Bottom Line Books - Treasury of Health Secretsbook never received

L

I ordered this book, Treasury of Health Secrets, but NEVER received it. After awhile they sent me a bill saying it was the second one they sent, even though I never got a bill for this book before. was trying to find a phone # for then & found this site!

• Bo
    BOBUPANKZMIBUT Apr 05, 2011

They are the "BOOK NAZIS" get them.

• Li
    lina brown Apr 01, 2011

ALREADY SENT IN PAYMENT AN THEY KEEP SENDING ME A BILL

• Ju
    judie greene Nov 18, 2010

Just today I received in the mail 3 books and a pharmacy discount card that I did not order.
    Came with an invoice stating "thank you for you on-line order", and says I owe $47.94.
    I ORDERED NOTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! I moved recently (within the past 2 weeks) and this outfit sent the books to my NEW address! How did they get my new address, when I've never ever heard of them before!
    The books are: "The World's Greatest Treasury of Health Secrets"
    "Uncommon Cures For Everyday Ailments"
    "100 Most Common Medical Blunders"
    and the "Pharmacy Discount Card". This is a first for me, so I will pay to send them back. If it happens again, I'll just burn them!

• Mu
    mugsy57 Oct 26, 2010

thanks everyone, i am glad that i checked this all out. I was about to order this book. Them havein hugh downs marketing the book for them is what caught my eye. i almost got scammed. Just one more thing to worry about everyone is out to steal your money

• Tb
    TB!!! Sep 12, 2010

WOW, this organization is another example of how to steal, and then get away with it. Kind of sounds like what we have been seeing from a lot of other people, organizations, and our government.

Hugh Downs should be ashamed about being connected with this organization.

• Cm
    cmar070 Apr 18, 2010

i found this link on the better business bearou regarding this company. the "parent company" is called Boardroom Inc. It provides all contact info. I hope this helps someone.

• Kc
    kcarlan Feb 27, 2010

I want to thank all of you for this feed back my husband is 76 and in much unexplained pain. he saw the add for Bottom Line and wanted me to order it now that I have read this I will NOT thank you again

• Ca
    Carlos Hamer Jan 05, 2010

Thank you ALL. I will not order this book.

• Db
    D Balach Oct 14, 2009

My wife received a bill many months ago for a book and I paid the bill thinking it was for a book she ordered. It turned out she did NOT order the book, it was unsolicited, and she was irate at being scammed. My error in paying the bill caused the company to do it AGAIN and this time she has filed a better business bureau complaint (bbb.org). It turns out there are hundreds of complaints against the company and it seems to me that they are preying on senior citizens. BEWARE BOTTOMLINE BOOKS.

• Go
    God Bless Oct 03, 2009

OK friends. I just opened an envelop that said "Invoice Enclosed". It was for $29.95 for a 12 month subscription to this Bottom Line organization for the books I (didn't) ordered. Today you can't go to a website without being tricked into signing up for a $9.99 a month charge on your At&T bill...so beware of giving your cell number. I learned this the hard way. At&T did give me a refund on two such subscriptions. Then there is the FREE credit report which we are entitled to one time a year, but the websites are numerous where you accidentally sign up for a $29.00 a month "monitoring" subscription. Try getting that refund. They get your credit card number by offering to include your "credit score" for about $5.00. You have to go to "free annual credit report.com" i believe it is to avoid this scam. Just be careful and read all the little print.

This was apparently generated by my visiting the website looking for medical information. You can get all the free information you need from Drugs.com, Mayo Clinic, any number of actual free sites. I certainly didn't knowingly sign up for even e mail from them. I have enough unwanted health e mails coming in already and they are good information, just too much of it. I will begin Monday to try to tell them there is no use in sending (they say already in the mail) me any free or otherwise books and I will call the Attorney General's office to file a complaint.

Our country is overun with "UnAmerican Activities" nowdays. Millions of people are picking our pockets. AND at the risk of alienating my friends...I think the government is going to ruin us before this is over.

That's my opinion. Let the war begin. I am so sick and tired of this kind of thing. I make every effort to avoid it and I still get "hit".

• Ka
    Kathy j. Smith Sep 30, 2009

I ordered Bottom Line Book, Treasury of Health Secrets and after having NEVER recieved the book, I did recieve their BILL saying I needed to give them their installment payments that I had missed! I contacted the company after having to find their number on the internet and cancelled the book . Am planning on reporting them to the Better Business Beaureau in their state if they harass me anymore. Then I 'll call the Attorney Generals Office in their state! The company is a bunch of crooks. The lady at the company couldnt give me her name, only her initials, stating this as company policy! Gee, no names, no phone number on their bills, smells like a rat to me!

• Pj
    P. Jones Sep 01, 2009

At 3 PM today (9.1.09) I called Customer Service at 1.800.678.5835 and spoke with Yolet requesting a postage paid return label so that I could return the books in the "Treasury of Health Secrets" package. Additionally, I asked that no further materials be sent from BLB and that my name and address information NOT be shared with any companies outside of Bottom Line Books and Boardroom, Inc. When you get a statement from BLB you are informed on the statement that they intend to share your information and that you must send them a note to request that information not be shared. I saw no reason that could not be accomplished via telephone. Yolet stated that I should receive the return label within 7-10 days and that my account was being canceled. We'll see.

• Bo
    Book is worthless Aug 25, 2009

I ordered the Treasury of Health Secrets and received it (and the other free things) on 8/19/09. After taking a cursory look, I decided I did was just hype and did not want it. I got a customer service telephone number [protected] and called for a physical return address. That address is 3600 Army Post Road, Des Moines, IA 50320. I'm returning my books FedEx with a tracking number so I get an official receipt date with signature. I don't trust these people at all.

• Av
    averagecustomer Aug 10, 2009

Actually, Bottom Line Books are quite reputable. It may have just been a billing/order error made by someone. I have bought them time and again and have never had a complaint but for an occasional order error which they have rectified with minimal hassle.

• Pr
    prayn Aug 10, 2009

Bottom Line Books sent me 2 books that I never asked for. In fact, I had never even heard of the company or the books until they arrived at my home. I did not open the package, but immediately wrote "return to sender" and took them to the post offiec. I aso sent them an email telling them I did not order, nor would I pay for the books. I told them I had already returned them. Now, about a month later, I receive another bill from them. I am writing "return to sender" on the bill, and it will be mailed tomorrow. Does anyone know of a class action suite being filed against these crooks?

• De
    Debbie52085730 Jul 13, 2009

Bottom Line sent unsolicited books to our home and requests payment of $47.94 or they will submit their bill to collections. Otto Huebner is the Credit Manager. We didn't solicit the books sent and didn't bother to read them because we had no interest in their subject matter. I'm going to send their invoice back to them without payment and because they've offered no phone number to contact them, will request a means to return them. I don't feel it should cost me anything in shipping.

• Rg
    RGarcia Jul 13, 2009

Ordered a second book, because of the claim "New & Updated" - it's the same book that I had received in 2007 !!! The published date is 2009, but it's the same 'mediocre' information as in 2007 - word for word !!!

Jean Dill Apr 15, 2009

I need to send the book back but also I would like their telephone number to confirm the address that I need to send it back to so I have no problem with the invoice. This book is very misleading.
    Thanks
    Jean Dill
    [email protected]

• Ag
    agnes m schwan Feb 26, 2009

My cancelled check #5305 dated Nov 4 2008 cleared my checking account The bank no longer mails the checks in our statements Bottom Line Books is harassing me saying I have not paid Finally 10 days ago I mailed the book back to them as well I feel they now owe me Today I received another letter from them threatening Collection Agency Referral Help me please Sincerely Agnes Schwan Aberdeen SD 57401

• Fr
    frank Feb 25, 2009

book up at my house if they like because I will never pay for something I never ordered and that there are plenty of people on a blog that has been scammed the same

jeff kelley Feb 12, 2009

sounds like a classic ripoff to me, i would call postmaster and the better business bureau and report this company. and shame on MR downs.seems like people will do anything for a buck no matter who it hurts

jeff kelley Feb 12, 2009

sounds like a big rip off to me check with postmaster and see if they can stop this compnay from ripping off everyone and mr down's shame on you

Anita Burgess Dec 01, 2008

I received the Bottom Line Year Book 2009. I did not give any authorization to send this book. I will not purchase this book and will be sending this book back to the company.

