Menu
CB Books and Magazines Bottom Line still being billed for book I returned
Bottom Line

Bottom Line review: still being billed for book I returned 186

Author of the review
1:05 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I returned a book to Bottom Line Books along with an additional book they had sent me. I am still mistakenly receiving their bill along with annoying form letters saying I still owe them. I have since mailed them back one of these annoying form letters they sent me with bold writing from me informing them I returned not only the book they're billing me for but I also sent back another book they sent which I did not want. I also copied them on the proof of delivery to their Iowa address and the date it was delivered. This proof of delivery was directly from the US Postal Service, so they have this copy. I want them to STOP billing me immediately.

186 comments
scm
Jun 10, 2011 12:35 pm EDT

Scam for the 3 time by this company who sends out the books without a order and its vey hard to send back as its packed very bad so when you go to the post office you cant get a return slip do to the fact thet the pack looks like it has been opend i did not open but company will not send me a return poster on the .many compaints about this companypc!

Maria S
Mar 10, 2011 12:57 pm EST

The book “Treasury of Health” was sent to my residence without my knowledge. The book was returned to Bottom Line books in the original shipping box which had never been opened. The words “Return to Sender – Refused” were writting on the outside of the box and the box was taken to a post office. I continue to receive notifications of collections after notifying the company in writing the book had been returned.

lacqyess
Memphis, US
Feb 19, 2011 12:45 am EST

A book was sent to my home that I did not order. I wrote on the package product not ordered. I returned the package unopened to the Post office and mailed it back to the company. I am being invoice by the the company for a product not ordered and a product I do not have. There is no number on the invoice that I can call to clear this matter up.

cara4700
tean, US
Jan 11, 2011 11:36 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BOTTOM LINE BOOKS. Does anyone have a way to stop this company from sending these continual bills which are a total fake...? I do hope they don't utilize a collection agency! They should be reported to the attorney general of IOWA, which is where they say they are located. if anyone has a way to do that- PLEASE DO!

T
T
taxies
Fort Pierce, US
Oct 02, 2010 12:08 pm EDT

i received a book from these people stating i can pay in full47.94 or three installments for 47.94. it states to return yet no info. to return no phone# no contact i do not know what to do it doesnt make cense pay in full 47.94 or three easy installments of 47.94 what doen this mean it is false advertizing and info none

V
V
Vincent Eklund
League City, US
Sep 05, 2010 11:31 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I received a bill for $47.94 for Treasury of Health Secrets on September 4th, 2010. I did not order this book and I have not received it.
The company does not provide a telephone number for customer service and I do not want this book.

Vincent Eklund

I and getting Ready to Fight

beautifulbc03
Ellsinore, US
Oct 28, 2009 8:50 pm EDT

I have been billed for a book "TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS NE" at a cost of $47.94. I have tried to explain to Louis Adamo, Collections Manager, that I didn't order this book and I certainly haven't received it, but to no avail.

What do I have to do to make these people understand that I don't have their book, and neither do I want their book?

Can anyone help me?

c.j. rowley
Chicago, US
Oct 06, 2009 1:34 pm EDT

I took a survey on line and a pop up said if I complete this survey I will get 2 books free. I completed the survey, received the books and now an I am being billed, also, this is the first bill I received and they are saying it is the third.
I am keeping the books as I completed my end of the bargain and I will go into my credit report and post a fraud
complaint against them.

E
E
Edgar
Jul 04, 2009 6:24 pm EDT

When I originally ordered several books, I paid for them. Then continued to be billed and billed and billed. Finally I sent an Excel spreadsheet of payments and dates and amounts. There is no way to phone these idiots. When I've asked them to close my account, then they start sending books I never ordered. Then the bills begin all over again! All I want is peace without Bottom Line Books - ever again!

bert rollins
Largo, US
Jun 27, 2009 3:32 pm EDT

i received three books in the mail from bottom line books, which i didnot order. they said that i ordered the books on line. i never order online . if i would order it would be paid at the time of the order. i am sending them back to clarion iowa this week of june 29, 2009. i will take my claim to the state and the senior citizens dept. thank you bert rollins

Carl Gilbow
Tallmadge, US
Jun 12, 2009 3:28 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I received a copy of a book I had not ordered. I took the book to the post office and marked it refused and returned it. I never wanted the book and I never open the package. Now they are trhreating to send it to collection. They say the account status is delinquent.

I did not order the book and marked it refused and returned the book via the Postal Service.

