LOOK BACK

Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money i signed up with bright because i was told i could get a up to a **** do u7redit builder of 5 pmts of $10 dollars i completed that now they want

i signed up with bright because i was told i could get a up to a *** do u7redit builder of 5 pmts of $10 dollars i completed that now they want to do another 50 which wasn't part of the deal it says it takes 3-6 months. i paid for 6 month of service at 6.9p a month total of *** and 5 pmts of 10 dollars so another 50. but every time i try to contact them them have excuses after i get ignored for days with my membership im supposed to get 24/7 support which doesn't happen not once Ive asked to be refunded all my money due to not being given what im promised. but that could effect my score in a negative way i been told which makes no sense. im overwhelmed and frustrated and feel i get no respect. now im being ignored again and put off i just want my money back since im not being taken care of. i also have bunch more pictures of messages of bring ignored and told 24 hours Ive called number of times and no one is available or get hung up on.

David Weatherman
Jun 13, 2023 6:24 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Seems they messing with me in same way now. Think is a big con.

W
Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I canceled my Bright Money account in April 2022, I have the emails from support showing I canceled it and that I wouldn't get charged anymore

I canceled my Bright Money account in April 2022, I have the emails from support showing I canceled it and that I wouldn't get charged anymore. I thought that would be it and let it alone, I noticed this month November 3rd, 2022 that I had a $9.99 charge from Bright Money, an app I didn't have on my phone since April and I canceled. I checked my bank account and they have been charging me since April, they never stopped. I sent an email to their support department at the beginning of November 2022 about this and received only the automated response that their support team had received my email and would reach out personally. I have not received any additional response from them, I have tried calling but always get "Our agents are unavailable to take your call right now". This is fraud since I rescinded my authorization for them to withdraw funds from my bank account and canceled the account. This has accounted now to $69.93 which was not authorized to be debited from my bank account, which this company needs to return.

Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money This is my 4th attempt to get a phone call or email from this company

This is my 4th attempt to get a phone call or email from this company. It has come to my attention they care nothing for your customers only for the $$$$$$$I am REQUESTING as well as DEMANDING they STOP ALL TRANSACTIONS from my checking account! They need to delete/purge my personal information such as all my credit card accounts and bank information from their systems!As of today they have removed 2.73 4/18 5.00 4/19 and 9.99 4/20 from my checking account. These amounts I would like refunded back to me VIA a check form, as I have revoked their access to my checking account. They are a scam of a financial helper. SO NOT not clear in the presentation they offer and that they are going to be taking small amounts [STASH as they call it] daily from my bank account. I only saw the monthly fee in the information reviewed for the SECURED balance account and that was to be on the 5th of each month and as of today it has been taken out 4/20/2022.I have sent 2 emails left 3 voice messages and tried to use the *** function in the *** all I get is a Rep will respond with in *** . Its been longer than that

H
Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I have been relying on Bright Money to pay my credit cards for over a year

I have been relying on Bright Money to pay my credit cards for over a year. I give them access to an account that has more than enough money to pay everything and then some, and they were reliable for many months. But, in June, they didn't pay one of my cards and I got a late fee. I told Bright about it because they guarantee and say they'll cover late fees. They did not cover this late fee, but instead sent me an email that said, "we have successfully raised a refund request," but there was no refund and I don't know what that meant. I asked what it meant, and nothing. I asked again a month later, nothing. And then another month went by, and I noticed they weren't withdrawing money, so I reached out on social media. I finally got a reply but they told me to email them. They still are not responding to the emails, which I have forwarded again. And NOW they have missed paying another card and I will have another late fee. I don't even know how to talk to a person or cancel my account. They charge me $9.99 a month. I would like a refund of the late fees and the months they have not been doing what they said they would do.

Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I had a credit builder account with Bright which charges $9.99 to have

I had a credit builder account with Bright which charges $9.99 to have. I paid $10 a month to the credit builder in the hopes to get the balance transfer they said I could be eligible for after paying for three months. Well, three months went along and the page for the balance transfer wasn't changing, no reason why. I don't need to pay $9.99 for nothing. I can pay my bills and build my credit that way. So I've not gotten anything from this, false promises. So I'm out $29.97. But that isn't my main issue. In addition to this misleading advertising, Bright will use the "smart money" feature which I didn't fully understand and take money from my account without ANY notification. They act like since the money is currently there all is fine. It's not if I have bills coming out against that amount which I did. They took money out (about $15), I didn't know, I paid a bill and it bounced resulting in an ach fee. I've shown them the proof several times and they blame the utility company, um NO. I paid with money I should have had in my account if you hadn't taken it out without warning. I actually only randomly found out because I happened to look in the Bright app. I can't be checking my bank account multiple times every single day. They eventually (after much hassling and many days) put that $15 back and the $30 I paid toward the "credit builder" loan, but they won't repay the ach fee ($32) or my membership money ($29.97). I paid for a membership to get screwed over. The customer service is awful. I have been dealing with this for over week.

Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money On 8/2/2022 I downloaded the app Bright and began to link my credit card account

On 8/2/2022 I downloaded the app Bright and began to link my credit card account. I signed up for the premium membership after being convinced it was the best way to pay off my debt. I was told they would lend me $50, Id pay them back in $10 intervals, and that it wouldnt hurt my credit but it would raise it. A few days in and I notice that some of my credit card accounts are showing as paid off when they are not and instead the app is pulling money into an internal savings account that I did not authorize it to do. I contacted Bright money on 8/5 and despite the advertised 24/7 support I didnt hear back for 24hours. When I did hear back they simply sent me a explanation of how the service worked and closed out my support ticket. I reached out again on 8/11 because the issued had not resolved and I again was ignored for a day. I requested a full refund at that time and never heard back. When I finally heard from a support staff my experience was the same as before, a robotic, word for word, repeat of the message I had gotten from the last support tech. Once again my request was closed out before I had indicated having gotten the help I needed. And my request for refund was ignored. I went into the app on 8/11 to cancel all memberships and billing and was told that they would be reporting to the credit bureau that I stopped services and my credit score would drop. This is directly contrary to their claim that none of their services would hurt my credit score. *** tried to reach out to them again about a refund but nobody will help me and they dont have a direct phone number, only chat bots.

Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I had a membership with Bright that I was paying $14.99 a month for

I had a membership with Bright that I was paying $14.99 a month for. With this membership and settings I had on my account, Bright was supposed to take care of paying my credit bills each month with money they take from my checking account. Last month Bright missed paying two of my credit cards and I incurred late fees on both cards. This isn't the first time this has happened with Bright missing credit card payments which is what their service promises to do. If they miss a credit card payment and you incur a late fee they are supposed to reimburse you for that fee. I've been reimbursed in the past but with this most recent incident, Bright's support has been totally different and they're refusing to reimburse me. I also had to reach out to their support team 3 days in a row because they were not responding. I reached out on 7/24/22 & 7/25/22 and received no response. I finally received a response on 7/26/22.Due to the constant issues I've been experiencing with Bright I canceled my membership and changed my settings for each credit card back to me being responsible for paying them instead of Bright. Bright is now saying they can't reimburse me for the late fees because my settings say that I'm responsible for paying these cards now even though at the time the late fee occurred they were responsible. Bright owes me $58 dollars in late fees that they're refusing to pay and most of the time they do not respond to support requests. This company does not provide the service they're claiming they do and they aren't honoring their agreement to reimburse costumers for late fees on cards they're responsible for paying each month.

Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I signed up with Bright Money, bc I was told about the referral bonus that they are running

I signed up with Bright Money, bc I was told about the referral bonus that they are running. It states that it's $25 for yourself, and the person who referred you, after each person has a $10 transaction on the Bright Money app. Also, $125 for 3 referrals, but is temporarily at $500 for 3 people. The site intentionally makes the directions confusing. They have not paid anyone, that I'm aware of. The $10 to satisfy my sign up bonus, was pulled from my bank account on 9/26. I should have gotten my 1st $25, right after I paid the initial $10. Not only did I not reforge anything, but I have 5 referrals pending, who have also spent their $10, and I've received nothing for them. The site says that they all have to settle within the same month, for you to receive the additional bonus. What they're doing, is just not clearing referrals, so they won't have to pay the bonus! They are also not paying the promised $25 upon signing up and spending my own $10. This is definitely intentional false advertising and tryin to bait customers with a fake referral bonus that nobody can actually get...I have contacted Bright, no less than 10 times! I keep asking why I've recieved no bonus, and why I'm showing as "transaction pending", for bonus eligibility, but the 1st transaction cleared on the 26th of September, and I've also made an additional $20 transaction, since then! THEY EITHER DO NOT RESPOND AT ALL, FOR DAYS AND WEEKS, OR THE FEW THAT HAVE RESPONDED, SIMPLY SENT ME A CUT AND PASTE, CANNED RESPONSE, FROM THE KNOWLEDGE BASE, ABOUT THE REFERRAL PROGRAM! WHICH IS COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL, BC I KNOW ABOUT THE REFERRAL PROGRAM AND THERES NO REASON WHY I SHOULDN'T *** RECIEVED CREDIT, FOR MYSELF AND MY REFERRALS, AND THE WOMAN WHO REFERRED ME, SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAID FOR MY SIGN UP, LAST MONTH, AS WELL...

