Menu
Bright Money Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Bright Money
reviews & complaints

www.brightmoney.co

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.8 79 Reviews

Bright Money Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
63 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Bright Money with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Bright Money has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bright Money. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Bright Money reviews & complaints 79

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Bright Money reviews & complaints

1:45 pm EDT

Bright Money Bright money

I signed up with the understanding that this service was to help me get my credit on track, and I read that it would $8 something a month, but instead, I was charged $99 dollars which caused my bank account to overdraft. Nowhere did it say that I was going to be charged $99 for membership or I sure as heck would not have signed up! I canceled that same day and requested a refund. Was emailed that I would receive in 4 - 5 working days. It’s going on over a week! I’m very frustrated and I hate that I can’t speak to someone in person!

Desired outcome: I just want my refund back!!! What can I do!?

Bright Lending
Los Angeles, US
Aug 16, 2023 12:18 pm EDT

I agree. Same thing happened to me. The resolution they offreder me did not include a refund. This is a scam

G
1:45 pm EDT

Bright Money Bright Money

I somehow got signed up for this AND today I noticed an $89 withdraw from my account! I emailed them and told them I did NOT sign up for this and she (Polly) sends me an email telling me to use the app to cancel. I tried to explain that I NEVER signed up for it in the first place! You can’t call because when you try it hangs up. When you try to chat it just tells you to email them! This company is stealing money from people and they need to be shut down! Supposedly on the app I applied on the 9th of August with a 30 day free trial. This is the 15th so why am I being charged $89!? Scam and the company is being reported!

Desired outcome: A want a refund of $89.

8:58 pm EDT

Bright Money Builder account

I only clicked around in their app for a basic acct WEEKS later almost over a month I was charged $99 and I called them immediately that day the charge was still pending. I was told I'd receive my refund in 3-4 days. I never did and since have not been able to get thru to anyone after MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS. Such a scam! I never used the services but they kept the money!

Desired outcome: I want my $99 back! I will not stop until I get it back!

11:30 am EDT

Bright Money Bright money plan

I do not know what this is and would like my money refunded to my account I do not know how zi got signed up for this product, but I have no use I thought this was a loan company not a credit builder was deceived by the appearance of what this program really is please refund my money and cancel this plan as soon as possible or I can dispute with my bank

Desired outcome: refund

1:46 pm EDT

Bright Money Bright money

I opened an account with bright money back in May, they are supposed to automatically take out 10.00 a month from my account for six months. They charged me 59.00 up front and took out one 10.00 payment. Since May I have tried to reach someone via chat, email and phone to see why the payments are not coming out as the money is in my account and I do not want this to hurt my credit. However, no one will contact me back. No one will help me and I am concerned that this is a scam and that it is going to hurt my credit.

Desired outcome: there is no outcome, i have tried almost daily to reach someone since the end of May and can not get anyone to reply to emails, chats or answer their customer service line.

6:34 pm EDT

Bright Money Unauthorized bank draft

I downloaded the brightmoney app because it was supposed to help me track my spending, help get my credit back on track, and let me know where I could cut costs. I never saw anything about, nor heard anything about a $99 membership fee. If I had, I would have never signed up. However, on july 29, they deducted $99 from my bank account which created a substantial hardship for me. I tried calling their customer service line but "no one was available to take my call". I then attempted to "chat" with a representative and was told they would get back to me within 2 days. I haven't received a call back yet. Then, as a last resort, I emailed the company to get a refund of my money and received an "acknowledgement" email in return. It is now august 6 and no one has ever called me back, responded to my chats or my emails. Every time I have called their #, all different times of the day, I am told that "no one is available to take my call". I fully believe this is a scammer website. I now see that they have rebranded under a new name, which is very suspicious. I am still trying to get my money back but I would suggest this website/app to no one!

Desired outcome: I WANT MY MONEY BACK

L
L
Lbake
St Augustine, US
Aug 08, 2023 12:40 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was charged $99 as well without my authorization which caused me to have to take money out of savings to cover the charge. I have been trying to reach out to Brightmoney to cancel my membership and get a full refund. I actually spoke to a real person today for the first time (8/8) she sent me an email with instructions on how to cancel and request a refund; none of which work! Now I can't get a real person to answer the phone again to try to resolve this issue. This is truly a scam and no one should sign into their app and try out their service because it sucks!

6:44 pm EDT

Bright Money Unauthorized charges on checking account

I began having withdrawals from my checking account from Bright Money on 7/19. The withdrawals were in batches of six debits all totaling $1.00. In total, I have had 46 debits in my checking account from Bright that I did not authorize. There were two 9.99 debits and a one-time 2.76 debit. The withdrawals seemed to come in the middle of the night as well. I attempted to call Bright 5 times in the course of a week at all hours of the day to see if someone would answer, and I only would get a recording advising me all reps were busy and to email customer support.

