Menu
Bright Money Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Bright Money
reviews & complaints

www.brightmoney.co

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.8 79 Reviews

Bright Money Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
63 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Bright Money with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Bright Money has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bright Money. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Bright Money reviews & complaints 79

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Bright Money reviews & complaints

H
7:35 pm EDT

Bright Money Membership

Extremely misleading when signing up. Indicates 8 dollars a month with 99 being the total for the year. The charge for the ENTIRE year was withdrawn from my account. If you only have a yearly membership option do not include monthly amounts.

To make matters worse any routes of contact for customer service are dead ends. I need immediate assistance to he able to feed myself and afford gas etc.

I feel defrauded and am looking forward to filing class action with all of the other obviously disgruntled customers.

Desired outcome: Refund and settlement

Carmella Allen
Jul 13, 2023 1:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the exact same issue now! I experienced the same thing! Extremely misleading. Had the app for two weeks and was charged $99

View 0 more photos
10:04 am EDT

Bright Money Membership I did not apply for

Hi good afternoon I noticed that you took $99 for my account I never applied for this bright membership I don't know why you took money out of my bank account I would like to get in contact with somebody in regards to getting this money put back into my account but every time I call the number I get a recording saying you're open but nobody answers the phone

Desired outcome: A refund so I don't have to dispute this with my bank I'm never ordered this I tried the email nobody's gotten back to me I can't wait any longer than like 24 hours before I dispute this

Update by Rose Lehan
Jul 07, 2023 12:03 am EDT

So yesterday I filed a complaint because I noticed there was $99 missing from my account that I never authorized and the money was missing from Bright I got an email saying that you had received my complaint and let somebody would get back to me within a few hours well this did not happen I'd rather straighten this out with you people then dispute it with my back but if I have to I will either way I will get my money back I did not authorize this I do not want to be enrolled in this and I appreciate it if somebody could get back to me as soon as possible

5:04 am EDT

Bright Money bright money

on July 5 2023 I went online to check my bank statements and notice bright money took an amount out that's not authorized.this was the second time this has happened to me. Im very unhappy about what is going on. going t

into somebody account un just taking money that does not belong to you is unreal. im a mother of 5 who is going through hardship so when you guys took out that money it set us back.

Desired outcome: please refund my money and closed out this account

Read full review of Bright Money and 3 comments
3 comments
Jayne Montgomery
Jul 11, 2023 4:07 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the same problem. They've given me oven $300 in NSF. I can't get into my account it's like I never even had an account.

Kaos1582
Madison Heights, US
Jul 10, 2023 5:35 pm EDT

Same issue as me and I had to change my phone number but they wouldn't answer or get back to me yet they keep taking money out.

W
W
willi1214
griswold, US
Jul 06, 2023 9:34 am EDT

i have the exact same problem as you. the other day they just yanked money out of my card for no reason for the second time

4:36 pm EDT

Bright Money Membership charge

I never signed up for a membership and on July 3rd 2023, I was charged $99. I reached out to bright several times about the inconvenience that caused but I got no reply but a robotic reply and when trying to call them, their number is invalid. This has caused a strain on me severely.

I desire for them to return my money to me so that the burden that has caused will go away.

Desired outcome: I desire for my money to be refunde back to my bank account.

T
9:14 am EDT

Bright Money They dvertised a line of credit I try to apply but when I found out they're not actually offering anything

Filled out an application for alarm credit. When I saw that they were not actually going to give me one I discontinued application I never finished it and I never signed up for their service yet that they charged me one month later for an entire Year's worth the service that I have never used or never wanted. They won't refund me even though they have never provided me a service of any kind. I contacted them and they lied to me. They said that they canceled my subscription but they didn't I had to go later and cancel it myself. They said I would receive an email about my refund I never did. They took $99 out of my account and overdrafting me. They're taking advantage of people with financial hardship

Desired outcome: Refund

N
7:02 pm EDT

Bright Money Unauthorized purchase

This so called company charged my account in the amount of $99 for a membership July 2023. I have no idea who these scammers are and how the hell they received my information. I do not need nor have I ever needed anyone to fix my credit. Website is even sketchy once I looked them up. You all trying to steal from people that pay attention and count every cent.

Desired outcome: Refund and apology

Y
1:57 pm EDT

Bright Money Membership fee charge

This company deducted $99.99 on June 23, 2023 from my bank for a membership I didn’t apply for. They have not refunded me and I keep getting the run around. They will not respond to my emails and chats. This is clearly a scam. They did not have my permission to deduct this amount and now I am out this money! Since the withdrawal from my bank account took place late evening on 6-23, I tried called the following day 6-24 which was Saturday and the business was closed. I called back during business hours on on Monday 6-26 at 12:40pm and spoke to a gentleman who told me I would get my money back in 4 days. I have not received anything as of today. I tried calling but get a message they they are busy and I need to leave my phone number and someone will call me back. I left several messages and Nobody has called me and I doubt they ever will!