• Br
    BR Nov 28, 2008

I too got a book from them, returned it unopened and they continue to bill me. They have no internet address or phone.

• St
    stan shulman Nov 24, 2008

Thanks so much for the phone number that they try so hard to hide. Bottom Line sold the health series to my 93 year old father who didn't want them in the first pace. I called, asked for, and recieved a return label in about 3 weeks and then returned the books. Today, 4 weeks later I got a bill for the 2nd installment and the "past due" first installmenmt. I called and got a rep righjt away who SAID he noted my account as having returned the books, told me to ignore the bill, and said my balance was now zero. If he did what he said, I am pleased with the result, although annoyed tht I had to go through the hassle.

• As
    assistant Nov 24, 2008

Try contacting your state or federal representative to intercede. The company seems to cave quickly when elected officials/ attorneys call them.

• Bi
    Bizzy Jones Nov 24, 2008

I too, have had numerous rip offs from this company. I am still fighting to straighten out my account. How can this be allowed to continue. I am still waiting for a reply for a FREE Postage Paid sticker so I can send back a book I did not order.

The other day I got a pile of freebies that were supposed to come with an order I was supposed to have asked for, but I didn't ask for or order anything at all. PLEASE; can't some-one in the state or country step in???

We in this country have enough problems without this Mighty Mouse flailing his arms around and taking advantage of us.

• St
    Stan Nov 23, 2008

Bottom Line Books is a fraudulent money extortion outfit.
    The United States Postal Inspection Service is in process of investigation of Bottom Line Books.

• Ai
    aimee Shah Nov 22, 2008

How come I did not have a complaining site like this when Mr. Rooter The Great Plumbing compony stole my five hundred fifty dollars and ran away?

I was not the only one. There were a lot of others who suffered but nobody cared.

I am surprised that, this book got so much publicity. I wonder who is behind it all?

Thanks, Aimee

• Mi
    Mike Anderson Nov 18, 2008

I also ordered treasury of health secrets. I never recieved the book. I also got a bill claiming that I hadn't paid my bill and that this was my third statement. I am just glad I didnt give them any credit card info. This is certainly a scam company.

• Ca
    Caine Baron Nov 10, 2008

I ordered a book on Healing from Bottom Line Books and after looking through it ...I do not feel that it is nearly the quality of information they stated in their emailings to me...

I would like them to contact me about returning this book as they agreed to in the ad campaign...

Sincerely,

Caine Baron
    [email protected]

Annett Thomas Oct 07, 2008

I received what Bottom Line is referring to as a 2nd bill (never received first bill nor the book). My first alert was that the bill didn't include a telephone number, just a PO box. I called Bottom Line and they claim it was shipped on 08/29/08. They offered to send me another book. I declined, explaining that I didn't feel comfortable with the company based on my internet research and the fact that there was no contact number on the bill. They offered to cancel my account.

• Ha
    Harold Hersh Sep 14, 2008

inv.received for Treasury of Health Secrets. to my knowledge I have not received it. I ahve placed orders before (yearly magazine subscription and Bottom Line's Balanced Healing and both have been paid some time ago. Since then I have not ordered any books.Thia invoice for 31.96 is incorrect because I did not get it . Can you help me get this straightened out? I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Harold Hersh

• Fr
    Frances Presher Sep 14, 2008

I ordered and rec'd The World's Greatest Treasury of Helath Secrets. Sent a check for full am't of $47.94, which they rec'd and cashed. Then, arrived another book, which I returned unopened, marked "REFUSED" on the outside. I never ordered it. The mailman returned it to them. Now I have a bill for the first book with a demand for $31.96 as a "next installment". I do no ever pay bills in installments and owe them nothing.
    Won't some smart lawyer start a CLASS ACTION SUIT for the general, rooked public against this company?

• Le
    Leroy W. Thompson Aug 22, 2008

Some while back, I viewed an offer on-line to receive free on-line notices about health secrets. It is difficult for me to believe that anything is free, but I did accept the offer for "FREE ON LINE HEALTH SECRETS". A couple of Weeks later, I receive a package by mail. The box was opened already, most likely by mishandling during shipping. I read the shipping order which indicated it was a book from Bottom Line Books. After checking with my wife first, it seemed obvious the book was shipped erroneously. Still without ever removing the book from its box. I filled out the return to sender form, Resealed the box, and took the package to the Post Office. I handed the package directly to the Postal Employee behind the desk. Now it has been a couple of months, and yesterday I received a delinquency notice. In bold print and enclosed in a red square, it asks "WHY HAVEN'T WE HEARD FROM YOU ? It then indicates I owe them $47.95 for the Book entitled "TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS NE" This is the way these people do their business. I WARN EVERYONE, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE. RIGHT OR WRONG, THEY ARE THREATENING TO SEND THE AMOUNT TO COLLECTIONS. This, of course is extremely bad for ones credit rating. These people do not even provide a telephone number, let alone an 800 #. So...BEWARE.

norman verdolina Aug 19, 2008

I received a bill for $39.00 for a subscription to Bottom Line Personal. I had previously paid this amount to them and copied my check to them to verify the payment. I received a note from them that the payment went to the wrong company and gave me a telefone number to call. I called that number and after looking up my information I was advised that there was a $39 credit on my account for three months. I inquired can they transfer it over and I was told that they are the same company but cannot trasfer the money. I asked what were they going to do I did not call. They had not answer. This has made me decide that I do not want to do anything with this company anymore.

• Sr
    srnegle Aug 01, 2008

File a complaint with the FTC and the U.S. Postal Service inspector. You can do it online. When they harrass you again, tell them that complaints have been filed and to contact those agencies for further clarification. Meanwhile, enjoy your free items or throw them away. (U.S. Postal service code) What some of these scammers do, is trap you when you view their web site or inquire on products. They hope you can't remember if you ordered it or not. In my case, I pay up front when I want to order a product. If I receive merchandise with a bill, I know someone is trying to scam me.

Anthony Jul 16, 2008

This is not a complaint, per se, but reading here some complaints about Bottom Line Books has got me on edge. I ordered a book which they told me the cost and add a couple of books of interest. I accepted and did received the books as promised. Now I have recieved a second 'warning' about my purchase...I had overlooked the first notice. I was all set to pay them until I came across this area about ripoffs. My problem is ..do i pay them or ignore them? I read one of the complaints that they sent another customer more books even though she did not order them and was threatened if she didn't pay, her credit report would be ruined. keep in mind that I did recieve the products so its not like they scammed me..but i do not want to be solicited in 'buying' more books from them..and be threatened if i do not pay. Any suggestions? BTW, they did include in their payment request, that if I write to them with the payment, not to give my name and address to other company's they would comply and I did mention that I will no longer want any more books.

• Na
    Nancy Adamache Jul 15, 2008

My story is a little different. My mother had, in the past, ordered something from them. She passed away on 4/17/08 and I'm handling what little estate she had. I've been getting invoices from them every month threating to send it to collections if she does not pay. I repeatly wrote on the bill that she is deceased but it has been ignored. I looked in her possessions to see if I could find the book they say she ordered and it is no where to be found. I found this board when I was hunting for a phone number for them. I called and was told her account would be marked desceased but after reading what has been written here, I doubt if I've heard the last from them. Don't matter much other than it irritates me to get that mail. Let them go ahead a send it to collection, It won't hurt her and they can't collect anyway!

Jackie Jun 14, 2008

I went to their website and the only physical address I found was to the corp office:

Bottom Line Publications
    Editorial/Corporate Offices
    281 Tresser Boulevard, 8th Floor
    Stamford, CT. [protected]

I'm sending my book back via Fed-X with a signature that way they can't say it wasn't received.