So I emailed customer support on 7/26 and was advised someone would follow up with me in 2-3 days. No one ever did. I then sent another email on 7/31 and got no response. Another batch of small withdrawals came out from Bright. So I attempted to call again and got the same message I got the time before and I sent another email on 8/3.

I've attempted chatting with a rep on their live chat app option and no one ever responded. I can't even access the so-called "account" Bright has under my name to try and close the account.

This has got to be the worst customer service I have ever encountered and I'm going to dispute all charges with my bank and block all future attempts to debit my account from Bright and then file a complaint with the BBB because this company is acting fraudulently and refuses to assist people and provides false statements such as when someone will follow-up with them, which is never.

Desired outcome: I would like to be reimbursed for all funds withdrawn by Bright, and allowed access to the account so I can close it myself to make sure all banking info and personal is completely erased.

Read full review of Bright Money and 2 comments
2 comments
Michelle C 75
Aug 22, 2023 9:55 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I've had the same thing happen. I cancelled my membership after no response from customer service using the app or emailing them with questions or concerns initiating payments to my credit cards and then saying it would be paid after the due date! Now, I'm trying to get them to stop the auto withdrawals and can't get a response. I may have to contact my bank to stop it.

Christina M Bethel
Aug 07, 2023 10:27 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This happened to me. Bright Money took an unauthorized $36.00 out of my account 2 days later on July 31st it was back in my account. Then on August 2nd I had the $36.00 taken out again and I did not authorize this transaction. I called, email and tried to live chat nothing no response. I emailed them last Friday telling them if the money isn't in my account by Monday I was contacting my attorney. So I emailed them this morning August 7th and told them they have until the end of the day to put the $36.00 back in my bank account. Because in the morning I am reporting them to BBB. When the first time this happened I went to cancel it delete my account and there's nothing they tell me to sign up again.

P
11:48 pm EDT

Bright Money refund for charging me 3 times for membership i did not authorize

I downloaded the app to check it out. Never signed up for an actual membership and it began taking money out of my checking for membership and savings/stash. It took me two weeks to reach by phone and it has only been twice that I have been able to. I am now 2 months later multiple emails and them requesting the same info and statements and still no return and I cant access the money that is on my app. total between overdraft charges and the money i can't withdraw but will allow me to add if I wanted to we are looking at over 200 bucks. and I havent recieve an email in over two weeks.

this is the worst customer service I have ever seen. they need shut down.

Desired outcome: i want the refund they ok'd and the money on my app. soon.

brandy maxwell
Aug 03, 2023 11:28 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I went through the same thing! They took out a $99 membership fee which I can’t find anything about on the app, the most I am aware they are to be taking out of my account is a $10 payment towards a $50 “loan” that I don’t have access to! This has never happened and there is no where on the app that I can find that I have paid the $99 payments but they keep coming out of my account! I go no response from customer service, I had to dispute with my bank for refunds.

1:49 pm EDT

Bright Money Bright money refunds

3 weeks ago bright m9ney took money from my account . I did not sign up for this. I emailed 6 times for my 99.00 dollar refund. Every email is computer generated saying I will receive my refund in 3-4 days. I tried calling their phone number no answers and refers back to email them. Starting 4 week no refund no way to contact a human. This company is not user friendly and does not refund for services not rendered. All I want is my money back. I can see that this will never happen. Do Not Use this app

Julie r.

Desired outcome: Refund 9f 99.00 dollars

3:08 am EDT

Bright Money Stash

In October we had a family crisis situation and shortly there after I had to stop all extra expenses. I have emails showing that the last time money was taken out was in December 2022. Well, just as I started getting back on my feet I mean, literally just stop talking to borrow money from my family and friends. Bright Money starts with drawing little insignificant amounts for my account up to eight or more times a day each time initiating an overdraft fee for $29. I needed to add money in my account to pay some bills and when I went online I see I’m $315 overdrawn how in the world am I supposed to pay my bills and the overdraft fee. I immediately reach out to Bright Money and it was a headache to get a hold of them. The gentleman that helped me was really nice. Said that I would be getting a refund and I’ve been waiting for that since June 20 since then there has been over 30 withdrawals, even though all mu settings are off. Each resulting in an overdraft fee of $29 I have called emailed and chatted numerous times all verifying that no money should be debited withdrawn from my account. Yet it is still happening .