Desired outcome: I want Bright Money to refund me the $99.99 the deducted from my bank without my permission.

B
1:55 pm EDT

Bright Money Scam

Upon opening this app you are immediately signing up for a membership with no details of that given to you. I cancelled mine immediately and was basically threatened that it will affect my credit. I never approved access to my bank account information but somehow they have it? I can’t afford anything coming out of my account right now especially something I didn’t sign up for. What an unfortunate scam on people merely seeking out their options.

Desired outcome: No charges to be made or Immediate Refund if charged.

Update by Bridges82
Jul 01, 2023 12:03 pm EDT

Following up- I now have a $100 balance due to this on my credit report. Just for opening this Ap. What a piece of [censored] company.

Update by Bridges82
Jun 30, 2023 2:32 pm EDT

Here is the alert I was sent upon requesting cancellation.

View 0 more photos
R Everett
Oct 22, 2023 12:15 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They doing the same thing to me. Just to my money. Don't respond and lie to you then go silent.

7:58 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bright Money No response or customer service, can’t get my refund

Week 2 and STILL NO HELP! STAY AWAY

By far so dishonest! I have been trying to contact someone for 2 days through chat, phone and email and no one has responded or answered. I canceled my account and I had $99 taken out of my account and it was canceled on my end before the withdrawal date. I am very annoyed and I would not recommend anyone to this app or company. No assistance and no help.

Update:

Week 2 and day 4 and still no $99 refund. I am over this and highly frustrated with the lack of trust and intentionality of this company. I have not been able to reach out to anyone for DAYS and no one responds or calls back. No customer service and no follow up.

Again, I would not never recommend this to anyone.

06/30 UPDATE: STAY AWAY………

STILL NO ANSWER FROM ANYONE! I repeat, DO NOT USE THIS APP OR TRUST THEM AT ALL. This is a scam and sadly I have reached out to a lawyer to be involved! This is not OKAY! 06/30 The guy in the FB chat is not giving the best advice.

It’s a DEAD END RESPONSE EACH Time! STAY AWAY. You can’t the email the contacts they give You (NO RESPONSE FOR DAYs). The chat does not work and you are on hole for 1 hr on the phone, I have left 4 voicemails…no call back.

Desired outcome: I want my $99 refund today. You took it out instantly but can’t het in touch with anyone for 2 WEEKS!!

1:22 pm EDT

Bright Money Bright money membership fee

I never signed up for a membership and don't have ANY credit card debt but they sure did take 99 dollars off paycard and I called and canceled my "memebership" but here I am still waiting for my 99 dollars back on my card they sure did take my money real fast but I can't get an answer on when my money will be back on! I shouldn't have to wait days and days for my money when they took my money real quick!

Desired outcome: My money back

N
11:18 pm EDT

Bright Money Bright Money membership

This company illegally took money out of my bank account and won't give it back. I have NOT used their services in over a year and I did NOT apply for a membership. I have been fighting with them to tlreturn the $71.88 they took from me for a week now. They just keep giving me lame excuses; "your refund has been initiated and you will receive it in 1-2 business days." That time has come and gone and still no money returned to my bank account. I had to call twice as first call was disconnected when I stated I wanted my money back, then the second one she says it was cancelled and would issue a refund. I've sent emails as well. Enough with the runaround and refund my money now!

Desired outcome: I want my $71.88 returned immediately. They should have to give me extra for the aggrevation.

P
P
P Alyse Grey
Jun 24, 2023 12:03 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They are doing the same with me right now.

E
9:38 pm EDT

Bright Money Unauthorized Charges

Their savings program is NOT optional

They claim to be able to track your spending and siphon unused money into a “savings” account to help with budgeting credit cards

After switching savings off many times in the menu, it turns on. After customer service said four times that it wouldn’t turn on, it turns on. Four months after I resolved my balance with them, and stopped using the app, the savings turned on and started withdrawing money from my account again

The app does not launch on my phone and their customer service number is dead. As far as I can tell the app is defunct, but they are still “saving” money for me in an account that I tried many times to cancel

The first month with the app feels good, until you find out there’s no leaving their scheme

Desired outcome: For this company to cancel account. I was led to believe this was the case already. I don’t want any further business with themI want the unauthorized withdrawals to stop

S
1:59 am EDT

Bright Money Unauthorized membership fee

I did not give permission to take 99.00 out of my bank account and I want a refund asap! You can’t reach anyone only through chat and it says they will get back to you in 48 hours but they don’t. They are not clear on how much you will be charged. It looks like you will be charged 8.25 a month but they charge you 99.00 instead. This is very bad business practice and this company has alot of complaints about this same issue and more. I joined on 06/12 and never was told they would charge me 99.00. You can’t reach anyone to get this resolved. I want a refund of 99.00 asap!

