Bottom Line Booksstill being billed for book I returned

I returned a book to Bottom Line Books along with an additional book they had sent me. I am still mistakenly receiving their bill along with annoying form letters saying I still owe them. I have since mailed them back one of these annoying form letters they sent me with bold writing from me informing them I returned not only the book they're billing me for but I also sent back another book they sent which I did not want. I also copied them on the proof of delivery to their Iowa address and the date it was delivered. This proof of delivery was directly from the US Postal Service, so they have this copy. I want them to STOP billing me immediately.

• Wa
    Warren White Feb 27, 2008

Large book, unknown title, unordered arrived today. I have not opened the package. I cannot find a website or and e-mail address to directly complain of this practice of sending unsolicited books. Can you help me reach Bottom Line Books so that I can send it back without paying additional money to get this accomplished.

sandy davis Mar 02, 2008

Bottom line books keeps sending unsolicited books and billing following. i didn't order books from them after the first book months ago, which i paid that bill. This company i have learned uses this scam on many people and there is no phone number to reach them.

• St
    Stephen Williams Mar 12, 2008

Company sent me a book unsolicited along with a bill for 35.90 claiming it is the book I ordered. There is no phone number to call and get a return goods authorization or even an address, just a PO BOX. This smells like deceit and a scam.

• Ri
    Richard meyer Mar 13, 2008

I did not order "Power Aging" and am being billed for it. I DO NOT want the book nor will I pay for it. I just want to return it postage paid by Bottom Line Books.

• Li
    Linda Graybill Mar 24, 2008

Large book, I have not opened the package. I cannot find a website or and e-mail address to directly complain of this practice of sending books. Can you help me reach Bottom Line Books so that I can send it back without paying additional money to get this accomplished.

Robbie Sanders Apr 14, 2008

You have falsely charged my Bank Account for $22.90 for a
    book I did not order . Also you have charged my Bank Account which I did not give you permission to do. YOU MUST REFUND THE AMOUNT TO MY ACCOUNT OR I WILL GO TO THE POLICE WITH THIS MATTER. IT SHOWS YOU ARE IN A HABBIT OF DOING THIS DIRTY THING TO A LOT OF PEOPLE. I FOR ONE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH IT. ROBBIE SANDERS

• Wa
    Wayne Apr 15, 2008

Received an invoice for a book that was never ordered nor received.

I do not owe this invoice and would like some action taken against vendors that tries to intimadate people this way...

Our credit is the only thing left that we own outright and now someone tries to steal that..

• Gy
    Gyasi A. Foluke May 22, 2008

I continue to receive a billing notice on a book that I have returned to this company. Indeed, they have the wrong name of the book that they are billing me for, i.e., Mind Boosting Secrets. Apparently--but I do not know--the company sent me two books, entitled, Health, Harm of Ripp-off, of which I returned one of them within the past two weeks. Yet, they continue to bill me for Mind Boosting Secrets.

Ana Maria E Valdes Jun 01, 2008

Chase, chase I don't want to hear about this Bank anymore, they did not care about you.

AM. Valdes

• Ta
    Tamara Macdonald Jun 17, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me.

I am in the process of trying to find a phone to call them, and of course will probably have to spend time on endless automated messages and then endless sales "specials" once I get to a live person - If lucky enough to achieve that.

There needs to be a way for consumers to be able to protect themselves from this kind of deceitful, unprofessional behavior from companies such as Bottom Line

• Be
    Beth S Jun 17, 2008

Same thing happened to us and here is a phone # to call:

1-800-678-5835

Good luck!

• El
    Elizabeth Jun 27, 2008

I have been harassed by Bottom line books. They keep billing me for a book I never received. I have written to them on several occasions telling them I have not received such a book but they just keep ignoring my letters and I keep getting a bill. This last bill I just got today says that I have 28 days to pay or they will take additional collection procedures. If I had received the book they claim they sent me I would have no problem paying for it but the truth is I have never received any book from them so how can I pay for something I never got. As if I had money to give out. Are they out of their mind or something?

This harassment has to stop. I've never heard of such a thing.

Barb Jun 30, 2008

I received a book that I have not ordered. This is terrible scam! Beware all!

• Ar
    Armiranda E Kemp Jul 12, 2008

I received a book that i did not order What should I do about it? i do not want to pay any return costs and it is very heavy !!