Desired outcome: All overdraft fees payed

10:03 am EDT

Bright Money Membership Fee

I looked into Bright Money and did download the app. However, I was not interested in membership especially given the cost. I never agreed to it. I never received anything confirming I had. I had no reason to believe I was going to be charged anything. On July 14, 2023, I was shocked to see that a $99 charge had been deducted from my checking account. I immediately contacted Bright Money and deleted my account and requested a refund of the money I did not authorize. I received a reply stating my account had been cancelled and that I would receive a refund (if applicable) within 3-4 days. That has not happened. I have also contacted my bank in order to prevent any further unauthorized charges being made by them.

Desired outcome: A refund of $99

S
8:22 am EDT

Bright Money Bright money co

I downloaded the app and made and account. Then got charged $99 for a membership I never signed up for ,now I'm trying to get in contact with someone and no one is getting back to me, I called which i can never get to a human and I emailed their support account and still no response, my account was already low and they just screwed me because now I have nothing left. Ridiculous

Desired outcome: Get my money back and cancel this membership

3:00 pm EDT

Bright Money Taking money out of my account

Please refund all the money you have taken out of my account and cancel my subscription that I never asked for. I have emailed bright money several times and no one has notified or has gotten back in contact with me.on 6/30/2023 $99.00 was taken out as a membership fee on 07/03/23 another dollar was taken out on 07/18/23 a total of $1.20 was taken out and as of today 07/20/23 1.00 was taken out spoke to the aka their bot because I can’t get hold of a live agent and said I would have some one to contact me in 48 hours…

4:20 pm EDT

Bright Money Bright Money subscription

I downloaded the app and they brig you through the setup process and then by the end you’ve been signed up for their subscription without even being asked. I was charged $99 and had no idea why. I contacted them to get a refund and it’s been almost three weeks and I haven’t seen one. I never used any of the functionality besides setting up my account.

Desired outcome: I want a refund

S
2:12 pm EDT

Bright Money Complaint

I was charged $99.00 on Wednesday, July 13 for a service that I had cancelled in June. I still have the email showing it cancelled and being told that there would not be any withdrawal from my account. I cancelled it clearly, and within the "free" trial. Now all I get is the runaround and they say that the refund will take 3-5 business days. It didn't take that long to pull it from my already low account. In addition to my $99, I should also be entitled to get my transfer fees (since the bank had to move money from savings to cover it) plus the $70 in overdraft fees that they caused. I am extremely frustrated and can't get a person to respond I just keep getting the stupid canned bot response. Has anyone actually gotten a person?

Kristin Eastman
Jul 18, 2023 4:29 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hey Sandra! The same thing happened to me. Go to your Home Screen in the app and then see MY Stash - there should be $99 from your refund. Then you can withdraw into your checking account. I just figured this out on my own today.

7:54 am EDT

Bright Money Bright Money

Within the last 2 weeks or so I signed up with Bright Money since I'm having such success with kickoff.

After signing up I was unaware of the $99 membership fee that was taken out of my checking account!

Several attempts to get the issue resolved to no avail. As of now, I closed the entire account with them.

Want my money back into my account. I am not able to afford $99 membership fee right now

Desired outcome: Want $99 refunded back into my account

10:13 am EDT

Bright Money Subscribing

I never signed up or had an account. I’d appreciate if you would refund my 36.$ to my account as i dont even know what this is but i know you took money from me. I do not have a company nor do I even need your business. Jennifer heady [protected]@gmail.Com [protected] if for some reason you need to get ahold of me please do as I’m contacting the better business bureau

Desired outcome: I don’t have an account but if anything in my name CANCEL REFUND OF 36$

T
2:58 am EDT

Bright Money Membership fee

Downloaded app to help budget finances and few credit cards. Once filled out all questions and basic info they synchronize with my bank accounts which was current and could see all my charges then says let’s start budget. All my credit cards and stuff they weren’t even accurate on balances and charges so I started thinking a scam and backed out and deleted app. 3 weeks later a $99 membership was takin out of my bank account. They won’t respond to emails, no phone number, live chat is automated response or once you start it I will get a response like 18 minutes later with single words like “hello”, “do you need something”. So I opened a fraud investigation with my bank.

Desired outcome: So far my bank can’t even get in touch with anyone. The bank paid my $99 back to me while they keep researching

12:46 pm EDT

Bright Money Bright

I have tired chatting thought chat box and sent 2 emails since Wednesday. I got charge $99 for monthly service I thought was supposed to be just $8.25 I'm on disability I live paycheck to paycheck. Those $99 left me with $28. I should sue for false advertising and bring ripped off and put into financial hardship! I want a refund! Please this is wrong! You can't do this to people!