Dana Doody
Midland, US
Apr 20, 2009 7:00 pm EDT

called the number given on the complaint board and it was answering machine, lady saying she will be out of the office til April 23rd, I left my name and address and told her I never received any books from them. I will keep calling until I get a real person and tell them I'm not paying 49.94 for something I di not receive. I will post later if I get a live person.

John T. Spencer
Apr 08, 2009 9:22 pm EDT

I received books from Bottom Line Books, a company I've never heard of, that I never ordered. I've never seen a company that would send you anything ordered on line without a credit card. My next call will be to the State Attourneys Office in Florida because this is a blatant misuse of Federal Fraud. Fraud on the internet! This company must be stopped!

Karol Tucker
Snowflake, US
Mar 02, 2009 12:52 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered one set of books and paid for them in full. Then the next week I got several more books and sent them back unopened. I got a bill a week later saying I ordered these books and my first installment was due for $23.94, Total balance $35.92. After reading the other complaints I will go to the Better Business and turn them in

Registered Nurse
New Orleans, US
Mar 01, 2009 11:57 am EST

Run from this company! Do not order anything from them. They will bill you over and over and not respond to your concerns! They do not appear to be reputable! They will not allow you to return the books. I have phoned and emailed over and over with no response!

Displeased
Capitan, US
Feb 16, 2009 11:20 am EST

Being continually billed for product did not order - 2009 Health Breakthroughs. When I received the product, I took it to our local postmaster and had them return the product marked "Refused, return to sender". This company persists on billing me.

Christina Wilson
Fairfax, US
Feb 07, 2009 5:53 pm EST

I received books from this company that I never ordered, along with a bill. I returned the books to them, certified mail. They have not acknowledged. Instead, they have sent me a bill for the books two weeks after they were returned. What does it take to get them to stop this? A lawsuit? Will this complaint actually result in some action?
C. WIlson

Ron
Jan 28, 2009 2:33 pm EST

Bottom line books sent me a book I did not order and have billed me $39.00. I returned the book with package unopened and paid for postage to get tracking and and delivery information. They will not acknowlege receiving the returned package and keep billing me. Does anyone have a phone # that I can turn this over to my attorney and let them handle it?
Thanks for any help, Ron

Larry Jessie
Moore, US
Dec 30, 2008 10:36 am EST

My name is Larry Jessie and I have been receiving Books and being billed for items that I have not ordered. There is no contact phone number to call. The company name is bottom line books PO box 11014 Des Moines, IA [protected]. Please advise as to how this should be handled.

GARY TARBOX
Dec 07, 2008 5:23 pm EST

I RECEIVED 2009 HEALTH BREAKTHROUGHS FROM THIS COMPANY. I NEVER ORDERED THIS BOOK AND DO NOT INTEND TO PAYT FOR IT.

I HAVE ADVISED THE COMPANY OF THIS AND THAT THEY MUST SEND TO ME THE PROPER POSTAGE TO RETURN THIS BOOK, AS THIS TYPE OF ACTION IS AGAINST THE LAW.

Cheryl
Dec 02, 2008 5:24 am EST

I am not sure of the addresss, I sent back 3 books for now I am being sent to collections. I have faithfully returned the books, what do I do now?

Cheryl Walinski
Steven Street
Green Bay, WI 54303
[protected]

david j moran
Nov 22, 2008 10:10 am EST

sent a2009 yearbook i did not order and want payment of31.90 feel i didn, t order and should not have to pay for something i didn, t order and want to be taken off there mailing list.

joAn
Nov 14, 2008 9:26 pm EST

Did not order the Bottom Line Books...but received one in the mail..I am not responsible for the payment.
JoAn Field34a4c

Don
Nov 14, 2008 7:40 pm EST

I have received a year book 209 which I did not order. Futher more thre was an instruction " Leave if no response". This will remain by my letter box until who ever deliver pick it up.

betsy
Nov 10, 2008 11:33 am EST

3 years ago I cancelled the bottom line year book. Each year they continue to send a book. Each year I complin, they then send a return book label. And so it is again this year...

audrey hollatz
Nov 05, 2008 12:09 pm EST

I have repeatedly received BILLS from the Bottom Line book people. I HAVE NO BOOKS FROM THEM.
PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP AND MAKE SURE THAT I AM NOT BILLED FOR A PRODUCT THAT I DO NOT HAVE!
PLEASE SEND ME A CONFIRMATION REGARDING THIS FOR MY RECORDS. IF THIS SHOWS UP ON MY CREDIT REPORT I WILL CONTACT MY ATTORNEY.
AUDREY HOLLATZ
5476 w laurie lane
glendale, arizona 85302

Alex Ruiz
Oct 30, 2008 8:43 am EDT

Bottom Line Books are preying on senor citizens. They hav no contact phone numbers and they keep sending bills to my parents for books that have not been recieved. There is no way to contact via phone. This seems to be a scam and they sould stop this unfair practice. The books are being charged to Jose Ruiz at 340 NW 117 t Miami, Fl 33168. Please let me know if you could help me resoulve this matter.

Jan O Warner
Oct 28, 2008 12:03 pm EDT

Received Bottom Line's Drug-Free Healing from their Healthy Living Series. I did not order this. I am sending it back.

account #[protected]

Jan O. Warner
79 the Hils
Port Ewen, NY 12466

Ronald L Morris
Oct 06, 2008 2:39 pm EDT

Package is unopened, letter is read.
I want to return everything-unopened.
What is your return address?

Barbara Nichols
Oct 06, 2008 10:02 am EDT

Bought book on Health tips and paid for it by check but am getting dunning notes saying I still owed them money. Have copy of my check paying for it but can't send a CEASE & DESIST letter with copy of check to their Post Office Box. Need an address!

This company is a scam!

marie nogara
Sep 24, 2008 11:24 am EDT

I recieved the books, didn't like them. I sent them back the next day, but I am recieving bills . I would like to stop this, but do not know how to do so. Please help.

Jean R. Lehmann
Sep 15, 2008 6:35 pm EDT

I don't know of this company. I never ordered any books from them. Somehow this organization stole my home information and has the audacity of charging me for books I never ordered. I don't even know this company. Perhaps they have hackers that can get into internet sites.

LEF
Sep 11, 2008 10:48 am EDT

This company sent me a book through the US Postal Service that I did not order. I returned the book unopened and have a USPS confirmation number that the returned book was delivered to them. They continue to send me an invoice requesting payment. I think that the best thing for myself and others to do is to file a complaint with the US Postal Service and ask them to look into mail fraud.

sue ann holt
Aug 22, 2008 8:19 pm EDT

I HAVE SENT THIS COMPANY SEVERAL EMAILS EXPLAING TO THEM THAT I RETURNED THE BOOK AND I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM MY EMAILS. I JUST KEEP GETTING BILLS FROM THEM STATING THAT MY PAYMENT IS PAST DUE AND TO PLEASE SEND IN THE PAYMENT OR TO RETURN THE BOOK WHICH I HAVE ALREADY DONE. THE AMOUNT OF THE BOOK WAS $40.95 WHICH I AM NOT GOING TO PAY BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE THE BOOK. I RETURNED IT TO THEM. I JUST WANT THEM TO STOP SENDING ME BILLS.

Mitzzi
Aug 04, 2008 8:49 am EDT

Book was sent, unauthorized, and handed back to postal mail-carrier unopened. Package containing book was never placed in mailbox or delivered.

I
I
Ingrid Monk
Jul 26, 2008 11:34 am EDT

Sent the books back the same day that they arrived, as they were not wanted. Have been sent bills, twice now . Have sent them notice that I sent them back with copy of the front of box, they in turn say I have not responded. Liars. made copy of latest letter to them and sent copy again of the return to sender.

Jeanine
Jul 22, 2008 7:07 pm EDT

I received a package from Bottom Line Books with 3 Books in it. I did not open box knowing I had not ordered any. The attached bill was for 37.00. I told the Post Office I refused the package and they said I have to pay postage to send back. I am furious that people have to scam other unknowing people to make a buck. This is outrageous and I hope no one that falls prey to this bad company does not stand for it.

Gyasi A. Foluke
May 22, 2008 1:01 pm EDT

I continue to receive a billing notice on a book that I have returned to this company. Indeed, they have the wrong name of the book that they are billing me for, i.e., Mind Boosting Secrets. Apparently--but I do not know--the company sent me two books, entitled, Health, Harm of Ripp-off, of which I returned one of them within the past two weeks. Yet, they continue to bill me for Mind Boosting Secrets.

Robbie Sanders
Apr 14, 2008 1:39 pm EDT

You have falsely charged my Bank Account for $22.90 for a
book I did not order . Also you have charged my Bank Account which I did not give you permission to do. YOU MUST REFUND THE AMOUNT TO MY ACCOUNT OR I WILL GO TO THE POLICE WITH THIS MATTER. IT SHOWS YOU ARE IN A HABBIT OF DOING THIS DIRTY THING TO A LOT OF PEOPLE. I FOR ONE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH IT. ROBBIE SANDERS