Desired outcome: I want a refund now for 99.00 not in a year from now! If I don’t get my refund now I am filing a complaint with BBB.

D
6:32 pm EDT

Bright Money Subscription, fees, loans

I got on app and signed up thinking at most was 10/ mo. And said would give me credit to pay off my high interest credit cards. Well now saying I have to do this for 5 mos. Before can get it. If I had 5 mos. I wouldn't need it. I need it asap like promised. We'll then out of no where my account was charged 36 dollars. Which I never signed up for anything yet that would cost money. Well not only they take 36 from me. That 36 cost me my car payment not to go through. I tried calling to get fixed get recording and hung up on. Emailed them 3 times. Nothing it's a joke. Fooled me.

Desired outcome: My credit loan to pay off debt like promised

D
1:55 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bright Money Bright Money took money out of my account for subscription unauthorized!

I signed up for bright money thinking I was only going to pay 8.25 monthly and they took out 12 months worth of 99.00! Bright money was not what I thought it was and I don’t even want the subscription and I went to cancel hoping I would get refunded and it’s telling me it won’t cancel till June 2024! No I want my money back the full 99.00, I have no use for this app, Bright money give me my 99.00 app! You guys need to be more informative about how the monthly fees are taken out, you lead people to believe it’s a monthly payment when really you have to pay a whole years worth, totally not cool!

Desired outcome: Want Money refund 99.000

7:09 pm EDT

Bright Money No one will speak to me

I am having a very hard time getting a hold of these people they won’t call me. I needed, I am honestly trying to get help with my credit in my finances, so even though I have not heard anything back from bright money, I still linked my bank and credit card to an account with them, all good ads I have been seeing, I figure it couldn’t hurt and then I also saw that I pay my credit card bill through them so I that, so every since I did that I still have been trying to get a hold of someone and still nothing no live chat no calls, and now i’m wondering why they have not paid my credit card bill yet and why do they keep changing the date of when they gonna pay my credit card, it’s frustrating it’s upsetting me. I don’t understand. I just want to help with my finances and my credit that’s all and I can’t get a phone call or response or nothing from these people I don’t understand. Just trying to fix my financial situation, can someone please help me with this I don’t want to get a late fee on his high credit card that I paid a lot of money for and I don’t know why, but I definitely don’t want lacey and I just holding my money and they keep changing the date

Desired outcome: Somebody to reach out and help me like I’ve been wanted, or to pay my credit card or give me my money back [protected]@outlook.com [protected] please excuse any typos, mistakes, or whatever I’m just upset at this point thank you

Update by Anthony L Jefferson
Jun 07, 2023 7:12 pm EDT

Yeah this is crazy please help thank you

M
11:01 pm EDT

Bright Money Membership

Bright Money is a scam..They deducted a unauthorized membership fee from my bank account..When i tried to contact them about the transaction. No one has contacted me back. It's been 4 days. When i notified my bank about the transaction my bank immediately closed my account and will not open another account for 45 days. So now the money i had in my account is frozen. So now I'm forced to open a new account with a new bank. Had to contact accounting at my company to setup a new direct deposit with a new bank. Bright Money has been nothing but a nightmare. No 24/7 assistant exists like they say they have! Nothing line that at all..Very shady company. I would not recommend letting them have any type of access routing numbers, account numbers to your bank accounts at all. The App didn't help me it hurt me and put me in a terrible position. And with no way to contact them. All tou get when trying to contact them is a bot. That's it.. no human contact what so ever.

V
11:03 am EDT

Bright Money Stupid membership

I got charged $100 on my debit card for a membership I never wanted I only tried this stupid ap because I had a trail so no money should’ve been taken out of my account and what’s worse there is no way to call or get in contact with a live person. This is complete fraud and I just want my money back and to close this stupid thing. I’ve even tried to resolve it with my bank account. I had something that money needed to pay off and without my consent had been removed

Desired outcome: I want my money back and close this account

B
12:56 am EDT

Bright Money Bright App

I want to build my credit and the Bright App convinced me they would help me build my credit and give me the money back that was “borrowed”. Not only did my credit score NOT INCREASE the last 6 months according to their app. $10 have been taken out of my account every month. And then this month (as of June 2,2023) they took $47.94 out of my account on top of the credit building program. It’s confusing and appears to be dishonest. When I cancelled my subscription to Bright. They told me my credit score would go down and my credit builder account balance went from $60 to $15. So for this reason it appears to be a scam to me.

Desired outcome: I want my money back!! That’s over $100 you guys have taken from me

11:45 pm EDT

Bright Money Bright Money Service Fee

Nowhere did it tell me there was a service fee. Also it is taking money from my account on a random basis instead of specific due date. It’s consistently asking me to refer someone but how can I do that when it’s not even doing what it states it’s supposed to do and taking out additional money from my account.

Make it make sense! I message the customer service and get no response. I even emailed and have yet to receive a response over a week later.

As far as I’m concerned this is a SCAM at this point!

Desired outcome: Refund of money and account closed without a ding on my credit report.

Bright Money Customer Reviews Overview

Bright Money is a financial management app that aims to help users manage their money better. It has received mostly positive reviews from its users, with many praising its ease of use and the useful insights provided by the app.

One of the best things about Bright Money, according to reviewers, is how easy it is to connect with and manage different financial accounts. The app is designed to help users get a complete picture of their finances, including their income, expenses, debts, and investments.

Many reviewers have also praised Bright Money for its helpful recommendations and insights. The app can help users identify areas where they can save money or reduce their debt, as well as track their progress over time.

Another benefit of Bright Money is the app's ability to personalize its recommendations and insights based on each user's unique financial situation. Reviewers have found that the app adapts well to their specific needs and goals, helping them make more informed decisions about their money.

Overall, Bright Money is a highly-rated financial management app that offers a lot of value to its users. Whether you're looking to improve your budgeting skills, manage your debts more effectively, or invest for the future, this app is definitely worth checking out.

Bright Money In-depth Review

Overview: Bright Money is a financial services company that offers a range of solutions to help individuals manage their money effectively. With a mission to empower users to achieve financial wellness, Bright Money caters to a diverse target audience seeking personalized financial guidance and support.

User Experience: Bright Money's website boasts a sleek and modern design, making it visually appealing and easy to navigate. The intuitive layout ensures that users can quickly find the information they need and access the various features offered. Additionally, the website is fully responsive, providing a seamless experience across different devices.

Services Offered: Bright Money offers a comprehensive suite of financial services, including budgeting assistance, debt management, savings optimization, and personalized financial coaching. The company's commitment to providing a wide range of services sets it apart from competitors, ensuring that users can address multiple aspects of their financial well-being in one place.

Customer Support: Bright Money excels in customer support, offering multiple channels for assistance, including phone, email, and chat. The customer support team is highly responsive and effective, promptly addressing user queries and concerns. Additionally, Bright Money provides a robust self-help resource section, including FAQs and a knowledge base, enabling users to find answers to common questions independently.

Pricing and Fees: Bright Money maintains transparency in its pricing structure, clearly disclosing all fees associated with its services. The affordability and value for money of Bright Money's services are commendable, especially considering the comprehensive range of financial solutions provided. When compared to industry standards and competitors' pricing models, Bright Money offers competitive rates.

Security and Privacy: Bright Money prioritizes the security of user data, implementing robust measures to protect sensitive information. The company's privacy policy and data handling practices are transparent and align with industry regulations and standards. Users can trust that their personal and financial information is handled with utmost care and confidentiality.

User Reviews and Ratings: User reviews and ratings of Bright Money across various platforms reflect a high level of satisfaction. Common positive feedback highlights the effectiveness of the financial coaching, personalized recommendations, and the user-friendly interface. While some users have expressed minor concerns regarding specific features, the overall sentiment towards Bright Money is overwhelmingly positive.

Pros and Cons: The main advantages of using Bright Money's services include its comprehensive range of financial solutions, user-friendly interface, and responsive customer support. Additionally, Bright Money stands out with its personalized financial coaching and recommendations. However, some users have noted that certain features could be further enhanced, and there may be room for improvement in terms of additional educational resources.

Conclusion: Bright Money is a highly recommended financial services provider for individuals seeking comprehensive and personalized assistance in managing their finances. With its user-friendly platform, competitive pricing, and commitment to customer satisfaction, Bright Money has the potential to thrive in the industry. Whether you're looking to optimize your savings, manage debt, or receive personalized financial coaching, Bright Money is well-equipped to meet your needs.