Desired outcome: Refund of $99

Update by MaritzaCorazon
Jul 14, 2023 6:14 pm EDT

I was charged $99 and I didn't agree to this, because of this I was left with $28 in my bank and I needed that money for groceries. I have emailed them sent them chats and this issue hasn't been resolved I just want my $99 back so I can buy food. I have provided screenshots of my conversation of charge of $99 to my bank account and I honestly have been very affected by this. I don't have much and for them to just take $99 is appalling. I'm not the only one who's complained for the same problem. Please please help me get my money back. I have kids I have to support. This is highway robbery

9:47 pm EDT

Bright Money Charged me when I haven’t even completed my account

I went through steps to look into bright money account connected my bank information and when done it said to start my account I would need to make a $50 deposit and pay it down. I was not ready for that step so I left everything as is and decided I would start when I had the funds to pay the deposit. A day later my account had $99 dollars taken from it and I need my money refunded. This is unauthorized money pull I should have been able to pay when I was ready I don’t owe you all I have never borrowed any money from bright money please refund me immediately. I have tried emailing and messaging through Facebook with no response it has now been 3 days

Desired outcome: Refund.

Bright Money Customer Reviews Overview

Bright Money is a financial management app that aims to help users manage their money better. It has received mostly positive reviews from its users, with many praising its ease of use and the useful insights provided by the app.

One of the best things about Bright Money, according to reviewers, is how easy it is to connect with and manage different financial accounts. The app is designed to help users get a complete picture of their finances, including their income, expenses, debts, and investments.

Many reviewers have also praised Bright Money for its helpful recommendations and insights. The app can help users identify areas where they can save money or reduce their debt, as well as track their progress over time.

Another benefit of Bright Money is the app's ability to personalize its recommendations and insights based on each user's unique financial situation. Reviewers have found that the app adapts well to their specific needs and goals, helping them make more informed decisions about their money.

Overall, Bright Money is a highly-rated financial management app that offers a lot of value to its users. Whether you're looking to improve your budgeting skills, manage your debts more effectively, or invest for the future, this app is definitely worth checking out.

Bright Money In-depth Review

Overview: Bright Money is a financial services company that offers a range of solutions to help individuals manage their money effectively. With a mission to empower users to achieve financial wellness, Bright Money caters to a diverse target audience seeking personalized financial guidance and support.

User Experience: Bright Money's website boasts a sleek and modern design, making it visually appealing and easy to navigate. The intuitive layout ensures that users can quickly find the information they need and access the various features offered. Additionally, the website is fully responsive, providing a seamless experience across different devices.

Services Offered: Bright Money offers a comprehensive suite of financial services, including budgeting assistance, debt management, savings optimization, and personalized financial coaching. The company's commitment to providing a wide range of services sets it apart from competitors, ensuring that users can address multiple aspects of their financial well-being in one place.

Customer Support: Bright Money excels in customer support, offering multiple channels for assistance, including phone, email, and chat. The customer support team is highly responsive and effective, promptly addressing user queries and concerns. Additionally, Bright Money provides a robust self-help resource section, including FAQs and a knowledge base, enabling users to find answers to common questions independently.

Pricing and Fees: Bright Money maintains transparency in its pricing structure, clearly disclosing all fees associated with its services. The affordability and value for money of Bright Money's services are commendable, especially considering the comprehensive range of financial solutions provided. When compared to industry standards and competitors' pricing models, Bright Money offers competitive rates.

Security and Privacy: Bright Money prioritizes the security of user data, implementing robust measures to protect sensitive information. The company's privacy policy and data handling practices are transparent and align with industry regulations and standards. Users can trust that their personal and financial information is handled with utmost care and confidentiality.

User Reviews and Ratings: User reviews and ratings of Bright Money across various platforms reflect a high level of satisfaction. Common positive feedback highlights the effectiveness of the financial coaching, personalized recommendations, and the user-friendly interface. While some users have expressed minor concerns regarding specific features, the overall sentiment towards Bright Money is overwhelmingly positive.

Pros and Cons: The main advantages of using Bright Money's services include its comprehensive range of financial solutions, user-friendly interface, and responsive customer support. Additionally, Bright Money stands out with its personalized financial coaching and recommendations. However, some users have noted that certain features could be further enhanced, and there may be room for improvement in terms of additional educational resources.

Conclusion: Bright Money is a highly recommended financial services provider for individuals seeking comprehensive and personalized assistance in managing their finances. With its user-friendly platform, competitive pricing, and commitment to customer satisfaction, Bright Money has the potential to thrive in the industry. Whether you're looking to optimize your savings, manage debt, or receive personalized financial coaching, Bright Money is well-equipped to meet your needs.