Bright Money has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bright Money I downloaded Bright money as I was in the process of getting my credit in the best condition to purchase a home in next few years, big mistake

I downloaded Bright money as I was in the process of getting my credit in the best condition to purchase a home in next few years, big mistake. This company who advertises 24/7 support is next to impossible to speak with anything but a bot. They were unable to either establish or hold a sync with any of my accounts defeating the hole purpose of the program but they sure were able to magically reestablish connection with my bank once a month to withdraw money. After finally speaking with someone a couple months ago they were going to close account and deposit money back in my accountnever did. I said forget it its only 30 bucks and then a week ago I start getting messages threatening to hurt my credit unless I pay money for months of a service I hadnt used and didnt deliver in the first place. I tried contacting them and still havent heard a response and I tried to sync my bank account with them but shockerthey dont link to Huntington. So then I tried to link my old bank who I was in the process of closing so didnt have much money in it just to go ahead and pay their *** rather than have my unblemished credit tarnished annnnd nopeunexpected problem in the sync just like old days. I emailed them and reached out on the app requesting to close my account since they never did the first time. Instead of a response 6 days goes by and *** the negatives. This has been a nightmare dealing with and Im sooo tempted to go speak with a lawyer about being compensated for any negative impact this has on my credit and for threats Ive endured demanding payment for services never rendered. Ive already filed a complaint with chase and I expect that money back in my account plus any fees from the bank for overdrawing my account. This was the worst and most stressful *** hundreds and unknown credit damage.

Read full review of Bright Money and 28 comments

28 comments
P
P
Plaikin
Irvington, US
Nov 25, 2023 6:30 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Downloaded the app,opened up a account n linked my bank account n within days was charged 8 tines for $25.00 n 3 charges r still pending on my account. Been getting the run around on getting my money back

Jenesis Tucker
Oct 22, 2023 7:01 pm EDT

Randy Tucker Hall

[protected]

SSN 9165

Money is coming off chime account but I see no change so if I can't see change please cancel my account credit score haven't changed

Jason Oladiji
Sep 30, 2023 9:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In addition to no longer supporting my card that was working on their system about an hour ago, they refuse to update the app so I can not see how much they have stashed or if they are making payments on my credit card

Marissa Price
Sep 26, 2023 1:28 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

When I signed up it said to be $7/month for 12 months. When the first month started it automatically took the 89$ making my account negative and with overdraft fees - $116 . I did not agree to that. I have contacted the chat . Someone said it would be refunded but it has yet to bein my account. Can I please speak to someone about this

rcox47
Damascus, US
Sep 25, 2023 9:38 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Last month I decided not to use the service and I followed the instructions to cancel and get a refund. It's been almost 2 months and I still haven't gotten my money back. I emailed them several times and I get the same old email saying how to cancel. This company shouldn't be allowed to do business like that.

Steven Kim
Sep 23, 2023 7:27 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bright Money took out $87 frim my account for year membership without consent, contacted several times for refund, keep getting run around.

Timaah
Frederick, US
Aug 26, 2023 1:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was unaware money was taken from my account. Leaving my account overdraft. I didn’t even know about the membership. I just saw i was charged. I want my money back and I don’t want no membership. How would you pay to build my credit?

R1 Ayala
Aug 23, 2023 12:43 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They said to fix this but still loosing money overdraft 7 times 405 dlls no emails yet and nobody answered the phone number

Aleika Champion
Aug 19, 2023 11:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bright money is kept withdrawing funds on my accnt when i have asked them multiple times to removes such feature and nobody have got back to me and the company is still taking my money on my account its like every other day they're taking funds on me account i dont care if ita just few cents.

Jamie Hammock
Aug 19, 2023 5:02 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I downloaded the app to loom around. It said to link your bank to see if you get approved for an advance. I did this. I couldn't get it to work so I deleted the app. Two days later, 89 dollars came out of my account without permission and I want it back. This is absolutely unacceptable. Worst app ever. Customer service is slow and terrible.

Overview of Bright Money customer experience

Bright Money is a personal finance app that faced several negative comments from consumers. Customers complained about the app's slow processing time for rescheduling a payment plan. Many users also reported that the app did not provide accurate credit scores, which led to confusion and frustration. Additionally, there were complaints about the customer service, who were unresponsive and unhelpful in resolving the issues. These problems have tarnished the brand's reputation and raised concerns about the efficiency of its services. Overall, it is imperative to consider these negative aspects of Bright Money before choosing it as a finance management app.