• Je
    Jeanine Jul 22, 2008

I received a package from Bottom Line Books with 3 Books in it. I did not open box knowing I had not ordered any. The attached bill was for 37.00. I told the Post Office I refused the package and they said I have to pay postage to send back. I am furious that people have to scam other unknowing people to make a buck. This is outrageous and I hope no one that falls prey to this bad company does not stand for it.

• Vi
    Vivian Loeb Jul 25, 2008

Received bill of 35.90 for books that were not ordered.
    In fact some time back we received a package of books from Bottom Line Books and returned the package to sender as not ordered.

• In
    Ingrid Monk Jul 26, 2008

Sent the books back the same day that they arrived, as they were not wanted. Have been sent bills, twice now . Have sent them notice that I sent them back with copy of the front of box, they in turn say I have not responded. Liars. made copy of latest letter to them and sent copy again of the return to sender.

• Mi
    Mitzzi Aug 04, 2008

Book was sent, unauthorized, and handed back to postal mail-carrier unopened. Package containing book was never placed in mailbox or delivered.

• Do
    Donald Vierra Aug 04, 2008

I received BOTTOM LINE YEARBOOK 2008 and returned it by mail unopened last month when I returned to the States. The reason for me being late on returning the book late, I was out of country since the 5th of June 2008. Sorry for being late but your book should be there already. You can contact me at 801-776-6156 if further assistance is needed. Thank you

• Ri
    richard wagner Aug 11, 2008

Books sent to me, which I did not order and then Bottom Line Books is sending bill saying I ordered the books and wanting Payment in full. There was no return info. or contact numbers.

james wood Aug 15, 2008

I DID NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM YOU AND DON'T SEND ME ANY MORE BILLS OR I'LL CALL MY LAWYER.

FACT
    BARBARA WOOD

• Ju
    Judith O'Connell Aug 17, 2008

Received duplicate copy of book ordered...as well as duplicate bill. Unable to contact Bottom Line Books...no email...no phone...no customer Service. Rip off!

• Gp
    gplate Aug 19, 2008

Same crap. Quality of the books are horrible - bill for $47.oo! Never ordered.

• Su
    sue ann holt Aug 22, 2008

I HAVE SENT THIS COMPANY SEVERAL EMAILS EXPLAING TO THEM THAT I RETURNED THE BOOK AND I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM MY EMAILS. I JUST KEEP GETTING BILLS FROM THEM STATING THAT MY PAYMENT IS PAST DUE AND TO PLEASE SEND IN THE PAYMENT OR TO RETURN THE BOOK WHICH I HAVE ALREADY DONE. THE AMOUNT OF THE BOOK WAS $40.95 WHICH I AM NOT GOING TO PAY BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE THE BOOK. I RETURNED IT TO THEM. I JUST WANT THEM TO STOP SENDING ME BILLS.

• Le
    LEF Sep 11, 2008

This company sent me a book through the US Postal Service that I did not order. I returned the book unopened and have a USPS confirmation number that the returned book was delivered to them. They continue to send me an invoice requesting payment. I think that the best thing for myself and others to do is to file a complaint with the US Postal Service and ask them to look into mail fraud.

• Ka
    Kakyan Dalal Sep 11, 2008

I received a set of books, I never ordered. An invoice of $47.94 is also enclosed. I checked everywhere but did not find a
    phone No to contact. I went to internet to find a phone No. Instead I found this link. They did it to many people.

• Je
    Jean R. Lehmann Sep 15, 2008

I don't know of this company. I never ordered any books from them. Somehow this organization stole my home information and has the audacity of charging me for books I never ordered. I don't even know this company. Perhaps they have hackers that can get into internet sites.

• Pe
    Peter Billek Sep 16, 2008

I also keep receiving books from Bottom Line which I did not order. Sent tham an e-mail asking to be taken off their mailing list.
    I also call the U S Mail Post Office and they told me to write on the package RETURN TO SENDER which I did now I will have to wait and see if that works.

marie nogara Sep 24, 2008

I recieved the books, didn't like them. I sent them back the next day, but I am recieving bills . I would like to stop this, but do not know how to do so. Please help.

• Ge
    George B. Snowden Sr, Oct 01, 2008

Today, Oct. 1, 2008 I received a package of books that I did NOT order. I could find "NO: telephone
    number ans spoke to North Carolina Att. Gen. office along with my personal attorney.
    So far, I've been advised to ask the "scam" company to send ne the return poatage so I can eresolve
    this "scam" and return the books at

Today, Oct. 1, 2008, I received a package of books from "bottom Line Books" that I did NOT order.
    I notified my attorney, NC Att. Gen. and BBB.
    At this point I'm requesting postage expenses in order to return YOUR scam attenpt to push books
    without ordering them.
    I am currently "legally blind" and have been advised to give you 5 days to furnish the required postage
    at which time " The books will be returned at my leisure If postage in NOT forthcoming, I will
    dispose of them as "I" see fit. NOTE: I will dump them into a recycle bin".
    I've been "legally blind" since Aug. 3, 2007.

Please Note: You can expedite book return within 24 hours, via email so if no word received by your "scam" business ethics, I will take the legal inititive option to expedite my notice.

WITHOUT RESPECT,
    George B. Snowden Sr

CC: North Carolina Attorney General
    Personal Attorney - Blind
    Better Business Bureau

'

Ronald Young Oct 01, 2008

I returned books sent to me on 090508 with a delivery confirmation0308 0730 0000 0893 2917 as these were not what i wanted. this account is 37 010 542022645 7 500 2002 00047940003196513015989902202 please cancel my account. thank you Ronald Young.

• Ar
    Arthur Taylor Oct 02, 2008

Do not send me any more books. I got two copies of Stop Cancer Before it Starts.Also why don't you have a telephone number where people can reach you ?What are you trying to hide when people can't call you on the Telephone..I resd some of the comlpaints and one of them was why you don't have a telephone.I am going to report this to the Better Business Bureau. don't send me any more books.. Cancel all orders. Some opf the books you snt me I didn't order

Arthur Taylor 5859 N Gallery Lane Prescott Valley, AZ 86314

Barbara Nichols Oct 06, 2008

Bought book on Health tips and paid for it by check but am getting dunning notes saying I still owed them money. Have copy of my check paying for it but can't send a CEASE & DESIST letter with copy of check to their Post Office Box. Need an address!

This company is a scam!

Ronald L Morris Oct 06, 2008

Package is unopened, letter is read.
    I want to return everything-unopened.
    What is your return address?

• Ca
    Carrie Oct 06, 2008

I ordered a book from them and turned around and sent it back.
    I have since gotten 2 bills and then another one today from a collection agency.
    The book was sent back over a month ago and I'm tired of being harrassed as well.
    The Better Business Burea needs to take action against unsrupulous companies such as Bottom Line Books.

• La
    larry sheppard Oct 10, 2008

I was sent a bill for books that has two prices, neither, states the orginal order price. There's no phone number to contact, just a bill amount. I'm returning the books.

Barbara Oct 11, 2008

I too ordered the Treasury of Health Secrets and that is a big fraud. Its "ole wives tale" stuff, I've been hearing for years from my mother, etc. I returned the books also and have the proof of delivery and still receiving bills. I hope they do not go into my checking account, as that was one of the questions. The people who are backing this book on tv should be sued, they were reputable people before in my eyes, but not any more.
    Thank you for letting me "scream" .

bart eagleston Oct 11, 2008

Unauthorized book order. On receipt, returned to shipper unopened. Still received bill even tho there was a 30-day examination period.

• Lc
    LC Oct 17, 2008

I called in for the books and customer service cancelled all the series of books and the yearbook on ths spot.

Try these numbers as necessary:
    Bottom Line Books and Boardroom Classics
    P.O. Box 11401
    Des Moines, IA 50336
    (800) 678-5835
    Fax (515) 237-4752

I think the package return address is:
    P.O. Box 508

281 Tresser Boulevard, 8th Floor
    Stamford, CT. 06901-3246
    (203) 973-5900
    Fax (203) 967-3086

You can also go to http://www.bottomlinesecrets.com/cs/contact.html

• El
    Ellie Parker Oct 20, 2008

I also received unsolicited books and cannot find a way to contact these people. I have no number, only a payment address that says do not send correspondence to this address????? What gives here? I am really disgusted!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices