BrandsMart USApoor customer service

R

I recently purchased a Samsung Plasma TV. The first one they brought out had scratches. The second one also had scratches. Another customer noticed it and pointed it out to me twice. He explained that Brandsmart is known for selling rejected refurbished products. He went on further to explain which make perfect sense to me know, that they open the boxed TV's so when you go home and detect the problems yourself you won't come back and claim they were there since you inspected the product. Since the first and second TV's had scratches on the upper left hand corner, I accepted it. I later tried to return it and they would not accept it since it was beyond the 5 day policy. I explained to the Manager of the TV department that the TV is brand new and in the box, never opened. He continually interupted me as I tried to explain that I have bought over $5K of merchandise in the past month, "no one can refund you the money". The sales person never mentioned a 5 day policy. I called customer service and they would not tell me the return policy on HDTV's without looking up my telephone number and verifying the receipt which tells me they don't have a general policy. I also bought a refrigerator which turned out to have a defect. They first asked if I had the boxes and later stated that the service dept rep would have to come by otherwise I would be charged a 20% restocking fee. The problem is intermittent so I've held off on the service call. My Ex purchased and had to exchange several washers since they all had some kind of defect. I have seen people after people being rejected in their attempt to return merchandise. Brandsmart now has a zero day return policy on some product (Buyer Beware). If you can find another provider on the internet or locally do so. Dealing with this company should be a last resort. I have learned my lesson. Always ask the details of the return policy from buying from this retailer. I recently noticed someone trying to return an mp3 player and they wouldn't take it back. That day, everyone got their returns rejected. Oh, and by all means, make sure you count each and every screw and part when trying to make a refund. They will look for any excuse in order to try to wiggle themselves out of having to make a refund. In my opinion, they would rather lose a customer than to lose a sale. It will catch up to them sooner or later.

• Ey
    Eydie Bowe Mar 06, 2009

Dear Robert,

My name is Eydie Bowe, VP of Customer Operations, BrandsMart U.S.A.

Customer Service is #1, in our company, please contact me directly at: